Fatal Fury 3 Classic-Shock Insert *DONE*

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a copy of Fatal Fury 3 and could find an insert for it so I thought I would go at it once again. This is what I have so far. Feedback appreciated.

fatalfury3_1.jpg

Here's the original insert
FatalFury3-original.jpg

Last edited:

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
I like the way the screenshots are handled on the back, and it's a strong layout on the back.
The front looks kinky if you only look at it quickly, :D

I really like it, though! Nice work as usual.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
GoSpits said:
I like the way the screenshots are handled on the back, and it's a strong layout on the back.
The front looks kinky if you only look at it quickly, :D

I really like it, though! Nice work as usual.

lol, you dirty boy!
:shame:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Added original insert for comparison.

Looking at both inserts like this, I can understand why SNK decided to single Terry out from the art used.

I'll be moving my header below the Red Stripes on the back and italicizing it.

The front cover will stay with the more complete art though, kinda 1up's the AES with a more complete "story".
:make_fac:

Last edited:

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, your front definitely was/is an improvement over the original.

I think you used a ribbon design for the text "5 new fighters!" but I would change this to a standard block. It loses its impact at the end, and adds to a crowded centre.
Maybe italicize it as well and try it at the bottom where you have the slight gap?

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
GoSpits said:
Oh yeah, your front definitely was/is an improvement over the original.

I think you used a ribbon design for the text "5 new fighters!" but I would change this to a standard block. It loses its impact at the end, and adds to a crowded centre.
Maybe italicize it as well and try it at the bottom where you have the slight gap?

I'll play with it some more (the back) and see what I can come up with. For those wondering what the text says back there here it is (Its a bit more wordy than most inserts but I found a story and figured why the hell not! We don't have manuals so why not bust a little dvd-style on the back.

Code:
During a trip to Southtown to attend the inauguration of a new branch
of Pao Pao Cafe by former street fighter Richard Meyer, the lone wolves
(Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi & Mai Shiranui) are unwillingly caught in
the middle of a desperate search for the Shiranui Scrolls and the mysterious
fighters that are after them! The game features a new graphic style, two different
background planes to fight, a grade system that shows how well you perform in 
battle, lots of hidden moves & combos, as well as multiple endings based on your
performance. The answers shall only be uncovered by a long & fierce battle, are
you up to it?

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Awesome work as usual NeoC. I like the front better than the original design and of course the back is worlds better. Get this one to Big Bear's website ASAP :D!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Sundance

Sho's Rival
galfordo said:
Awesome work as usual NeoC. I like the front better than the original design and of course the back is worlds better. Get this one to Big Bear's website ASAP :D!

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Ditto... Totally Kickazz Neo. Keep it up! :cool:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Update:
Pretty sure its Final now.

fatalfury3f.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.
-NeoCverA

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
Good thinking adding the multiple endings line, and it's in a spot that doesn't detract from anything else.
Nice job on the rest of the back, but the "New Graphic Style" takes a bit away from not only one but two locations. I would either move it, if you want to keep it, but I would just discard it.

Everything else looks top-notch!

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
GoSpits said:
Good thinking adding the multiple endings line, and it's in a spot that doesn't detract from anything else.
Nice job on the rest of the back, but the "New Graphic Style" takes a bit away from not only one but two locations. I would either move it, if you want to keep it, but I would just discard it.

Everything else looks top-notch!

I hear you, its good to get away from your work for awhile then come back and take a look. I see what your saying with the "New Graphic Style" text. Ill be taking that out and keeping the rest as-is.

Thanks again.

Neon_Sonic

Setsuna's Owl Keeper
I love it. I don't really have any suggestions except maybe moving "5 New Fighters!" down right above the text on the bottom.

GoSpits

Benimaru's Hairdresser
20 Year Member
That is absolutely amazing, and perfect.
Upload it! Upload it now!
:D