Effing Ninja Masters!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Fired up Ninja Masters today for the first time in a long time. I always have known I really like the game, but man I forgot just how great it is. Definitely and under-rated gem on the console.

Karasu and Goemon are my absolute favorites.

My only gripes are that the characters are so small, and not very detailed, and the backgrounds are pretty hit or miss, but it sure makes up for the short comings with top notch game play.

For those of you who enjoy the game, who do you like to use?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kamui is my favorite, always satisfying throwing shitloads of kunai!

I also like Goemon. His cannonball gun is pretty strange weapon for a fighting game though.

By the way, I was super disappointed with the Neo CD version. The backgrounds are static, they took out all the animation! I would rather have missing frames in the character sprites than shit backgrounds.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This is an enigmatic classic, forgotten by the mainstream because of its allegedly inferior presentation & neglected by professionals due to its allegedly flat engine. Bollocks, but this is the spiel cult games are born from.

Since I saw the legendary intro for the first time, I immediately wanted to use Sarutobi Sasuke, like I do to this day. So, he's my favorite chara.

My only gripes are that the characters are so small, and not very detailed, ...

I'd argue, if they're not detailed, they're rather full of little deeds like the way they use, draw & put away their weapons, dash, jump back or breathe. The different clothes, head coverings etc. etc. It arguably suffers from the missing zoom feature, but that makes it even more original in my eyes within the NG fighters library.

Edit: BTW, it's Ninja Master's. See? It's full of details ;).

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Kamui is my favorite, always satisfying throwing shitloads of kunai!

I also like Goemon. His cannonball gun is pretty strange weapon for a fighting game though.

By the way, I was super disappointed with the Neo CD version. The backgrounds are static, they took out all the animation! I would rather have missing frames in the character sprites than shit backgrounds.

You sold me your MVS cart ten years ago iirc.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Since I saw the legendary intro

I forgot to mention the intro in my first post. Any intro that literally rains blood on someone gets my vote for best Neo intro, and one of the coolest intros of all time. Plus the music in the intro is sick.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Ill have to check it out, emulation is my only option for NM at the momento unfortunately.

Cg591

Rugal's Thug
Great game. Awesome intro. I love how dark the game is. ADK'S best for sure and in my top 3 fighters for the NG

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I don't get you people...underated? Inferior presentation? NM has always been a great game, maybe not well known but never underated...maybe I'm just out of touch, what's next? Kizuna? Breaker's Revenge? lol...

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I don't get you people...underated? Inferior presentation? NM has always been a great game, maybe not well known but never underated...maybe I'm just out of touch, what's next? Kizuna? Breaker's Revenge? lol...

Haha.

Remember the thread from a few months back where everyone was calling NM an underrated, forgotten SNES game on the Neo?

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I used to have this game for Neo Cd but I sold it back in 2007 I kind of regret selling it now, but anyway my favorite character is Ranmaru.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I'm pretty fond of this one myself but can only play via emulation at present as I rarely see the MVS version for sale in Europe. One guy on eBay wants £125 for his copy which I feel is too high, its defiantly on my list to pick up though and I agree the intro rocks!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Haha.

Remember the thread from a few months back where everyone was calling NM an underrated, forgotten SNES game on the Neo?

There is a heaping amount of ignorance in this thread and the previous one, some of the posts are outright disheartening...

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Iz ninja master twoo:

Spoiler:
Ok, well, this pic is mostly to show the 2 couches I got for our theater/gaming room as i've mentioned them a few times now:

BFErqoO.jpg

SsRezD5.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah the stretch is ok I guess but sometimes you're better off on legit mode...also those scanlines are weird or is that the camera, if it's one of them maister somethings...you need help with it...

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Naw, not a meister thingy. It's actually because it's straight composite video on that TV. ...because I don't have a meister, i'm guessing. It won't sync on this LCD w/component or s-video, so if i'm on this TV, it's composite only. I generally play MVS on an HD CRT behind those couches, but that is a stand up station only.

At Oliver - space is the issue - i'd love the couches to be wider, but we have baseboard heat on that half-wall on the right, so we lose 12" of otherwise useable space.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
NM is one of my favorites. I pop it in every now and then, I like the ease of combo since I am not a master of any fighting game. The whole game oozes atmosphere with the sound effects, music, and background. I am thinking of getting the ADK collection for PS2 so my AES cart can just look pretty.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
so what? You wanna get a port (nothing wrong with ports) to shelf queen your last blade...you're a collecturd to me...

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
so what? You wanna get a port (nothing wrong with ports) to shelf queen your last blade...you're a collecturd to me...

You mean Ninja Master's. I don't collect, only keeping what I have. Since these games have shot up to ridiculous levels, I would like to keep my games in good condition. At some point, I will have to sell. We don't live forever.

I understand the scene has changed a lot and these "collecturds" buy up games, put them up on instagram or youtube. I never did that and frankly too old to give a crap. If I am such a collecturd, I wouldn't have sold US AES Stakes Winner to bulletnyourass.

Last edited: