Family abandoned me...riding out the hurricane alone in Va Beach :-(

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
The wife decided to take off to the aunt's house and avoid the hurricane drama.

I'm not so lucky...sometimes it sucks being "essiential personal" and stuck to the area...oh well.

Get to work till 23:30 tonight and drinking an ass ton of coffee in the process. Then the plan is to go home and drink some blueberry beer and jam out on the neo until the power goes out (hahaha blueberry....jam.....hahahahahaha). Shouldn't take long for that to happen, a light breeze puts my neighborhood in the dark.

But the big question is going to be what to play since I probably won't have power for a while. Got to make the choices count...

I'll post some updates and all...maybe it will get exciting later.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm actually curious what the damage will be like, if I was off for a few days I'd come down and ride it with you. Good luck, hombre

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Thanks. I'm worried about the neighbors tall ass, thin pine trees. I got a few dozen of these within falling distance of my house and a big ass oak in the front yard. If that comes down, someone is going to be hurting.

I'll have to bring the hard hat and steel toes home...

and I just noticed that I'm officially Amano's drinking buddy ranked...I'll have to savor that rank for a bit since he's just that bad ass...

I think I just figured out 2 of the games getting played tonight.

LB1 and 2 FTW!!!

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Get the fuck out of the area.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
Get yourself a couple hookers, couple kegs of beer and stay low to the ground. Good luck, brother.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I was here for Isabelle. Sucked balls. The plant had power so I had TV, hot showers, etc...
the house was out of power for a week or more, so it sucked going home.

I wish I could leave, but my job is vital to health and public service...can't abandon my post, etc, etc, etc...good loyal public service employee looking out for the welfare of the community...

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I was here for Isabelle. Sucked balls. The plant had power so I had TV, hot showers, etc...
the house was out of power for a week or more, so it sucked going home.

I wish I could leave, but my job is vital to health and public service...can't abandon my post, etc, etc, etc...good loyal public service employee looking out for the welfare of the community...

My work had power during Isabelle as well, but I was in the dark for almost a month at home. Pretty rough. I was in Newport News at the time. Area was hit very moderately. Not a big deal. The day of the storm was uneventful, but the enormous amount of downed trees and damage done to power infrastructure created a huge mess for us. I know VA Beach was in a similar situation.

My apartment was totally fucked back then because half of our complex came back online after a week, but the back half, where I was, went up and then immediately back down. The outage effected two buildings. Nobody gave a shit about us, we were just an outlier to be dealt with later. The neighbors were great though. Had BBQs, offers for places to crash if it got too hot, etc. All and all, it wasn't that bad, but yeah I expect this storm is going to be about the same. Uneventful storm, tons of cleanup after.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Been checking the path here on Long Island. It's going to go down to a Cat 1 by Saturday night. After looking at the radar and also a couple of sites that tracked Hurricane Gloria in 85' it looks almost the same. So we're packing everything in from outside and if it gets too bad we can hunker down in the basement. They haven't ordered anything for us to leave, but I'll keep checking. Hope you do alright.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
You sound like you're gonna have a blast.

I remember when Georges was threatening to hit back when I lived in Florida. My bro came down from Orlando since my mom was out of town. We went to the store and stocked up on chips, dip, and soda. We were prepared.

Stay safe and game on, mang.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Good time to plot drowning locals you hate. Blame it on the hurricane. Perfect alibi.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
You guys are funny.

Here Isabelle wasn't to bad as far as wind, what got us was all the rain in the weeks before she hit. Ground was saturated and trees were falling over like crazy.

Xian, was playing Windjammers last night till 4am after work...was having a blast.

Up untill the other night, all the games have been neglected almost all summer :-(

Think I'll get some more Magician Lord in also...

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Good luck.

Wonder if it will hit Alabama...I could really just a few weather days since classes start back on Monday.

Curt

apostate
I have a buddy in Virginia Beach, today he and his family got out of there. I think he said he was going to Richmond?

Hang in there man.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Here by the beach of Connecticut, we are expecting coastal flash floods but nothing like tsunamis or the sort. Thanks to Long Island softening the brunt of the force, there is no evacuation orders announced yet.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Flooding in the garage started...been Fighting that all morning. So far an ass ton of rain. No tornados hit around me thank god, there were a few that touched down in various parts of Va beach

WTF, the mailman just delivered some soggy ass mail. WTF is he doing out!!! Mail ain't critical shit...

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Stay save Topher, we are starting to get hit kinda hard here in Gloucester. And we also just got our mail...wtf!

aria

Former Moderator
Stay save Topher, we are starting to get hit kinda hard here in Gloucester. And we also just got our mail...wtf!

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds...

Yeah, I think the mail folk need at least a Category 4 to stop them from delivering the mail.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Thank god I've got a metric ass ton of tile from previous home owner. Had to use them to raise the games up off the ground about an 1"

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
PS - I weathered Hurricane Irene once.

*FROM THE FUTURE!!!*