Ebay Neo Geo AES Hunting

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Okay guys, I started looking again recently for Neo Geo AES games on ebay. I noticed that Oldneostore from Spain makes pretty nice looking conversions. Which really makes me mad because he is not only doing it to Metal Slug 3 and 4. But even common games like Sengoku 2. I do not want to even buy any of those Metal Slug games because I am afraid of getting a conversion. Here is a link for the one he did for Rage of the Dragons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAGE-OF-THE...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Are you asking how to ensure you're buying legit carts? The slugs are always counterfeited due to demand and popularity.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Welcome to the current state of the homecart scene, it's completely gone to shit. I suggest finding an alternate way to play games such as the slugs, ninja masters, pulstar etc. It is just not worth the risk any longer.

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hey ggallegos1,
I have known for some time Metal Slug 1 and 2 were counterfeited. But it is kind of news to me that the cheapest Metal Slug 4 is being counterfeited as well. I think it was maybe about a year ago that I was about to purchase Slug 4 and it never happened. I do not remember that game being converted at the time. For some reason I thought that large meg carts could not be converted using EEPROMS. I wanted Prehistoric Isle 2 as an EEPROM AES cart but it could not be done without sacrificing an MVS cart, so I passed.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Hey ggallegos1,
I have known for some time Metal Slug 1 and 2 were counterfeited. But it is kind of news to me that the cheapest Metal Slug 4 is being counterfeited as well. I think it was maybe about a year ago that I was about to purchase Slug 4 and it never happened. I do not remember that game being converted at the time. For some reason I thought that large meg carts could not be converted using EEPROMS. I wanted Prehistoric Isle 2 as an EEPROM AES cart but it could not be done without sacrificing an MVS cart, so I passed.

Yeah man, damn near everything is being counterfeited these days. PI2, Shock troopers, and a few others are going to be conversions, that's the nature of the beast.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
he does make some nice conversions. would have never know so many top dollar games are being converted.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
At least this bootlegger is easy to identify. If you see a toadstool figure in the pic, it's bootleg.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Dafuq "Does not ship to Spain", he is in Barcelona but doesn't ship here?

Easier to pay him a visit when in the same country let alone in the same city.So he probably does not want his address revealed to locals.
Many are pissed with the number of conversions that ruin the hobby...

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
wow, now even Sengoku 2 gets converted/bootlegged...
(the original Japanese version itself is not common, but not even that hard to come by)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
You can't buy shit for the neo anymore unless it's a) cheap and super common or b) you know who your buying it from and they are trusted. The safe bet is to assume anything on eBay that is expensive, and the seller doesn't have a track record on here that's been a longstanding good dude/dudette, there's a good chance it's a conversion

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
Okay guys, I started looking again recently for Neo Geo AES games on ebay. I noticed that Oldneostore from Spain makes pretty nice looking conversions. Which really makes me mad because he is not only doing it to Metal Slug 3 and 4. But even common games like Sengoku 2. I do not want to even buy any of those Metal Slug games because I am afraid of getting a conversion. Here is a link for the one he did for Rage of the Dragons.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RAGE-OF-THE...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

@OP i bought my copy of Ironcald from him, yes he makes conversion but not the best ones. You can see that at the yellow sticker in person that his games are not original, they are quite cheap. I advice you buy some common game like kof 98/97 first to know how an original still looks like with this sticker.

Dafuq "Does not ship to Spain", he is in Barcelona but doesn't ship here?

Barcelona is in catelonia maybe he doesnt consider you in the same country lol?

Last edited:

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Easier to pay him a visit when in the same country let alone in the same city.So he probably does not want his address revealed to locals.
Many are pissed with the number of conversions that ruin the hobby...

His address is right there in the auction:

FERNANDO GARRIDO
VIA BARCINO, 75 - 2N 2A
08033 BARCELONA, Cataluña
España

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

Why do you want games like Metal Slug or Sengoku on AES? To play them or collect them? If it's just to play them, you might be better off getting an MVS->AES converter, and getting the games as MVS carts. That way you can also use them on a consolized MVS (or a cab), if you eventually get on of those too.

Last edited: