European shockboxes source?

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Is there a euro source for bigbears shockboxes? I'm a bit afraid ordering from Southtown will put a gazillion of shipping costs on top (considering the size of those things)

Waiwainl

n00b
The shipping cost is massive. It put me off at least.
The neomini boxes are very nice alternative though. Search this forum for the seller.

Stompp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The closest thing to shockboxes I've seen in Europe are the boxes from Game Trader in Germany: http://www.game-trader.de/index.php?a=10916

While they look great (imho) they're quite a bit larger than the shockboxes. On the other hand you'll be able to fit PGM carts, Cave's SH-3 PCB's etc in them too. And looks classy with the foam inlay. Not sure if they're gonna be much cheaper than shipping shockboxes directly from Southtown though :(

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Indeed, getting stuff from Southdown is already super expensive for me in Canada. But there's an option for euro neogeo gamers, there's a guy in Italy doing those really cool quality cardboard boxes called "miniboxes", there's a thread in the "everything else" sub-forums, a bunch of people (including me), just did a group purchase of his various boxes he has for sales. It's not very expensive, like 6-7$ a box

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
The closest thing to shockboxes I've seen in Europe are the boxes from Game Trader in Germany: http://www.game-trader.de/index.php?a=10916

While they look great (imho) they're quite a bit larger than the shockboxes. On the other hand you'll be able to fit PGM carts, Cave's SH-3 PCB's etc in them too. And looks classy with the foam inlay. Not sure if they're gonna be much cheaper than shipping shockboxes directly from Southtown though :(

EUR 10,- is a hefty price - I do like the foam inlay idea though - does someone know if the form factor of those is the same as with the "classic" shockboxes so inlays can be used?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Only person I've seen do this was Plasmapants, I think he had a full set and ordered all his shock boxes from south town in bulk. Even then, I think it was very expensive.

Why not try Windy Sleeves? They take up way less space and won't break the bank. Shock boxes are overrated.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm looking to get some MVS games soon and I can't decide the route to take. Shocks look cool but take a load of space up, I kind of like the Neominibox idea because MVS games originally came in cardboard boxes to begin with so it retains that 'arcade' feel to it.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Indeed, getting stuff from Southdown is already super expensive for me in Canada.

For sure! Shipping shockboxes to Canada is costly, I can't imagine shipping them to Europe. They do look amazing though. But from Europe, it likely makes more sense to go with neominiboxes instead.

Stompp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
EUR 10,- is a hefty price - I do like the foam inlay idea though - does someone know if the form factor of those is the same as with the "classic" shockboxes so inlays can be used?
Nope, these are way larger. The insert measures 288 x 412 mm so you'll either have to scale up the Shockbox inserts or make your own :(

I was playing with a few ideas for Type X2 and Naomi games when I was considering these...

normal_KOF-MIA-Cover-v1.jpg

normal_GGX-Big-Box-Cover.jpg

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
It is least expensive if you order something like a little over 35ish boxes (from southtown). Then it came down to 11 euros /box with shipping and custom fees. It is insanely expensive if you order less and not any cheaper if you order more as they will ship in separate boxes then and charge multiple shipping costs.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
It is least expensive if you order something like a little over 35ish boxes (from southtown). Then it came down to 11 euros /box with shipping and custom fees. It is insanely expensive if you order less and not any cheaper if you order more as they will ship in separate boxes then and charge multiple shipping costs.

Thanks for the very helpful info, can you just confirm whether the above figure includes also the insert printing and cutting cost or are we talking about just the bare boxes?