False advertising or how to try to score $20m

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
False advertising KFC

Woman expects overflowing bucket of chicken for $20. Instead she doesn't get what's advertised on TV and sued KFC for $20 million.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I don't get where they get these absurd numbers to sue for? Will the woman ever get 20 million in her life? I think she should be sued for her greed. Eat the chicken and STFU.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I hope she gets slapped with KFCs attorney fees when she loses.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't get where they get these absurd numbers to sue for? Will the woman ever get 20 million in her life? I think she should be sued for her greed. Eat the chicken and STFU.

This often crosses my mind.

Man stubs toe, sues for 5 billion. What the fuck are they talking about

Then again I often wonder what the point of sentencing someone to 745 years in prison is but they do that kind of thing too.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
One of the lawyers can more specifically comment...

The general rule is to sue for a larger amount of money than you want because it can always get knocked down, but never moved back up. Certain awards and judgments will affect that number as well (Treble damages, etc.)

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
They should settle with her out of court,
As long as she promises to eat one overflowing, massive bucket of KFC chicken a day for 6 months, they'll pay her.
She'd be lucky to last a month before having a seizure or a stroke.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
What about that Erin Andrew bitch that got 55 Million because somoeone videotaped her through a peephole changing.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I hope she wins.

My bucket of extra crispy never looks like the adds.

I want an overflowing bucket of extra crispy too. :drool: / :D

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Yea, it totally sucks when you realize that if somebody took naked pics of you, nobody would give you $55 mil for them just 'cause you're a dude.

What about that Erin Andrew bitch that got 55 Million because somoeone videotaped her through a peephole changing.

Fuck, if anything, they'd prob. sue you for emotional distress and pain and suffering after they saw them. :lolz:

And your counsel would prob. laugh and tell you to just suck it up and settle. :crying:

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
The 20mil is to keep it from happening again - fine a business like KFC or similar 50K and the risk (of false advertising) doesn't outweigh the reward. Fine them 20 mil and it does. It's the principle. I'm not saying I want this woman to get 20 million dollars - but it wouldn't be a bad thing if KFC got rocked either. This is pretty bad ad. I think we all know that burgers in commercials are staged and it's nudging the "this isn't right" line, but this ad really does go overboard with misrepresentation and they should get called on it.

Spoiler:
1021-george-hamilton-kfc-4.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Keep Fooling Customers

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

OK OK... who brings a semi-automatic to a McDonalds?

xROTx

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I don't understand why people get so worked up over the plaintiff's desired judgement on a lawsuit.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
I was pissed the other day.
I got one of the smokehouse triple meat sandwiches at Arbyis.
Yeah the billboard sign of its like a foot and a half big.
When I got the sandwich itself I couldn't even see any of the meat , it was one little edge sliver of each of the animals.
The picture looks like a dagwood sandwich that you can't squish it to fit in your mouth.
It's an $8 meal too.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
One of the lawyers can more specifically comment...

The general rule is to sue for a larger amount of money than you want because it can always get knocked down, but never moved back up. Certain awards and judgments will affect that number as well (Treble damages, etc.)

Also I imagine if she sued KFC for $20 it wouldn't end up in the news.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,

If you're going to get on someone for suing, start with Hogan, not Andrews. Besides, Andrews probably won't see anywhere near that amount because the hotel can only be liable for so much.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I was pissed the other day.
I got one of the smokehouse triple meat sandwiches at Arbyis.
Yeah the billboard sign of its like a foot and a half big.
When I got the sandwich itself I couldn't even see any of the meat , it was one little edge sliver of each of the animals.
The picture looks like a dagwood sandwich that you can't squish it to fit in your mouth.
It's an $8 meal too.

There's only one or two days a week you should go to Arby's, and it's the 5 for $5.95 roast beef sandwiches days. And those curly fries, gatDAMN

On topic, when was the last time anyone here went to KFC? Shit's huge in China, like McDonald's huge. Only go for the popcorn chicken when hungover.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Can I sue KFC for not selling their shit in Finland?

I want some crispy stuff as well :(

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
My first job was at a KFC.

If you've ever seen how this food is prepared / handled you would never allow anyone you love to eat this "food".

The pot pies are recycled (left over from night before) chicken.

The potatos are powder and warm tap water.

The gravy is made from powder and left over shortening.

These are the things done by training and design. The other things that happen back there...you truly do not want to know.

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
And those curly fries, gatDAMN

Haven't really liked the fries for about 20 years now..since the Beavis & Butthead episode where they fried worms.
Have you tried the seasoned curly fires?
Ewwwwhhahaha drive through please.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I hope she gets slapped with KFCs attorney fees when she loses.

unfortunately, that's now how it works in the USA, and it's one of the main things that's broken with it.

Most other countries have it setup how you'd expect to minimize these frivolous lawsuits. You lose, you pay their legal fees.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
unfortunately, that's now how it works in the USA, and it's one of the main things that's broken with it.

Most other countries have it setup how you'd expect to minimize these frivolous lawsuits. You lose, you pay their legal fees.

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the USA, the plaintiff in a lawsuit deemed frivolous does pay the legal fees.