Energizer steals sounds from Metal Slug?

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
I guess no-one will know this one , but, the failed spell sound from ultima online is used in both Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars: Episode 3 (one for an animal snorting in LOR and I cant remember the exact points where they were in the other two films, but while in the cinema I was like , WTF!, and Ive seen all these films several times over).

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
*should have said "used in" , not "used in both". Sorry but it wont let me edit my last post.

FUUMA

Marked Wolf
Damn, how weird, I heard it too and thought the same thing, I'm surprised someone posted this.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Happens all the time on Japanese TV.

The other day I was watching something and they were using the menu selection sound from Samurai Shodown II.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Tung Fu ru said:
One of the sounds in Doom and Doom 2, I think it's the BFG sound, is used in a lot of other stuff.
It's DSBAREXP, the explosion of a barrel. Another one I've heard, though less frequently, is DSFIRXPL which is played when an imp's fireball explodes.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Suicide Circle uses the same "wind" sample as Hexen II.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
ZOMG This is probably the third or fourth geekiest thread on this site (outside tech-support).

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
the same metal slug sound was used recently in the trailer for the new movie Date Movie. when the girls breasts flip around to her back and a guy in a car screams.

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Bobak said:
This thread will not be complete without a (ahem) shout out to the Wilhelm Scream!

Last movie I heard it in was King Kong last weekend.

(has it actually ever been used in a video game? [EDIT: I guess in spiderman 2 DS]
Yeah I heard that in most of the Star Wars films. Its also in Batman Returns when batman throws a villan down a drain with explosives attached to them. Also the cartoon American Dad (from creater of Family Guy) after Stan has completed the CIA training course and his nemesis throws a grenade at someone over his shoulder.