Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Kazuki Dash said:
Other than using the UniBIOS, the only code I've seen is for Home Consoles:

- Defeat Chonrei
- Start a New Game
- At Character Select Screen, press B over Terry, Hon Fu, Mai Geese, Bob, Sokaku, Andy, Franco Bash, Joe, Mary

yeah thats the same code as for the neo cd version which i have, but when playing it on emu i dont get to save after the final battle so that code is pretty much useless on PC. ill try and see what i can do with the dipswitches.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
this Thread was due for a good bump...

been messing some more with Hon Fu and I'm really starting to have fun using him...some thoughts:

- his DM may not be visually impressive but it's fairly useful as it seems to have similar properties to Kim Kaphwan's Hououkyaku since he slides forward and can apparently suck characters into the DM...I snagged a jumping Terry before he landed and he ate every hit

- Hon's rolling attack is nice for moving quickly across the field to get distance and I noticed that tapping kick at the end of the move adds more hits

- I'm trying to implement his counter move (forward+kick from block stance) more, but I wish the move wasn't so close to his rolling attack, because if you're blocking low sometimes you'll get one and not the other

all in all, I think I've found a character I'm going to start using more in this and the Real Bout series now...
:)

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Bumping this thread with pertinent information.

Just received FF: BA1 and looking at the manual, it shows the super special moves!
W00t!

Terry:
:downb:+ :C: , :forw:+ :C: ,:hcb: (:C: :D: )
Andy:
:D: ,:down:+ :C: ,:qcb: :forw: +(:C: :D: )
Joe:
"Over a certain distance from the opponent (?)" :hcb: +(:C: :D: )

Mai:
Over a certain distance from the opponent, press down the :C: button during provocation while entering :forw: :downb: :forw: +(:B: :D: )

Mary:
:back: :down: :downb: +:C:

Bob: During a Dash :downb: :upf: +(:C: :D: )

Hong Fu (?):
Over a certain distance from an opponent when the countdown displays an odd number, :forw: :down: :downf: :back: +(:C: :D: )

Sokaku:
While receiving upper and mid-section damage, enter :hcb: + (:C: :D: )

More next post.

Last edited:

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Franco:
Near opponent, enter :D: ,:down: +:C: ,:qcb: :forw: +((:C: :D: ), :hcb: +:A: (Enter this command in order w/ the right timing)

Geese:
:down: +:C: , :C: , :qcb: :forw: +(:C: :D: )

Yamazaki:
When you land after a "Flying Retreat", enter :hcb: + (:C: :D: )

Chonshu:
Over certain distance from opponent, enter :qcf: :back: +(:C: :D: )

Chonrei:
Over certain distance from opponent, enter :hcb: + (:C: :D: )

There, now everything is verbatim with the manual.

Last edited:

Kazuki Dash

Awesome!

Does the manual state that you need a code to activate these Hidden Desperation Moves(like the old input code at the "GO!" screen from before) or are they available for use from the get go?

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Kazuki Dash said:
Awesome!

Does the manual state that you need a code to activate these Hidden Desperation Moves(like the old input code at the "GO!" screen from before) or are they available for use from the get go?

The manual gives the same old code for the HDMs, (:A: :B: :C: :D: ) then START at "GO".

Which will prove a little tricky, because I can see it bringing up the emu menu.
So better to be quick at the "Go", and not lag behind it.

Oh, and on Fatal Fury Special, the manual states Ryo is only playable in 2P mode.

Kazuki Dash

KagerouSama said:
The manual gives the same old code for the HDMs, (:A: :B: :C: :D: ) then START at "GO".

Which will prove a little tricky, because I can see it bringing up the emu menu.
So better to be quick at the "Go", and not lag behind it.
Heh, like old times...

Oh, and on Fatal Fury Special, the manual states Ryo is only playable in 2P mode.
:(

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Well, Kazuki,
Looks like it's just you an' me in this thread, buddy.

Anywho, I'm back into playing now.
Picked up Sokaku and things are going, well, miserably.

At this rate, I'll be doing well to get the Yamazaki ending.

My stumblings are Andy, Sokaku, and Terry. :(

Sokaku is slow and cumbersome to use.
At times, I'll catch Andy with the cane toss.
Others he'll do the shadow slicer around it. Or wait till I do a slow startup-and hit me with the quicksilver move of his.

Sokaku just plain outmaneuvers me. I'll improve.

Terry kicks me senseless every time.
He'll counter my cane toss with his power wave.
If I try to jump in he power dunks.
Yet to make it past Terry.

Can't pull off the :360: :D: move consistently yet. Tapping D doesn't always work like it's supposed to. But it's all part of the clunkiness of the game.
I can handle usually loosing to Geese, but Terry? This is frustrating.

This rate, I'll never make it to Chon Rei. But at least I'm having fun trying.

BTW, for the boss code to work, you don't have to play through to Chon Rei first on BA1. Just input the code at character select and there you go.

Kazuki Dash

Hm, as far as any advice I can offer:

Against Andy, I've found the Quicksway is your friend and a great way to counter lots of his jump-ins and distance/telegraphed attacks.

Against Sokaku, I've heard that use of plane switching for attack/evasion can be helpful if done correctly and not abused.

I may have to find some time to dust of my AES cart and warm up my Hon Fu again...

(Maybe if we're lucky Fran will notice the FF3 signal in the sky and visit?)

DIX

Astra Superstar
Against Sokaku, I've heard that use of plane switching for attack/evasion can be helpful if done correctly and not abused.

addition: using Terry with the strong bare knuckle at max distance, Sokaku will not block 90-100%

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Bumping this thread with pertinent information.

Just received FF: BA1 and looking at the manual, it shows the super special moves!
W00t!
Whoa...amazingly good move from SNK USA...seems like they are coming through more often these days. I'm glad this game is getting more attention here, too.

About Sokaku: bait him into doing the thing where he turns himself into a fireball. It has enough recovery time on it that if you block, you can unleash your best combination art on him before he recovers.

JLZ

Rugal's Thug
Does Mary have a command throw in this game? I played against her once (cpu) and she seemed to throw while in 'quick sway' (tap df), but I have never managed to repeat it myself.

Anyone?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Does Mary have a command throw in this game? I played against her once (cpu) and she seemed to throw while in 'quick sway' (tap df), but I have never managed to repeat it myself.

Anyone?
360+C during the quick sway. Hard to pull off, though.

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
hi guys!
i am looking for the code that enables turbo/speed mode. I read you had to hold start while picking your character but game has the same speed so i'm wondering if anyone ever managed to get this turbo/speed mode work.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I like the bump 'cause is FF3 and it deserves more love than it's given, other than that I know very little about this code your babbling on about.

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ive been playing through the ff games and I thought ff2 was super hard. Special was easier but ff 3 can be down right tricky. I remember always doing well but when I busted this cart out I kept getting my ass handed to me. Being drunk didnt help either. I always remember fighting chon shu( the red one ) and maybe fought chon rei (the blue one ) once. I got another ending ( probably the worst one after beating yamazaki, where terry just lokks around and then the game is over. The cpu is ridiculously cheap at the line change in this game and I found the combos hard to do. After beating it recently with terry( chonshu ending) I realised how effed up his ending is Why does he raise chonshu as his son???!!!! I thought it was a chick!! I moved on to realbout and found howmany improvements they made. but after reading this thread I think Ill go back and try some of this stuff.

a_bomb

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
Chon Shu is a male.
The kid Terry puts his baseball hat on during his ending isn't Chon Shu.

KagerouSama

15 Year Member
veggies.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Terry is a hero in the SNK universe, he's like optimus prime or captain america, everybody loves Terry.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Geese is like the good guy who got tired of being good to get things done and decided to take the bull by the horns, take over and run things his way.

Southtown fell once Geese went MIA.

Hey STK, how about you hook us up with the revealing Real Bout PSX port of pics of Geese staring at his past?

I'm sure it will be a shocker for a lot of folks and show the newcomers how incredibly amazing the SNK universe actually is.

Neo a_bomb

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
wow thats something weird. that ending was unfulfilling then since it didnt say squat about where the scrolls went. Maybe if I beat chon rei it will explain more. Or is the ending still the same? I thought geese used the scrolls later on down the line to be immortal. Is there some lit. on this somewhere?

a_bomb