F Zero 99

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Nintendo retarded? Naah ya must be dreamin carnt.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Anytime I feel angry or sad that GX came out 20 years ago and remains the last F-ZERO on a console, I remind myself that GX exists and I am glad.

We're so fortunate Nintendo absolutely knocked it out of the park with three incredible games - the original, X, and GX - that anything else is gravy.

Hell, we all know Nintendo doesn't have the talent to follow up GX. Maybe it's a blessing the most we see are backgrounds in a Smash Bros game.

I played the original just a few days ago and it still holds up. Thank you Nintendo, thanks for the memories.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Maybe they could do a remaster of GX to build interest for a true sequel.

Toshihiro Nagoshi was the lead on GX (and also Daytona USA and Virtua Racing) and he recently left SEGA to form his own studio. Nintendo could reach out to him to follow up.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Interest has always been there. It's not about the interest.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Interest has always been there. It's not about the interest.
Of course it is. GX sold below expectations, GP Legend sold below expectations, and Climax never even made it out of Japan. The last game that sold up to expectations was Maximum Velocity in 2001. If the previous 3 games had sold like Mario Karts there'd have been an F-Zero on DS, Wii, Wii U, and Switch.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Anytime I feel angry or sad that GX came out 20 years ago and remains the last F-ZERO on a console, I remind myself that GX exists and I am glad.

We're so fortunate Nintendo absolutely knocked it out of the park with three incredible games - the original, X, and GX - that anything else is gravy.

Hell, we all know Nintendo doesn't have the talent to follow up GX. Maybe it's a blessing the most we see are backgrounds in a Smash Bros game.

I played the original just a few days ago and it still holds up. Thank you Nintendo, thanks for the memories.
Gameshark or hack download to turn gx to ax (arcade)

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
The MSU-1 Jazz Hack is IMHO the best version of F-Zero 1. Right up there with the MSU-1 Super Metroid hack.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Let the guys who made Fast Racing Neo make a new F-Zero, they obviously know what they're doing.
This 99 thing is also bullshit. Also my Switch is banned from online, so I can't play it anyway.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
accidentally trying to go online with a hacked switch

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
They don't have the talent? That's debatable. I mean if they don't, then who does? I suppose Mario Kart 8 is getting pretty old at this point, but if they could just approach that quality level, it could turn out pretty good.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
They don't have the talent? That's debatable. I mean if they don't, then who does? I suppose Mario Kart 8 is getting pretty old at this point, but if they could just approach that quality level, it could turn out pretty good.
Mario kart 8 is getting old at this point! Yeah porting a wii u game to switch classic new Nintendo. Hack of a company.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

That's cuz Sega made GX

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
For those that don't know, you can play F-Zero AX on your GameCube via patch:

or Game Shark:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I don’t care for this but I do think it’s cool how Nintendo will announce a game and be like oh btw it’s out now