Falcoon has a really bad day.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I havent cared for SNK art since shin left.

That is.... until I saw the 2003 and ssv art.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
SouthtownKid said:
#1: Shinkiro was never mentioned. "C'mon, you know Hiroaki, Tonko, Shiroi Eiji, ore even Nona... that was art." One name is missing from that quote.

#3: by traditional standards, Nona is also a good artist. If you don't happen to like her, fine. It's a matter of taste.

Yeah right, I didn't mention Shinkirou in the first place. That was -of course- fully intentional. It's not I strictly don't like his work... it's just he's not my fav, and that's because he tends to be a little too much 'realistic' in his style. Since '99, he made a great step forward, actallly, and technically speaking, he's amazing. Yet I someway find his style is not the best one for videogames illustrations... sometimes I feel his character portrayts really looks like cosplayers making some chararcters rather than the characters themselves. Dunno if I managed to make myself clear.

Hiroaki is undoublty my all-around fav, together with Tonko. Garou's cover (Tonko) and KOF2001 cover (Hiroaki) speak by themselves.

As for Nona, I find his (her?) style it's GREAT. It's full of attitude. Always trying to get the real characterization point of the character into the art design. It's also technically STUNNING. Man, 2001 art is wicked! The detail level is IMPRESSING! And I swear to god, the character really reminds someway the sprite counterparts... I mean, Shinkirou's Kula was nothing like the her sprito. Nor Whip. You know what I mean.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Thinking about it, RotD had a nice artwork too... anyone knows the name of the artist?

I really dig that Alice (wowow Carrolian pun) and the other girl with a cat...

To bad their sprites were total ass though.