Fatal Fury PS2 Collection release date

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
HellioN said:
Why?
That game was horrible.

It wasn't that bad. The things that make it a unique entry in the FF series make it worth owning if you a fan of the Garoudensetsu/Fatal Fury characters and storyline.

Was Alfred ever playable in any game besides this? I just don't remember...

Domino-chan said:
Hey Dominated Mind was worth the 10 second Billy anime clip.

Yeah, definitely one of the cool novelties of the game were the animated clips.

Cain Highwind said:
I kind of hope they could go by the NeoCD version of RealBout Special and add the extra Blue Mary Sound Art. I'd be a very happy man. But the game by itself with maybe the AST and no loading is good enough for me.

I remember the Sega Saturn also having that Blue Mary Sound Art and ending sequence. Very cool addition, and a little bit of trivia for afficionados of the series.

tsukaesugi

Holy shit, it's a ninja!,
If this collection is anything like the Last Blade one the games will probably all be emulated from the MVS, which would mean no Dominated Mind (or soundtrack / anime extras). The original PS port Last Blade intro anime* was left out of the PS2 Last Blade collection.

*done by the same studio as the Dominated Mind and DC KOF99 anime, I forget the name... Sunrise? Sunsomething or other

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
I just hope the PS3 can run PS2 games on a virtual overclocked mode because I am just baffled on why on earth would a game publisher would want to published inferiorly produced emulation on retail software? Is SNK Playmore too cheap to afford Digital Eclipse or something? Here's to the future and hope Playmore does it right this time.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Alfred is playable on a hacked RB2, and he is also playable on the NGPC fatal fury: first contact game, but you have to go through a ridiculous amount of trouble to get him. (from what I remember).

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
NeoEsZ said:
Alfred is playable on a hacked RB2, and he is also playable on the NGPC fatal fury: first contact game, but you have to go through a ridiculous amount of trouble to get him. (from what I remember).

Well, that's kind of a shame. Personally, I always though Xiangfe was the worst, most typical and cliched of the three RB2 characters. I really thought she didn't merit all of the extra exposure she got and was just an average design. Meanwhile, Rick Stroud and Alfred, much cooler designs, got short shrift.

Why the fuck weren't Rick Stroud and Alfred put in some KOFs as playable characters? Both were awesome.

Too bad they aren't in MI 2 or the PS2 KOF XI.

Yes, I know Vanessa has a number of Rick's moves, but it needs to be said:

Rick Stroud > Vanessa

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Like I said, they could always do a Newcomer Team:
Alfred, Rick, Xiangfei
And I happen to love all three designs.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
Matarick said:
I just hope the PS3 can run PS2 games on a virtual overclocked mode because I am just baffled on why on earth would a game publisher would want to published inferiorly produced emulation on retail software? Is SNK Playmore too cheap to afford Digital Eclipse or something? Here's to the future and hope Playmore does it right this time.
I think they mentioned before that they aren't doing Hyper 64 ports due to lack of the original code. They'd have to go hunt down copies of all the boards and then emulate them. These emulated releases could be due to the same problem.

These Fatal Fury games are old enough that they probably don't have the source to port any more or it's low-level enough (lots of assembler, etc.) that porting would be a lot more work than emulating.

Hopefully they can get the sound issues worked out, though. That was my biggest problem with the Last Blade ... they compressed the samples so much they sounded like ass.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
Cover art:

Hell yeah, Special is included!

Would it have killed them to find some place to stick Andy and Joe in there?!

Another nice cover, despite that one annoying flaw.

Kaioh

Sakura's Bank Manager
Awesome! I'm so getting this! I guess Battle Archives 2 will be RB, RBS, and RB2.

TB@SNK-Capcom

Quiz Detective
It looks liek Laurence Blood and Axel Hawk are stealing the limelight from Andy and Joe on this cover.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm glad they got that Ogura (sp?) guy to do it instead of Hiroaki. I like his stuff better. And I think someone at some point had said they weren't planning to include FF3; I'm glad that was wrong.

fatal fury fan #2

Duck King's DJ
SouthtownKid said:
I'm glad they got that Ogura (sp?) guy to do it instead of Hiroaki. I like his stuff better. And I think someone at some point had said they weren't planning to include FF3; I'm glad that was wrong.

I heard that there wasn't going to be FFS on this collection, I'm glad that it wasn't true :cool:

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
outside the kof 97 poster, i haven't seen blue mary elsewhere.

Hopefully she'll make it on the next volume of this collection.

freak

New Challenger
Garou Densetsu Special/Fatal Fury Special was a great game.

It's one of the most popular game in 93.(in Japan and other Asian countries at least)

And the idea of dreammatch that Terry vs Young Ryo which was lead to KOF series, came from this game too.

img10072184082.gif

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
jeff bogard said:
outside the kof 97 poster, i haven't seen blue mary elsewhere.

Hopefully she'll make it on the next volume of this collection.

Fatal Fury 3?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
Cover art:

Hell yeah, Special is included!

*SCREAMS LIKE THE NINTENDO SIXTY FOUR KID!!!!1111!!!!11!!!1!!one!!1111!won!!11!*

That cover is BAD ASS! Definitely the BEST cover for a PS2 release SNK-P's done yet.

Despite the notable absence of Andy and Joe on the cover, it's still a great fucking image. A back shot of Terry with ALL of the Garoudensetsu/Fatal Fury bosses. What a fabulous design!

Holy shit! There's even a special logo for Garoudensetsu's 15th anniversary! RESPECT, BITCHES!

Fucking outstanding. Man, it takes me back.

Last edited:

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I don't get the excitement over these packs. Didn't we play these games 15 years ago? Don't you people have Neo's?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
I don't get the excitement over these packs. Didn't we play these games 15 years ago? Don't you people have Neo's?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic