Fatal Fury Special kicks my ass

DIY

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Unless I'm playing with Geese, I keep getting my ass kicked by Big Bear on normal difficulty. Every other damn character is a breeze except for Bear.

I've been able to beat the game on Normal so far a few times, but Bear still owns me for free almost everytime I have to face him.

The problem is, I wait till he jumps then counter, but only end up winning 1/5 of the time. Anyone have some advice for me on how to take down Bear?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
DIY said:
Unless I'm playing with Geese, I keep getting my ass kicked by Big Bear on normal difficulty. Every other damn character is a breeze except for Bear.

I've been able to beat the game on Normal so far a few times, but Bear still owns me for free almost everytime I have to face him.

The problem is, I wait till he jumps then counter, but only end up winning 1/5 of the time. Anyone have some advice for me on how to take down Bear?

If you really want to go the easy way, use Jubei and just D-sweep him out, with some cookie-throwing inbetween (charge db/b,f+P). No matter which difficulty you're on, Bear can't do shit about it.

Overall, keep your attacks low and you'll have no problems. Corner-trapping him is useful as well because he can't do his highly damaging shoulder charge attack.

What's more, he's vulnerable to quick line sway attacks. Use Joe and pull off B plane attacks, then low-sweep him, repeat, dead. IMO, Bear is one of the easiest CPU opponents, closely followed by Mai and her very predictable attack patterns.

A similar technique also works against Krauser, btw. Once you have him in the corner, his Blitz Balls'n stuff don't work anymore and you can nail him.

DIX

Astra Superstar
gvsbdx6xm.png

simple play, using G.Howard, defeated Big Bear, LEVEL-4 (MVS difficulty), at the 10TH STAGE (harder) 2-0

a good strat could be lead Bear to the corner and at abuse with the reppuken at distance of 3-4 step (out the normal moves range)

DOWNLOAD:RIGHT-CLICK-SAVE-AS

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
DIY said:

If you have no pride, Geese can chip away everyone in the game to death with low D -> A-reppuken (or low A -> reppuken, or low A -> low D -> reppuken). None of those are combos but the block damage really adds up.

If you're not using Geese, remember that you can stop his shoulder tackle with any high-priority counter move (rising tackle and hienzan work best, shoryudan and tiger kick are also OK).

Don't toss out too many pokes or whiff too many out of range attacks or he'll hit you with his defensive attack (the palm poke thing, which can outprioritize a freight train).

Finally, he has a stupid habit in both FF2 and FFS of walking up to you, then jumping vertically and doing a B kick in mid-air. Block it, then walk forward and throw him as soon as he lands (he won't counter-throw you).