Euro 2008 - Germany - Spain Final in Vienna!!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Come on !

That is only suitable for junior sessions.

No big team has goalkeepers running as much as field players.

while you're entertaining yourself with the keeper's coach, they are training field positions, dribbling cones, sprinting all the time and doing lots of other stuff keepers are not.

There's no discussion possible about this. If not, they would be suited to play anywhere else in the field and could last 90 min long at full throttle.

BTW, congrats for reaching the final ;)

You take any player not trained for goal tending and you'll find yourself in disasterous territory against any decent opposition. Goalkeepers don't run as much, but they are the most fit, and undergo the hardest training.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
:multi_co::lolz::loco::multi_co:

We're in the final, baby!11!!!11ONEONEone

I had a much better feeling than last time against Portugal, somehow I knew that we'd make it.

My heart sank to the floor when Semih equalized the score in the 86th but then Lahm nailed the coffin shut only four minutes later with an amazing goal. Thank you Philipp!!:buttrock:

That ref was a dork, AGAIN. Sabri clearly fouled Lahm in the box but referee Massimo Busacca obviously had his eyes elsewhere. Damn man, this Euro was full of crap ref decisions, it's high time for UEFA and FIFA to have a word with their so-called "professional" refs.

Well, Turkey dominated the match during first half, it took a goal against Germany to wake them up but they were quite unprecise and nervous. I guess Löw and Ballack were a bit surprised by the Turkish offensive style at first, they thought that they'd play much more defensive but Turkey came up with an all-or-nothing football that kept our lads on their toes until the very end.

Charlie,

Lehmann didn't look good at first but this what you call his mistake was more a general defense mistake, positioning was wrong, they let the Turks come too close. I watched the replay from three different angles, Lehmann should've kept his legs closed (first goalie rule during "box melee", even though it sometimes is easier said than done). Communication between defence and goalie wasn't the best last night, they really have to work on that.

Atro,

as I mentioned before, I got trained by a pro-coach for three years and while I agree with you that a goalie does not have to practice cone dribbling, etc. during every training session (he does on occasion, though) and thus might not be as skilled as a midflielder, there is no doubt that he has the same - if not greater - stamina than every other team member.

I can only recommend you to watch a goalie training session, first you'll see him running and doing technical training like all other field players and then when the fielders are having a shower already, poor goalie will still be out there with his coach...

OKAY...

VIENNA CALLING, we're coming for that silvery pot guys!! :D

I want SPAIN!!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just like last time, Podolski, Lahm, Klose and Schweinsteiger (btw: his older brother Tobias played from 2004-2006 and again in 2007 for our local club) are making the game, haven't seen Ballack very often for some reason. Very nice goat in 89 minute.

Well, not a very pretty game overall, but we won, so who cares?:lolz:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You take any player not trained for goal tending and you'll find yourself in disasterous territory against any decent opposition. Goalkeepers don't run as much, but they are the most fit, and undergo the hardest training.

AAHAH! !!!

have you EVER played football in a club ? ;)

I did and my father was untill the military a GK in french 1ére Division team Toulouse.
I know what I'm saying.They have hard training, but it's GK specific.
And no, he couldn't run 90 min like any other field players at the same pace.
Not only him, but the other keepers too.

Regarding the final, I hope it does end in 90 minutes with intense match like the 30 min extra time between Holland and Russia ;)

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
AAHAH! !!!

have you EVER played football in a club ? ;)

I did and my father was untill the military a GK in french 1ére Division team Toulouse.
I know what I'm saying.They have hard training, but it's GK specific.
And no, he couldn't run 90 min like any other field players at the same pace.
Not only him, but the other keepers too.

Regarding the final, I hope it does end in 90 minutes with intense match like the 30 min extra time between Holland and Russia ;)

Are we arguing? It looks like we're agreeing, but I can't tell you tone. I don't play GK, but I do play CB.

And are you serious about your dad playing for Toulouse in Ligue 1?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Are we arguing? It looks like we're agreeing, but I can't tell you tone. I don't play GK, but I do play CB.

And are you serious about your dad playing for Toulouse in Ligue 1?

Yes, but national military obliged him to forget any professional carreer as it was 18 month service at that time.

Then he knew my mom and totally forgot everything football related... ( dumbass I may say )

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
15 minutes to go, Spain is two goals ahead, Russia doesn't look too good at the moment. Where's Arshavin?!

2point0

NEST Puppet
Either Arshavin looks sluggish or Spain is that much better than the Netherlands. Russia actually looked uninterested.

Spain has so much space near the Russian penalty box and the Spanish defense is tough. Has the Spanish defense been this good all tournament?

It will be interesting to see how the German defense responds to the Spanish attack. From what I've seen, the German defense has looked pretty bad.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Great showing by Spain. Russia really started looking exhausted and frustrated in the second half. It was a very different Russian side from the one that beat the Netherlands. Spain vs Germany will be a phenomenal final. Can't help but think that this will be Spain's tournament.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Russia deserved to a shit ton of yellows in the first half. Spain played a very clean and respectable match. They deserved it, 100%.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Wow, Spain won 0:3. Congrats for reaching the final guys!!

The Spaniards played high-precision football that was a real pleasure to watch, they're the clear favorite at the moment.

Will be tough for us come Sunday... but not impossible.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I didn't think Spain was going to blowout Russia like that, but now we have our setup for Sunday.

Yea or nay on Spain's yellow jerseys?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I didn't think Spain was going to blowout Russia like that, but now we have our setup for Sunday.

Yea or nay on Spain's yellow jerseys?

definite nay on the yellow. Both teams looked like something from the late '80s. Besides, you can't have the furia roja without the roja.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
Wasabi called it again. :lol:

Very good game by Spain, not so much by Russia... Where was Arshavin? :(

But overall it was a better game to watch than Germany vs. Turkey. I swear the swiss ref was blind...

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
definite nay on the yellow. Both teams looked like something from the late '80s. Besides, you can't have the furia roja without the roja.

I didn't really feel the yellow jerseys, either, and I think adidas could've went with white or black if they wanted to another uni for Spain. As for Russia's, I like the flag across the chest, but I would've preferred a solid outline around the flag as oppose to the white or red blending in w/the rest of the jersey.

What I want to know is when is Germany going to break out those red unis?

Hell....no.
watermarked_thumbnail.aspx

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I didn't really feel the yellow jerseys, either, and I think adidas could've went with white or black if they wanted to another uni for Spain. As for Russia's, I like the flag across the chest, but I would've preferred a solid outline around the flag as oppose to the white or red blending in w/the rest of the jersey.

What I want to know is when is Germany going to break out those red unis?

Hell....no.

did you ever wonder if Germany listened to you?

I mean, that they read your post and thought, holy shit, this guy has an idea!

And then they decided to let Turkey score first.

I have been thinking about this for a few days

because yeah, it's possible that Lehmann owns a neo geo, and he's friends with Ralph Karels.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
did you ever wonder if Germany listened to you?

I mean, that they read your post and thought, holy shit, this guy has an idea!

And then they decided to let Turkey score first.

I have been thinking about this for a few days

because yeah, it's possible that Lehmann owns a neo geo, and he's friends with Ralph Karels.

lol

would be cool if Lehmann was a Neo fan, I'd love to play a few rounds of Super Sidekicks 3/NGC'98 with him :D

Or make that Soccer Brawl, just not one of those awful new-style "football simulations" on PS2/3/Xbox/whatever.

Hey, of course we let Turkey score first, Germany needs pressure to unleash their full potential, you know!

Edit:

About the Spanish yellow shirts, they look awful IMO, dunno why they chose that silly mustard-style color. Aragones hates them too from what I've heard.

The German home dress (white shirts and black trousers, the colours of Prussia) are okay, I just don't like the fat black stripe with the DFB signet on the breast part, they should have made it smaller or left it out. The current away shirts are red with a black stripe, they look a bit like the Spanish home dress. In the old days we used to have green and white away dresses (the colours of a football field), I kinda liked them.

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I don't like Spain's away outfit.

Their regular is much cooler, but with the blue shorts.
That is the nicest outfit from them.

thumbs up.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
lol

would be cool if Lehmann was a Neo fan, I'd love to play a few rounds of Super Sidekicks 3/NGC'98 with him :D

Or make that Soccer Brawl, just not one of those awful new-style "football simulations" on PS2/3/Xbox/whatever.

Hey, of course we let Turkey score first, Germany needs pressure to unleash their full potential, you know!

Edit:

About the Spanish yellow shirts, they look awful IMO, dunno why they chose that silly mustard-style color. Aragones hates them too from what I've heard.

The German home dress (white shirts and black trousers, the colours of Prussia) are okay, I just don't like the fat black stripe with the DFB signet on the breast part, they should have made it smaller or left it out. The current away shirts are red with a black stripe, they look a bit like the Spanish home dress. In the old days we used to have green and white away dresses (the colours of a football field), I kinda liked them.

I'm not a big fan of the black censor bar across the german breasts either.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I want my europa meister shirt so Germany better win(don't tell the other dutchies:glee:)