Electronic Music Producers - Post Your Songs \ Videos

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
You may or may not want to listen to GOMZE - ->

The track is dedicated to Mike Huckaby, 1966 - 2020. Thanks for the music, Mike.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
New track:

Phogga

First track I used my new Novation BassStation II on that I won at a raffle, good stuff - - -

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Another one, this time it's a bit more laid-back, light up and listen to SOMADRONE ->

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Pretty cool stuff! I gave each one a listen to :)

Here's a few more from me as well:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Man, top stuff, really good.

Do you have a label contract or other affiliation? Just askin because I'm going to meet my label boss next week.

Great mixes... and Journey Through Sound is epic, soundtrack-esque, very nice. The piano sets in, I hear... ...noise and mechanical sounds! Excellent stuff.

You are the cleaner one of the Montgolfier brothers! :p

Meanwhile, in another part of the city (central abbatoir) - - : 1001

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I am on an Indie label called "Electronic Music Alliance". Although there is no contract and I'm free to release my music wherever I want.

Sounds cool btw! :)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
First of three tracks (2/3) of the miniseries Chernobyl 3828 -->

NINA (2000)

EDIT: Temporarily removed due to shitty mix, will be re-uploaded soon.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
That Masha track was pretty cool. Although the Nina track is not available anymore?...

Here's a few more new ones from me:

this one was part of a compilation album with a summer/guitar theme...

This next one is an electronic/rap collaboration:

This is my latest release:

and this final(most up-to-date) one is still unreleased. going to be part of some upcoming remix comp:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good stuff, Cylo. I really dig Summer Trax, nice atmo and great oldstyle breakbeats. Oldschool S.A.N. is cool as well, good old street style with a modern twist.

I've removed Nina for now because I wasn't happy with the mix, will upload a better version soon.

At the moment I'm busy building a live rig, there will be some gigs in the next few months and I don't wanna lug the heavy stuff around again so I bought a rack for the Korg Volcas and put in a Volca Mix (3+1 channel Volca mixer), a Monotribe, FM and Beats, as well as Teenage Engineering PO-12 that stands next to the rack and a Korg NTS-1 as bus fx unit.

I also added a Arturia Keystep which acts as a Sync slave on the end of the Volca sync chain. I would have preferred to use the Keystep as the clock/MIDI master but the Volca Mix has no sync in or any other ways to control it, it wants to be the master of the rig.

The thing is that I need more audio channels for the FM, Akai S-20 and Behringer TD-3, tried splicing them in with Y-cables but it doesn't work. I want to keep the rig as small, lo-fi and portable as possible so I thought about buying another Volca Mix which would prolly save the problem (and add more noise) but a new one costs €100 while you can get a compact mixer from, say, Behringer, Thomann's own brand t.mix or even Mackie with 4 or 5 channels for less than that. Then again, the Volca Mix provides clock sync and power for up to three compatible devices, like Volcas, Monologue, Monotribe, even the Korg Odyssey and that's a big plus because the less wall-warts you have to take to a gig the better.

Decisions, decisions...

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Okay, here's the first one of the Chernobyl series (1/3): Katya.

It has been made on my new liverig, the Volca Beats got replaced by a Volca Drums (awesome machine), I've also added my Akai S-20 sampler connected to a really dirty digital Yamaha REX50 multi-fx unit.

Guess I'm set for the next gig.

As of now, rig looks like this:

Korg Volca FM
Korg Volca Drums
2x Korg Volca Mix
Korg NTS-1
Korg Monotribe
Behringer TD-3
Akai S-20
Teenage Engineering PO-12
Arturia Keystep
Yamaha Rex50 Effector

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
And now for something completely different:

NADIR

A bit of Robosoul Ambient this time... I wanted to hear pretty choirs, went to YT, sampled some singing Russians and off we go -

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Enough of that harmonic stuffs, here comes MASCHINKAPUTT ->

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
There will be a new album out in short called Ephonica . . .

Meanwhile, here is the official video for Nava Zeta, a track I made in 1998:

Heh, the vid was made by an artist... I hope my label boss Oli didn't pay him any money, I've made tons of vids like that for my tracks and I could put together a vid like that in ten mins using Giphy.com animated gifs. Ah well. So.... HERE IT IS !!!11! (confettif, fanfare) -

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Good! I like your careful buildup, the drums setting in after over a minute, the claps after two... it's risky, but here it really works. The minimalistic chords of the main motif are quite catchy, have a nice reverb, too. Yet, it's those hinted melodies setting in after the 4th minute, which are a real hit! The feeling's a little Caribbean, with just the right amount of melancholy and vividness. An understated climax.

What I don't like is how you manipulate/change the scale of the main motif shortly after the second minute. It's too abrupt for this kind of a groovy track and doesn't fit your careful buildup I mentioned earlier. You destroy the flow, which may have been your intention, but the execution of this idea misses the point entirely in my opinion. I also wondered about this strange ending: suddenly the volume goes down, like someone answering to their neighbor's complaints about the music being too loud. Oh, and yeah, this amateurish video has nothing to do with your warm and playful track. Too bad.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Good! I like your careful buildup, the drums setting in after over a minute, the claps after two... it's risky, but here it really works. The minimalistic chords of the main motif are quite catchy, have a nice reverb, too. Yet, it's those hinted melodies setting in after the 4th minute, which are a real hit! The feeling's a little Caribbean, with just the right amount of melancholy and vividness. An understated climax.

What I don't like is how you manipulate/change the scale of the main motif shortly after the second minute. It's too abrupt for this kind of a groovy track and doesn't fit your careful buildup I mentioned earlier. You destroy the flow, which may have been your intention, but the execution of this idea misses the point entirely in my opinion. I also wondered about this strange ending: suddenly the volume goes down, like someone answering to their neighbor's complaints about the music being too loud. Oh, and yeah, this amateurish video has nothing to do with your warm and playful track. Too bad.

I made the track in 1995, then Oliver Kapp (my label boss and friend) chose it for the split EP Random Abstract that got released in 1998. I wasn't happy with the choice to be honest, back then I was into harder, darker stuff but Oli kept insisting and so it was added. The break you don't like is the secret revenge of my musical genes because they didn't like the sugarcoating. The fadeout was added by Oli, I rarely fade out my tracks but end them properly but it was too long for the EP so it had to be cut. I first heard the fadeout when the ready-made vinyl had been shipped to us so it was too late to do anything about it.

Oh, and the vid... well... "amateurish" is a nice way of putting it but there we are now. I don't really care, tho, my interest lies in music/acoustic art, not so much visuals.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Seems I have some catching up to do!... I've been pretty busy with tracks myself.

This release is more on the House side:

Here is a VIP/re-release of an old Techno track I made awhile ago:

This is a Tech House remix of one of my favorite Skyline Tigers tracks:

Here I re-worked my remix of the Halloween theme song (Acid Techno influence):

This track is a new Horror style Electronic track for Halloween:

Of course remasters of my Stranger Things remixes. The Acid stands out much more this time!

Here is a new Acid Techno 2-track release that I'm hoping will be a hit:

and most recently, I remixed a track called "Diablo" from an artist named "Primaudia Record":