F Zero 99

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Well that’s not really what I meant.

I was referring to the long lost spontaneity and excitement of going to the store as a child and not knowing what to get…perusing the games…seeing something new that catches your eye…and taking it home and loving it.

Kind of like that but not as special because we’re all loser man-children now.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
No, I knew exactly what you meant. Everything you wrote I have known before, after, and forever.

They did it for a few reasons, the primary being to keep expectations low.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Anytime I feel angry or sad that GX came out 20 years ago and remains the last F-ZERO on a console, I remind myself that GX exists and I am glad.

We're so fortunate Nintendo absolutely knocked it out of the park with three incredible games - the original, X, and GX - that anything else is gravy.

Hell, we all know Nintendo doesn't have the talent to follow up GX. Maybe it's a blessing the most we see are backgrounds in a Smash Bros game.

I played the original just a few days ago and it still holds up. Thank you Nintendo, thanks for the memories.
iirc Wasn't GX developed by SEGA and not Nintendo?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I like Nintendo but can't they invent a new game instead of recycling everything that was great 30 years ago.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Looking at mobygames I can see almost everyone who worked on F-Zero GX had also worked on Super Monkey Ball.

I knew Sega codeveloped the game with Nintendo but had never cross referenced the credits. Today I learned It is purely a Sega game with minor Nintendo credits.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Pretty damn much sir. Sega at the time was the master of Arcade Gaming so F-Zero was a no brainer.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Looking at mobygames I can see almost everyone who worked on F-Zero GX had also worked on Super Monkey Ball.

I knew Sega codeveloped the game with Nintendo but had never cross referenced the credits. Today I learned It is purely a Sega game with minor Nintendo credits.
Thank god your father in law walked in on you naked in the shower, rather than cross referencing developer credits on vintage video games

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Thank god your father in law walked in on you naked in the shower, rather than cross referencing developer credits on vintage video games

Sage “somehow” found himself naked with this father-in-law

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Essentially Toshihiro Nagoshi was given control of the game at SEGA and he had to check in with Miyamoto every few weeks. Nagoshi was originally worried Miyamoto would be intrusive and/or he couldn't live up to Miyamoto's expectations, but Nagoshi said that Miyamoto pretty much accepted all of his ideas and just gave him broad guidelines to stay within. It's a Nagoshi racing game just like Virtua Racing and Daytona USA.