English SSV Special classic insert

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
does look walmartish :(

the Japanese insert will look bad ass, just like the SS0 Japanese insert did

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Well if an MVS kit is released, I'll definately "borrow" the back but I will have to re-do the front.

If no MVS is released..........only God knows what I will do.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
The MVS cart wll filter down in due time.. I mean,I give SNKP credit for at least trying.. but as I believe LWK mentioned,Gaoh is a corny/uninspiring boss who should have been removed from this installment completely.
-BB

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Thank you SNK & thank you SHAWN!

:)

Thank you SNK/PLAYMORE/NEOGEO company.

Personally, I think that the insert looks great. Some will like it, some will not, it is impossible to please everyone all the time. But regardless of that, more importantly what makes this final release so special is the fact that you actually say so on the box!

Actual quote: "It's NEOGEO's final title..."

Find me ANY other home game system in history that has ever communicated like that to its user base? You won't. Because it does not exist. This is why the NEOGEO has always been and will always be so special and unique.

Keep in mind that SNK did the same thing (acknowledging & thanking us) back in 2000 with King of Fighter's 2000 when they rotated the display of the front of the box art SIDEWAYS! For those of you who may not know the history, this was to have been the END of the NEOGEO. But thanks to a handfull of individuals, key among them being Shawn, the NEOGEO rose out of it's ashes just like the Phoenix and came back to give us 4 more years of great software support.

What is going on here right now between this company and it's long-time supporting "customers" is unheard of. History is being made as this final release makes its way to our hands. We will look back several years from now on these next few weeks that are coming with great fondness and memories. Remember this moment and observe it right now as it is happening. Because once the moment passes, it will never be possible to feel it the same again.

On another note, it's great to see SSV Special reported on the insert as game code number 272. This was something that had me very concerned indeed. I just didn't relish the thought of having to add an additional "hole" to the list of missing product codes. So it would seem that 16 will forever be the total & final count for unreleased products. Unless, perhaps, SNK/PLAYMORE & NEO-GEO.COM can come to some kind of a final agreement/arrangement just at the end of the NEOGEO's legacy whereby providing us all with the much desperately needed answers to our most important questions, and perhaps even hopefully for us to complete the collection?
:help:

As SNK/PLAYMORE reads the final comments posted here on this forum over the next few weeks, may they give serious consideration to this humble request. This is all I can hope for, and for some of us, hope springs eternal.
:rolleyes:

I leave it up to them.
Make us happy.
Billy Pitt

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I didn't want to believe it, but after seeing, "Neo Geo's Final Game" on the back of it, I've had to take notice that the system is officially done

Too bad it took me so long to find out, but I'm glad I can call this place home when I need to get away sometimes.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
the roker said:
I didn't want to believe it, but after seeing, "Neo Geo's Final Game" on the back of it, I've had to take notice that the system is officially done

Too bad it took me so long to find out, but I'm glad I can call this place home when I need to get away sometimes.
Yeah, it's really hard to believe that this is the end of Neo-Geo games. And at the rate SNKP is going at with Atomiswave, it seems like we should've stayed on the Neo-Geo. However, if SNKP gets up and does amazing stuff with the Atomiswave...that I'd like to see. :)

Thanks for everything Neo-Geo, you're way too cool.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I dont really like the front.

Hopefully the JPN insert will look better as I am a JPN only kinda guy.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm glad Billy posted all this in the thread, because it saved me some time :)
Needless to say, I agree 100%.

I think the overall COOLEST thing about the insert is the fact that in PLAIN ENGLISH they say that it is the final Neo Geo title and the "Samurai Shodown battlefield of dreams!" I think it is a perfect way to go out and captures the trademark SNK game hype.

We neo fans have been SO lucky to have a community like this, and a few members who have cared enough to devote pretty much their lives (full-time) to bringing these awesome games to us. When the Neo is dead and gone we can enjoy these games and remember the amazing circumstances that brought them to us.

There will never be another home console like the NeoGeo.
There is no time like the present.
All of you should place your preorders NOW!!

SuperGun said:
:)

Thank you SNK/PLAYMORE/NEOGEO company.

Personally, I think that the insert looks great. Some will like it, some will not, it is impossible to please everyone all the time. But regardless of that, more importantly what makes this final release so special is the fact that you actually say so on the box!

Actual quote: "It's NEOGEO's final title..."

Find me ANY other home game system in history that has ever communicated like that to its user base? You won't. Because it does not exist. This is why the NEOGEO has always been and will always be so special and unique.

Keep in mind that SNK did the same thing (acknowledging & thanking us) back in 2000 with King of Fighter's 2000 when they rotated the display of the front of the box art SIDEWAYS! For those of you who may not know the history, this was to have been the END of the NEOGEO. But thanks to a handfull of individuals, key among them being Shawn, the NEOGEO rose out of it's ashes just like the Phoenix and came back to give us 4 more years of great software support.

What is going on here right now between this company and it's long-time supporting "customers" is unheard of. History is being made as this final release makes its way to our hands. We will look back several years from now on these next few weeks that are coming with great fondness and memories. Remember this moment and observe it right now as it is happening. Because once the moment passes, it will never be possible to feel it the same again.

Billy Pitt

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
It's not all that good that everybody is saying. Plain average, IMO. Too bad that SNKP took so long to hire a shockbox insert artist ;)

I'm not THAT fan of the classic style too. But I'm looking foward to see the JP version :buttrock:

PS: the back cover art would be a MUCH better cover, or even the art used in the PS2 SSV port.

Last edited:

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
CurtWRX said:
I reallly like it... and I think it was a classy move to leave the final AES release (by playmore atleast) "classic"

Very nice... I can't wait to play the damn thing!!!

Considering the 'classic inserts' release, it was already expected. What was a surprise for me is that SNKP didn't plan to release it with a 'normal' insert, just to sell the classic insert in a bundle, to earn some easy bucks. :glee:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Geddon_jt said:
I'm glad Billy posted all this in the thread, because it saved me some time :)
Needless to say, I agree 100%.

I think the overall COOLEST thing about the insert is the fact that in PLAIN ENGLISH they say that it is the final Neo Geo title and the "Samurai Shodown battlefield of dreams!" I think it is a perfect way to go out and captures the trademark SNK game hype.

We neo fans have been SO lucky to have a community like this, and a few members who have cared enough to devote pretty much their lives (full-time) to bringing these awesome games to us. When the Neo is dead and gone we can enjoy these games and remember the amazing circumstances that brought them to us.

There will never be another home console like the NeoGeo.
There is no time like the present.
All of you should place your preorders NOW!!

Very moving stuff indeed .... :crying:

I'll never sell my Neo ... damn it :buttrock: !

Mercedes

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well said, Billy Pitt and Geddon-jt. But both of you made me cry my eyes out!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I just hope JPN insert will use the illustration used in the BACK of the English insert. That piece of art is totally dramatic and cool! Is that Nona or who?