Favorite CPS2 "VS Series" Game

Favorite VS fighter on CPS2

• Total voters

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Just curious which out the VS games on cps2 ppl like the best whether its because they played it the most, was more balanced or liked it cause it was so broken.

Last edited:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
My vote went the Xmen vs Street fighter. Xmen are tight and I played it the most out of the 3 at the arcade. Every character has a infinite, so it kinda balances out in that aspect. I heard MSH vs Street Fighter is the most balanced. And MvC was just really fun to play but i remember double warmachine bs, and some characters have really easy infintes.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
XvsSF has always been a favorite, but I really wish Captain America was in it, or that Charlie was in Marvel vs Capcom. I'd be unbeatable with that team.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
MSHvsSF is definitly my favorite and i discovered it not long ago. I used to play Marvel Super Heroes all the time at the arcade. I didn't like X-Men VS SF because it lacked some of my favorite characters from MSH. MSHvsSF just bring my favorite from MSH and SF together and feels like MSH to me. Marvel VS Capcom always feel off to me ... something about the game just does not click with me.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
XvsSF has always been a favorite, but I really wish Captain America was in it, or that Charlie was in Marvel vs Capcom. I'd be unbeatable with that team.
Yeah, Cap in one of my favorite characters. Charlie is REALLY good in Xmen vs SF, ive never really thought about it but it would def be sick if he was in MvC. Or atleast Shadow Nash or whatever.

MSHvsSF is definitly my favorite and i discovered it not long ago. I used to play Marvel Super Heroes all the time at the arcade. I didn't like X-Men VS SF because it lacked some of my favorite characters from MSH. MSHvsSF just bring my favorite from MSH and SF together and feels like MSH to me. Marvel VS Capcom always feel off to me ... something about the game just does not click with me.
Yeah, reason i even started up this poll was i was watching some MSH vs SF matches on youtube while eating my lunch. I get hype watching old game match vids. It looks pretty fun. I might have to jump on fightcade this weekend and get destroyed. havent touched any of these games in awhile.

the7k

Tarma's Gun Polisher
In my experience, most people consider MSHvSF the black sheep of the family because they tried too hard to balance it, making the game less fun as a result. XvSF had a balance of sorts in that every character was broken and was capable of infinite combos.

Personally, XvSF is the only arcade game I've ever regretted selling, not because I particularly cared for the game but simply because it was always popular with other people. I do want to get MSHvSF, but it would have to be the Japanese version as the only reason I want it is because of Norimaro.

fluxcore

Another Striker
XvSF is pretty awesome to play. I didn't really like the vs series again until MvC2.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I came here for the thread title of vs game not vs fighter... so my answer is Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
In my experience, most people consider MSHvSF the black sheep of the family because they tried too hard to balance it, making the game less fun as a result. XvSF had a balance of sorts in that every character was broken and was capable of infinite combos.

Personally, XvSF is the only arcade game I've ever regretted selling, not because I particularly cared for the game but simply because it was always popular with other people. I do want to get MSHvSF, but it would have to be the Japanese version as the only reason I want it is because of Norimaro.
Thats the japanese comedian character right? Ive never used him , just remember seeing a vid and thinking i should check it out. but never got around to doing it. So MSH vs SF is too balanced , MvC is too broken basically and XMvSF is a decent blend.

XvSF is pretty awesome to play. I didn't really like the vs series again until MvC2.
I didnt play the VS series as much as i shouldve, was playing for SF and tekken.

I came here for the thread title of vs game not vs fighter... so my answer is Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Added "series" to the title. And i agree with puzzle fighter, great fkn game

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Thats the japanese comedian character right? Ive never used him , just remember seeing a vid and thinking i should check it out. but never got around to doing it. So MSH vs SF is too balanced , MvC is too broken basically and XMvSF is a decent blend.

MSF isn't balanced. In fact, it's probably the worst balanced of all of them (Wolverine >>>>> Everything Else). The problem was that their idea of balancing the game was removing a lot of the mobility and combo options characters had previously which just made it less fun and made several characters who were viable in XSF and MSH completely worthless. Plus the roster was total garbage. 17 characters in the US version and 8 of them were fireball/uppercut chars (5 shotos, Spidey, Cap, Cyclops). 3 of the 6 secret characters are also fb/dp. BORING.

Voted for X-men/SF. MSF is crapola and MvC, while fun if you don't know what you're doing, boils down to Strider/Wolverine/Red Venom/Double War Machines the deeper down you get which is pretty boring. XSF has the loosest combo system and everyone more or less having infinites means it's balanced in its own stupid way. Plus I have a soft spot for XSF's look/soundtrack.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
MSH vs SF is my favourite.

Unlike what 100proof said, overall, I like the roster and prefer the more polished feel of the game > XMvsSF. It's never an easy decision for me between the two though, as I really dig Charlie and Sabretooth from XMvsSF. At least Shadow is in MSHvsSF I guess.

MvC is always my 3rd choice.

FYI... MVC2 is always my 4th choice. I don't particularly like that game...

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
MvC here, they are all great but I dig this one the most. Ryu being able to turn into Ken and Akuma is nice and doesn't bog down the roster but I do wish they had Guile or Charlie.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tough choice, I like all 3. The garbage going on about MSHvsSF is crazy, but yeah I can agree with some of it, still, each VS game just brought something new to the table. I feel that CotA was crazy in the sense of juggling, such a unique system, although it all seemed like the seeds of things to come CotA still has some awesome things about it. Same goes for MSH, another great game, a bit crazy but fun nonetheless.

I guess I'll just go with XMvsSF 'cause it was mind blowing the first time I played it, everything about it just made me go nuts back then, I was hooked.

I love MSHvsSF on Saturn, specifically Survival mode, so much fun, unlocking the secret characters makes it more enticing.

Actually XMvsSF on Saturn was also cool 'cause of the extras as well.

Part of me wishes MVC had a Saturn release but the DC port isn't bad either, crossover mode is so much fun. Wish I could get to play that game more often. I dunno why crossover mode wasn't available online, a true lost opportunity there.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
marvel super heroes vs street fighter is one of my favourite games of all time. the visuals and roster are my favourite in the entire vs series.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Of the 3, Marvel vs Capcom is the most nostalgic to me. Play as Venom and Roll? Hell yeah.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Part of me wishes MVC had a Saturn release but the DC port isn't bad either, crossover mode is so much fun. Wish I could get to play that game more often. I dunno why crossover mode wasn't available online, a true lost opportunity there.
Yeah. I wish they'd have released it for Saturn too. Would've been cool to have them all on the one console. I imagine Venom's animation wouldv'e been pushing it though?

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
My vote goes for Xmen vs street fighter. Just played it last night.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
My vote goes for Xmen vs street fighter. Just played it last night.

Saw a cab at a laundry mat next to a pho house I go to alot. They has a big red, a pacman machine and a big blue with xmvs. Forgot how good gambit is in this one.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
AJ, I'm on Fightcade right now if you wanna have the adventure of a lifetime! Welcome to the adventure!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I am! I'm on the alpha 3 room but down for whatever!
LWK wants to play some SFV too!
We should get together again for some Thurd...son!