FATAL FURY NOW ON EUROPEAN Wii SHOP CHANNEL!!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Suprised no one else has posted this already. Released today for 900 Wii points, pretty much a spot on port; only fault I could find was some of the Engrish is not the same as the original AES Euro release... However, graphics, animation and music are as per the original :)

Plays well with the classic controller too!! :D

jamie666

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Yeah just seen this one is available.

Good seeing neo games available over here at last. I wonder how oftern new neo titles will be available?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Funny how they changed the engrish you'd think it'd just be a normal rom release.

neogeo bootup screen present or not?

its cool but I'll skip this as I have it coming on ngh next week

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Baseley09 said:
boot up is present apparently.

Yup, original neo geo boot screen present along with the jingle.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
TrueTrials said:
Aparently run in bordered 50Hz Pal though..

lol jesus christ

and they want 900 points for it. because everyone played with a pal neo at 50hz

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
jamie666 said:
Yeah just seen this one is available.

Good seeing neo games available over here at last. I wonder how oftern new neo titles will be available?

Prolly be one decent update per month like with the megadrive stuff.

At least there's no pc-engine drivel this week, a lot of the stuff they've released on that is appalling imo. Where's Mr Heli and Atomic Robo Kid??!! :loco:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
True that, theres been some excellent titles but like the NES output also, theres a load of crap.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
vc is awesome and all but.. having the original stuff is still quite nice - and the fact that they haven't implemented online play for some of these games.. such wasted potential

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
vc is awesome and all but.. having the original stuff is still quite nice - and the fact that they haven't implemented online play for some of these games.. such wasted potential

Personally I'm not bothered about online play, however it would be pretty neat if you could download a trial of the games as with xbox live... some stuff just doesn't live up to the memory of playing the game as a kid. When you buy a VC title you need to know what you're buying because if its crap you've still paid for it.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Tarma said:
Personally I'm not bothered about online play, however it would be pretty neat if you could download a trial of the games as with xbox live... some stuff just doesn't live up to the memory of playing the game as a kid. When you buy a VC title you need to know what you're buying because if its crap you've still paid for it.
I see what you're saying but personally I pretty much hate the notion of demos. it's one area of console gaming I wish would never have sprouted.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
I see what you're saying but personally I pretty much hate the notion of demos. it's one area of console gaming I wish would never have sprouted.

I have to say that in the past I've not been a big fan myself, but as I've got older I've become less blase with my money and I really like to try before I buy on titles I'm keenly interested in but may have no past experience of...

I know not every one here will agree with me on my opinion of World Heroes, but I'd rather know that World Heroes is pretty dire (imo) BEFORE I spent 900 Wii points if y'know what I mean :)

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
has it the universe bios inbedded?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
That's kind of silly how they'd bother to change the English text in the game. Sometimes the Engrish is a little weird, but especially in earlier games like Fatal Fury, isn't it good enough the way it is?

Razoola said:
has it the universe bios inbedded?
Ha ha. It's funny how you ask that right up front this time. You're right to be on guard about it now.

aria

Former Moderator
Neo Alec said:
That's kind of silly how they'd bother to change the English text in the game. Sometimes the Engrish is a little weird, but especially in earlier games like Fatal Fury, isn't it good enough the way it is?

Well said. I can understand removing flicker issues in some of the older console games (which they didn't) but changing text? That actually is charming.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I ended up downloading World Heroes (since I don't have that one on AES) I'll probably end up getting Fatal Fury but I keep my Neo hooked up to my TV all the time and I rather play a Neo game using an arcade stick.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Strider77 said:
so I'm assuming these VC titles are in crappy fake hi-res?

You know what assuming does.

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
Strider77 said:
so I'm assuming these VC titles are in crappy fake hi-res?

As fars as I know, they aren't. They are in their original 240p resolution (scan-lines), the same way the VC displays NES, SNES, Genesis and TurboGrafx games.

Spoonman1

Overtop Pathfinder
Strider77 said:
I'd be happily proven wrong if they aren't...

I would like to confirm it to you, and since I already own FF Battle archieves and AOF Anthology for PS2, I'm not downloading any of those and to be realistic I don't see myself downloading WH, but VC games aren't usually presented in "fake hi res" so I'm mostly positive that the Neo Geo games are no exception, I guess we need to wait for someone to confirm they are in their 240p glory.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
kernow said:
240p?

576i in pal surely?

I'm using the RGB scart lead as I've no room on my AV system for another component socket at present, but using the scart it upscales to 525i on my plasma.