English Neo Geo CD Titles

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Modern games are shit. Vintage gaming is where it's at.

That's a very nice statement, but in its core, does it dwell from behavioralism, reactionist resentments or... just and exclusively sheer vintage quality? Will current "modern" gamers experience the same, when the next game generation arrives in form of, let's say, the often promised unbounded freedom of VR? I'm not sure myself, except that I'm sure of the answer's high ambiguous potential.

Jamie

NEST Puppet
I am just 2 away from a full English collection, just missing Crossed Swords and Cyberlip, however i've been buying games for the system since about 1997 so it's taken almost 20 years to get to this point. It's not easy, as 8man and kitkat have mentioned, the early games are really hard to come by. Ninja Combat to me was by far the most evasive, as i have only seen 1 for sale ever and i managed to get that one. I have seen a few copies of the my missing games over the years but just didn't buy them at that point.

There are some early games out there with English manuals but Japanese back covers and discs, i think this was because at one point you could buy the English manuals direct from SNK USA.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I'm not overly fond of having my eyes seared by bloom lighting and HD hyper-clarity, thanks.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...i've been buying games for the system since about 1997 so it's taken almost 20 years to get to this point.

That's the best way, if you have the ambition to add the word "full" next to your set.

There are some early games out there with English manuals but Japanese back covers and discs, i think this was because at one point you could buy the English manuals direct from SNK USA.

Another interesting information, thanks!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I'm not overly fond of having my eyes seared by bloom lighting and HD hyper-clarity, thanks.
ah yes, of course that is everything every modern game is about.
Have you heard of Hotline Miami?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
8man, sounds like you went to Games to Go in Richfield. I used to buy most of my Neo stuff there. It's a shame it seems like no one remembers it anymore.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Out of curiosity i've just checked my meagre NGCD collection, i've got 10 english neo cd's.
pulstar, viewpoint, alpha mission 2, top hunter, mutation nation, soccer brawl, baseball stars pro, puzzled, art of fighting and king of fighters 95.
Got spine's with viewpoint and baseball stars pro.
TBH i couldn't care less what language the case cover's and manuals are in as long as i got the games i like.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I only have the 5 cd games that came with my NGCD, what made me worry is that all of them have holes, you can see that it oxidized but somehow still works. So I'm not buying new games on CD, keep that in mind if you want to have it and keep in a cool and dry place.
Before being a collector I am a player, so I don't really mind in get copies to play. But when I can I get an original. The problem about people that uses it as an investment is that they force the price to rise and real gamers that loves play needs to be rich to get the nostalgic time, that is bad. I would prefer to pay less and play more.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
TBH i couldn't care less what language the case cover's and manuals are in as long as i got the games i like.

I agree with this. Who cares if the manual is in another language. As long as it's a game you like, your golden. Especially since most games anyway come with a short tutorial on how to play before you start.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I started out thinking I would pick up english cd titles only and quickly learned how hard to come by they were and most importantly how much cheaper it was to buy the JAP versions for the same exact game. I have a good ammount, maybe about 20 Eng. titles but due to prices and rarity and just not caring that much to always be hunting around, it will probably stay about there. If collecting for value I would not invest in video games unless you want to be one of those "I only collect sealed VGA game people". The value will only matter on how many else care and are willing to pay increasing prices. TBH a majority do not seem to care much about the neo cd and even less care about the titles being in english. But dont get me wrong, I love my CDZ and like to have the english titles if possible :)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
The English prices are pretty crazy, the only title I bought was Riding Heroes sealed for like $20. Presumably because nobody else wanted to buy that game. Viewpoint seems like a pretty common title to find in English.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Yep they are, Ive noticed alot of BIN's just seem to sit there stagnant. They dont sell or get marked down.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I genuinely didn't realise than english NGCD releases were worth that much more than they're japanese counterparts.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I genuinely didn't realise than english NGCD releases were worth that much more than they're japanese counterparts.

They are worth what someone will pay and in some cases no one is buying at the sellers inflated "english" pricing. Like I mentioned above there is enough instances where the asking price is quite high, and just not selling. How much more is it worth then?

Double Reppuken

NGFL Member., xROTx,
Very Rare:

Magician Lord - comes with ENG booklet & back insert, but Japanese CD
Ninja Combat - comes with ENG booklet & back insert, but Japanese CD (NOTE: never seen a spinecard)

I've never seen English back inserts for these, are you sure they exist?

Double Reppuken

NGFL Member., xROTx,
Anyone know if the Japan version CD games have the NG logo printed on jewel case front cover like the English games do?

Jamie

NEST Puppet
Thanks, yeah I actually contacted him on ebay a few weeks ago, he says no English back insert exists for Magician Lord. I didn't ask about Ninja Combat but probably the same deal.

FYI both Magician Lord and Ninja Combat has English back covers, here's my copies:

WP_20170304_19_05_32_Pro_zpshehlfom0.jpg

WP_20170304_19_06_19_Pro_zpsnz88rl3x.jpg

WP_20161119_19_07_23_Pro_zpshgd9nmjn.jpg

WP_20161119_19_07_31_Pro_zpszwou4pit.jpg

Jamie

NEST Puppet
The stickers on the back of Magician Lord are on the case not the cover :)