EVO2K5 More Info

Repukken

n00b
Cool, you know where you guys gonna have this unofficial tourney? I wanna try to help out as well. Man, did you read that article? With Hori being there, I wonder if they're gonna bring any of their old stock with them so I can grab some dope ass wares!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
Repukken said:
Cool, you know where you guys gonna have this unofficial tourney?
With the exception of KOF, all of the unofficial tourneys are being held in the BYOC (bring-your-own-console) area. The EVO organizers originally planned to have an 8th official tournament, with the 8th game being put to a vote by registering attendees -- the first game with 100 paid votes would be selected. Unfortunately, none of the "voter" games came even close to that number of votes. KOF'02 came the closest, however. Since this situation left the organizers with an 8th set of monitors going unused, they offered the KOF community the opportunity to stage their own unofficial KOF tourney using the monitors originally intended for the "voter" tournament (meaning we wouldn't have to drag our own TVs down to Green Valley Ranch -- just our consoles and software). Therefore, I'm assuming the KOF'02 tourney will happen in the vicinity of the 7 official tourneys, rather than in the middle of the BYOC area. This is just a guess on my part -- we'll have to wait and see.

--Chris

Repukken

n00b
Cool Cool! I didn't know there was gonna be a BYOC area. But aight, I'll be there! Any of you gonna check out that anime and documentary at EVO?

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Bang the Machine? Yes.

SFGen? Hell no.

I'd rather be fucked up the ass by a horse.

Repukken

n00b
HAHAHAH! It can't be that bad!!! LOL Besides, you paid to watch it, might as well right? :tickled:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Repukken said:
HAHAHAH! It can't be that bad!!! LOL Besides, you paid to watch it, might as well right? :tickled:

true.

LAS VEGAS PEEPS/LA PEEPS WHO WILL BE THERE TOMMOROW.

Anyone want to get together at the GVR, get badges, then grab food or something?

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
taitai said:
Bang the Machine? Yes.

SFGen? Hell no.

I'd rather be fucked up the ass by a horse.
Are you entirely sure about that?

C'mon, man -- it might not suck completely, but even if it does, that's all the more reason to go with us to see it. When the Van Damme Street Fighter movie opened, 10 of us went -- me, to watch the film (which I already knew was going to be dogshit), and 9 others, to watch me watch the film (since they knew I knew I was going to hate it). We had an absolute blast -- the parents sitting in our vicinity were less than pleased, but what can you do. :D

Besides, if it does suck, wouldn't you rather see it fail in front of a whole theater of disappointed, disillusioned SRKers?
taitai said:
so, what's the pre-Evo plans?
I've already pre-reg'd online (I presume you have, too), but NeoTheranthrope needs to register on-site tomorrow evening. I was wondering about the 3 of us meeting up so you and I can get our badges, and NeoT can reg.

--Chris

Last edited:

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Dash no Chris said:

That's what I was referring to. Actually >_>

Dash no Chris said:
C'mon, man -- it might not suck completely, but even if it does, that's all the more reason to go with us to see it. When the Van Damme Street Fighter movie opened, 10 of us went -- me, to watch the film (which I already knew was going to be dogshit), and 9 others, to watch me watch the film (since they knew I knew I was going to hate it). We had an absolute blast -- the parents sitting in our vicinity were less than pleased, but what can you do. :D

Besides, if it does suck, wouldn't you rather see it fail in front of a whole theater of disappointed, disillusioned SRKers?

True enough, I'm just worried about forcing myself awake. I took the first day of evo off, and since I normally get off at 11AM and work not less than several miles from GVR, I'd just zoom on by after work(which would be weird, because then I'd have to explain why I have my HRAP, several tools, and a spare stick assembly with me to the security guards), the days after. I figure if I win enough to be required around before 11AM on saturday or sunday, I'll call in lazy.

Dash no Chris said:
I've already pre-reg'd online (I presume you have, too), but NeoTheranthrope needs to register on-site tomorrow evening. I was wondering about the 3 of us meeting up so you and I can get our badges, and NeoT can reg.

--Chris

Sounds solid. The prereg starts at 7, how about we show up there around 6 or 6:30 so we can have some idea of where to go to first before getting lost and wandering around?

Repukken

n00b
HAHAHA, watching SRKers being disappointed is good enough reason for me to stick around watch that anime. At least I know after watching a crappy anime, I'll be able to see Bang The Machine to make up for it. Win Win situation here fellas.

BTW any of you ever heard of headbanger audio headphones? I wanna see if its worth doing it, check it out below

http://www.vgonetwork.com/Article.aspx?id=268

See you all at EVO and at the KOF2k2 area! :lol:

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
im leavin SoCal about 8pm...god knows when ill actually get there...maybe i post up my phone number or something

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
For those forum members attending EVO, please look for me (and a few of the other locals) in the area of the KOF'02 unofficial tournament, and around the NEO games in the BYOC area. If you haven't seen me recently (or ever), I'm the guy in the white shirt in the center of this pic (taken about 2 years ago). I've still got the big hair, have lost about 50 lbs, and have my facial hair trimmed to resemble this guy -- Japanese disco artist, DANCE*MAN:
04.jpg

--Chris

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
I still have the photo of you showing off the blank tv.

God

what the fuck

Fuck this bullshit. SRK doesn't seem to be capable of running the shit on time. My "pool" was supposed to be at 2, then 3, then 4:30.

I didn't start my first pool until 4:20 or 30 or so. I just got out of my CvS2 pool which was at like, 10. I have work in the morning, so I'm not going to bother with the Super Turbo pool.

Fuck SRK, until they can otherwise demonstrate that the delays weren't avoidable, fuck'em. I was planning on being home at 6 or 7, looking at the schedule, but I just got home just NOW. Even if evo is in town next year, I'm not sure if I want to go, but competing is good though...

Last edited: