Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I love seeing the Fatal Fury 1 Raiden/Dream Amusement Park background remade!

It's always a good sign when a game developer releases lots of material ahead of the launch of a game. It usually means they're confident in the product, or at the very least it makes them appear confident.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'd enjoy seeing "Art of Fatal Fury" where we can have a crossover of old Ryo, Robert, Yuri and the other AOF guys alongside the Fatal Fury crew, sorta Mark of the Wolves style which had older Terry in it (but here it's young FF and old AOF, given AOF1 is a decade before FF1)

Maybe even include older Takumaji and a young-ish Geese Howard.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

It's always a good sign when a game developer releases lots of material ahead of the launch of a game. It usually means they're confident in the product, or at the very least it makes them appear confident.
Did you notice that the bar background is Mac's Bar from AOF 1 as well - Bar Street Stars? And the lady in purple with short blond hair sitting at a table in the background looks very much like King.

Aside from Marco, we may see some more AOF love in the roster if this is any indication. I very much hope so. Would love to see the Kisaragi ninja's make an appearance.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I haven't bought a console in so long. What PS are we up to now? 5? As much as I'm interested in any Fatal Fury, it's hard to imagine once again buying a console for one game at this point in my life.
Living vicariously through a YouTube longplay is just as well.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

Demerits though for not having the Carl's Jr./Hardees knock off star sign.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I hope it doesn't have too much going on for it's own good gameplay wise. I know these days everyone is all about having tons of cancels, reversals, guard crush, combo modes etc. and as an old school guy it can be pretty overwhelming.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I hope it doesn't have too much going on for it's own good gameplay wise. I know these days everyone is all about having tons of cancels, reversals, guard crush, combo modes etc. and as an old school guy it can be pretty overwhelming.
I couldn't agree more, but I also think SNK can't help themselves unless it's a Samurai Shodown game.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
We will probably never see another game that looks like XIII again except for something maybe done by some tiny independent studio.

I legit never played XIII and completely forgot it existed. I found it on steam for $20 so I went and got it. Fun so far, but Im at work and only played for like 5 mins. Am I missing something or is this a KOF where Terry doesn't have his Power Dunk?

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
@HornheaDD
No I don't think he does in this one.
I haven't played it in a minute so I'm not 100%.
The game has a command list in the pause menu so you can check there.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Still seems convoluted to my aging gamer brain, but not as bad as KOF 15.

doaal

Marked Wolf
So it's a five-button game now, huh. I'll have to retrain all that muscle memory. Normally I love how SNK games have all this complexity behind four buttons, and I can rest each finger over each button at all times, unlike SF.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I already hate the sound of the control scheme. There's only two regular attack buttons and the strength is determined by distance? WTF? Are there not enough buttons on a PS5 controller?

On NGPC, the decision made sense and strength was determined by how long you pressed the button. Seems like an odd design choice.

Jon