Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
4 or 5 good songs.

Still not sure how this game works.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I was thinking about buying this... Not a fucking chance now.

Guess it's a bust for me all around... How many L'arc-en-Ciel songs are in Ossu Tatakae Ouendan? I hate that "group" with a passion.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Haha, that's enough for me. ;)

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
this whole list is terrible
(except for the cher, ashlee simpson, and madonna selections)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ouendan has songs Japanese men would be embarrassed to play with.
EBA has songs American men would be embarrassed to play with.

Maybe EBA will do better in Japan, because it Ouendan seems to be a bigger hit here.

:buttrock: @ Earth Wind and Fire

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Amano Jacu said:
1. Walkie Talkie Man - Steriogram
2. ABC - Jackson Five
3. Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
4. I Was Born to Love You - Queen
5. Rock This Town - Stray Cats
6. Highway Star - Deep Purple
7. Y.M.C.A. - Village People
8. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
9. Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
10. Material Girl - Madonna
11. La La - Ashlee Simpson
12. You're the Inspiration - Chicago
13. Survivor - Destiny's Child
14. Without a Fight - Hoobastank
15. Believe - Cher
16. Let's Dance - David Bowie
17. Jumpin Jack Flash - Rolling Stones
18. Makes No Difference - Sum 41
19. The Anthem - Good Charlotte

http://blog.wired.com/games/2006/10/exclusive_elite.html

I don't know any of that shit on the list except for Cher, David Bowie, Jackson 5, Madonna, and Village People... and the choices of the latter 2 are terrible :mad:

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Aaron D said:
I was thinking about buying this... Not a fucking chance now.

Guess it's a bust for me all around... How many L'arc-en-Ciel songs are in Ossu Tatakae Ouendan? I hate that "group" with a passion.

The last song "Ready, Steady, Go" is the only L'arc-en-Ciel song in the game. I actually like that song quite a bit.......

Anyway, the American song list blows, but I will still get the game anyway because I want to support alternative types of games. I am sure Nintendo is taking a big gamble on this, and is probably paying up the ass in royalities. I am sure the stories will be interesting though.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
LoneSage said:

Maybe EBA will do better in Japan, because it Ouendan seems to be a bigger hit here.

Excellent point. I showed my GF (who is Japanese) Ouendan, and she pretty much gave me the same reaction you all had when she saw the songs (most of them being very old). Also, she said "please don't ever let me (or anyone else) catch you singing 'Nerai no Uchi' as you will be forever be deemed a flaming homosexual......"

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
Indeed, I was going to make the same point (as in the songs in Ouendan are widely considered "cheese" over there!).

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
the song list fits the game pretty good.

it's supposed to be cheesy on purpose. that's kinda what the game is about. when my girlfriend was playing Ouendan with her japanese girlfriend they were singing the songs and talking about how cheesy they are. but it's still fun.

i gotta admit that i like some of the cheesy american songs that they put into the US version of beatmania too. me and my friends spent like an hour trying to beat "toxic" when we first got the game and it was a blast.

i'm gonna probably buy this game because the gameplay is really fun and addictive.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Eldios said:
The last song "Ready, Steady, Go" is the only L'arc-en-Ciel song in the game. I actually like that song quite a bit.......

Anyway, the American song list blows, but I will still get the game anyway because I want to support alternative types of games. I am sure Nintendo is taking a big gamble on this, and is probably paying up the ass in royalities. I am sure the stories will be interesting though.

Some of the people I hang out with are hardcore into J pop. Namely L'arc-en-Ciel. I'm not at all. It seems to me that they listen to two or three songs of theirs ad nauseum. Ready Steady Go is one of them.

I've grown to despise that excuse for a band. I fucking hate L'arc-en-Ciel. I feel bad, because I've watched people play OTO and it looks fun, but I just can't put myself in any situation where I would willingly listen to that awful noise.

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Aaron D said:
Some of the people I hang out with are hardcore into J pop. Namely L'arc-en-Ciel. I'm not at all. It seems to me that they listen to two or three songs of theirs ad nauseum. Ready Steady Go is one of them.

I've grown to despise that excuse for a band. I fucking hate L'arc-en-Ciel. I feel bad, because I've watched people play OTO and it looks fun, but I just can't put myself in any situation where I would willingly listen to that awful noise.

Well its not for everyone I suppose. I am not too much of a J-pop fan, but there are some bands I like. L'arc-en-Ciel is not one of my favorites by any means ( X Japan is much better), I just like that song for some reason.

Anyway, I am still pretty excited about this game and plan on picking it up. I am really interested to see what they are going to do with the last story (whether the keep it the same theme or change it totally).

BIG

sony fanboy
Eldios said:
Well its not for everyone I suppose. I am not too much of a J-pop fan, but there are some bands I like. L'arc-en-Ciel is not one of my favorites by any means ( X Japan is much better), I just like that song for some reason.

Anyway, I am still pretty excited about this game and plan on picking it up. I am really interested to see what they are going to do with the last story (whether the keep it the same theme or change it totally).

I'm under the impression that EBA will be a totally different game than OTO (storywise) ,judging from the screenshots and vids.

But then again,I could be wrong.

B-

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
BIG said:
I'm under the impression that EBA will be a totally different game than OTO (storywise) ,judging from the screenshots and vids.

But then again,I could be wrong.

B-

I knew it was different, but I was still wondering if they were going to do an end of the world type thing for the end like Ouendan. I guess not......

Lucent Beam

Armored Scrum Object
LoneSage said:

That's the feeling I get too.
"One Night Carnival" isn't exactly a raging hit right now in Japan, haha.

But EBA's songlist is undeniably annoying. Sk8r Boi in particular. That song needs to die a slow and quiet death.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
IGN just gave this game a 9.5. Pretty impressive even if you don't follow reviews.

I use to have the different Japanese version but I will be picking up the USA version when it comes out.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Nesagwa said:
4 or 5 good songs.

Still not sure how this game works.

once again

your taste in music astounds me

I was thinking like "0" songs

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I was at Costco today and it looks like they broke the street date on it, so there you go.

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
what an odd song list.

nothings really classic, or new. its just kinda forgettable songs.

tho i do like walkie talkie man.