Exiting the Tank in Metal Slug - A+B or A+D?

Which Button Command do You Prefer?

• Total voters

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I know this poll made sound stupid to some of you.

But sometimes when I'm in the tank, I'm doing a lot of jumping and shooting at the same time, then I accidentally press :A:+:B: and send the tank into self destruct mode.

I wish they had used :A:+:D: to exit the tank.

Anyone else find this annoying?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Yes, it's annoying as all hell.

The MS5 feature of sliding when you hold down the joystick + :B: makes shooting enemies beneath you a pain, too!

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Part of using the tank I guess.

Plus you could just use D alone

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
I don't mind it, in fact I prefer it. If you're doing jumping and shooting in the tank you just need to be a little more careful about not pressing them at the same time. Just tap B and then go back to mashing A until you need to jump again. I actually use the suicide mode fairly often in MS1 so that I can simply clear an area faster (one that has multiple tanks, otherwise I keep it.) I don't know about MS5, I played it once and hated it.

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Yes, it's annoying as all hell.

The MS5 feature of sliding when you hold down the joystick + :B: makes shooting enemies beneath you a pain, too!

It would make ducking and shooting them hard to (guys w/ shields, tanks you need to duck under their fire, terrible!)

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Yeah, that shit really gets old. I always do it on the MS2/X Stage 2 boss, since you have to constantly jump.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yea, been playing MS1 a lot lately and it happens enough to piss me off. Stage 2 boss in X/2 is also where it occurs most for me. Just have to pay closer attention to what I'm doing on that boss.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

That was the first thought that entered my head when I finished reading the first post.

I totally agree, the most annoying spots are bosses where you are RUNNING from the boss while shooting and you send the tank flying in the wrong direction. Fun stuff...:mad_2:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I just finished playing MS3..and twice I screwed the pooch and self destructed the tank on accident

although its Anthology on Wii, so its alot easier to do it

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor

Isn't that how 4 handled it?

After some serious play I never had any more accidents with a slug, but I HATE the slide in 5.

How could a slide have added so much to Mega Man, and yet destroy me so often in Metal Slug?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
by far the worst part of slug 1. maybe the only bad part of slug 1.

slugger_dan

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
that boss was the only part in the series where I was scared of accidentally suiciding my tank thing.

Just tap B and then go back to mashing A until you need to jump again.

yeah this works just fine, still not something you should have to think about. I only lost my vehicle on the mission 2 boss when I played in arcades the first one or two times, all those points just thrown away haha. suiciding would've been left better to A+D or hell just smack all buttons at the same time, how could you accidentally do that when you're playing normally.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I always set it to a+b+c+d when possible. Has to be deliberate then. After a lot of practice i dont have much trouble anymore but damn is it frustrating when it does happen.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
It was even more annoying when I didn't even know which sequence triggered a suicide and I would do it ALL THE TIME. Now that I know, it's just a bit less annoying, but annoying nonetheless.

I used to think it was :up: and a combination of buttons.

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
I used to blow up the slug at stage 2 boss on Slug 2 all the time by accident with shooting and lobbing bombs while jumping, etc. Got it down now, but it used to piss me off so bad because it would only take a few shots from the mach gun to finish off the boss afterwards.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
Yeah, that shit really gets old. I always do it on the MS2/X Stage 2 boss, since you have to constantly jump.

This was actually my first thought when viewing the thread. There is very seldom a time I beat that stage with my slug intact due to the fact that the frantic jumping and shooting almost always forces me to self destruct my slug in the first few moments of the fight.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Still using A+B here.

Can't change it on the MVS version anyway :)

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
4 & 5 use D. It should have been that way all along.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
They probably wanted to stick with a 3 button setup.

Not all cabs are wired for 4.

acg12xu

Trippin' Balls
that's where I always die. I bet I could top the score if that fucker didn't nuke me.

Am I the only one that thinks this boss is one of the easiest? This one rarely gives me trouble.

I agree D should have been used throughout the series. Playing 5 now, I think it's great. The slide move on the other hand is the new tank exit :angry: