Easy Jobs

Segata_Sanshiro

Tesse's Maintainence Man
15 Year Member
I'm trying to work, like, 25 hours a week

If I can make $10/hr I'll have enough to live comfortably.

Deliver pizza perhaps? Or wait motherfuckin' tables. They always want experience with those restauranty jobs, which makes one wonder how you get into that in the first place

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Why? What's the story?

How can you live on $250 a week?

Did you win the lottery?

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I delivered pizza in college. Averaged $12-$14 with tips, but that's working from 5pm-12am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday which kind of puts a damper on the social life. It's a pretty degrading, but easy money and easy work.

Why? What's the story?

Did you win the lottery?

there are plenty of places in the US that you can live fine on $1000 per month,

Last edited:

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Why? What's the story?

Did you win the lottery?

With how blah he's been about everything, my bet is he finally snapped, killed his family and got the insurance windfall.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

Deliver pizza perhaps? Or wait motherfuckin' tables. They always want experience with those restauranty jobs, which makes one wonder how you get into that in the first place

I heard being a teacher is pretty easy. You might make a little more than you're looking for, but you can probably talk them down.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i waited college through high school and college. the money was great- but the money is fri and sat night. get a job at a family place- dont need experience for that. then work your way to a better place.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
No, I'm just wondering why he would be shooting for 20 hours a week, and not something blah bla bl

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
No, I'm just wondering why he would be shooting for 20 hours a week, and not something blah bla bl

Same reason a lot of people only want that.

Prolly needs that for spending money, and the rest is government assistance. Anything over that 20 hours would put him OVER the bracket of being eligible for "assistance" in reduced income living (and some places are like Luxury Resorts now and not the shit holes I used to walk the point on doing Security work). Saw this shit abused constantly in the places I did work. It might not be that at all, and I apologize to him for that if that's not the case, but that's what it sounds like here.

aria

Former Moderator

NG-Official-Tired-Account.jpg

SSS

neo retired
this is possible in virginia.

This is true, I've visited a few of these locations. One in particular was amusing for the fact that if you were a lucky kid, your first car would be a beat to shit golf cart and your stereo was an old tape deck strapped down to the back.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
You want a "slacker job": Wait tables, pizza delivery, fast food, any retail job, look on Craigslist - they have other weird jobs like artist's model.
Many of the retail places are hiring right now for seasonal (Christmas) work too, so you might able to get in there; I've applied to Target with no luck, Gamestop, Menards, and I'm waiting on a callback after an interview from Costco.

You can also try surveys like here where I've made $200 in about a year: (Shameless plug, let mods take it down if that's not kosher)
http://OpinionOutpost.com/join/8480988

Spoiler:
Thanks DanAdamKOF

Be warned with the surveys - you have to give out personal info and you'll be email spammed. If you're not comfortable with that, don't do it. You also may answer a shitton of questions before they pick you. And you have to be right Johnny on the spot with checking your email first thing in the morning, or the survey will be full.. Some of them feel like a grind, some are fun, where you answer stuff about videogames.

Last edited:

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
just be a host at a restaurant. all you have to do is welcome people and seat them, then at the end of the day the tips get split up with the cooks/waiters/host.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
just be a host at a restaurant. all you have to do is welcome people and seat them, then at the end of the day the tips get split up with the cooks/waiters/host.

Depends on the restaurant. Some hosting positions are the hardest position. I've worked at a few places and only 1 was a stand a greet, tip share sucked because the waiters always got stiffed because of their attitude and the GM didn't care since he was boning some of them.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
ohh the D8ma that goes on at a restaurant.

The only job I'll work is as dishwasher... Everything else is nothing but headaches.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Easy and pays better than that: Help desk. If you're in an area that has a lot of call centers for various companies, you can score one of these jobs easy. Tampa, for instance, is huge for travel and hotel reservations. A lot of kids in high school or early college will cut their teeth chatting with people on the phone taking reservations. I have no idea what it pays today, but in 1996/1997 I had friends doing help desk and reservation work and making anywhere for $10-15 an hour. Pretty good pay for the time.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Replying to GregN: Opinion Outpost doesn't spam your inbox with actual "spam", if you're getting actual spam-spam it's not coming from them, if you mean they're sending lots of messages you can disable email notifications (though you risk missing out on a lot more), also I've never gotten extra mail or phone calls as a result of doing surveys through them. I've made around $500 from them in a few years. I'm signed up on around 10 survey sites and they really don't bring in that much (I've stopped doing them a lot once I got a job, including the one below), but they can add up to around perhaps $50 extra a month if you put time into them. Actually I did have a private focus group I was doing online that was bringing in around $200 a month at times so sometimes you get lucky. With the job below you make a lot more money for your time and you can do it as mindlessly as surveys, when I was doing it I would only do surveys when there was no more work temporarily.

I posted this on another forum, I used to do a work-from-home job online doing data entry for Google, it pays $13.50 these days (they dropped the pay for new employees a few months after I joined so that's why it says a higher amount below). I quit doing it after I got a real job, but it paid the bills. One thing to understand is that no work is guaranteed, you basically take tasks from a pool of jobs that gets replenished throughout the day.

Anyway it's mindless once you get the hang of it and you can totally do it while watching TV or something. I said "undivided attention" in my post below, but it doesn't really have to be once you get good enough to not let distractions keep you from working.

Spoiler:

DanAdamKOF said:
Lionbridge Internet Assessors - Click Here

What do you do? You do work for Google helping them to improve their search engine. You're given a set of search engine queries, and results, and you're to rate how relevant the results are to the query. THIS IS SERIOUS WORK, you should devote your undivided attention to do these ratings, and do them well, and do them quickly. There's a maximum of 20 hours of work per week. You keep your time on a timesheet on their website, it's pretty formal really.

What can I expect? I signed up for this, and finally heard back about being a possible hiree after a month. But I did bug them right before that time, maybe they are actually really slow. You eventually take this test based on their 120ish page company manual, with 40 multiple choice questions, and then 150 practice ratings (DO NOT leave this til the last minute!). I was told I was hired only a few days after that test. The part you're all waiting for: They're paying me $14.50 per hour. I assume you'll be paid the same. For the money, they're paying me by Direct Deposit, but I think you can get paid in checks. Oh, and they took about a month to pay me for my work, but I think if you do 30 or more hours per month, they pay you a little sooner in the month.

Who can do it? Dunno about age requirements. Check here for countries that are eligible:
# United States (English)
# Argentina (Spanish)
# Azerbaijan (Azerbaijani)
# Belgium (Dutch)
# Belgium (French)
# Brazil (Portuguese)
# Chile (Spanish)
# China (Chinese Simplified)
# Colombia (Spanish)
# Denmark (Danish)
# Ecuador (Spanish)
# Estonia (Estonian)
# Ethiopia (Amharic)
# Faro Islands (Faroese)
# France (French)
# Germany (German)
# Hong Kong (Chinese Traditional)
# Hong Kong (English)
# Hungary (Hungarian)
# India (Hindi)
# India (Marathi)
# India (Telugu)
# Italy (Italian)
# Japan (Japanese)
# Kazakhstan (Kazakh)
# Korea (Korean)
# Malta (Maltese)
# Mexico (Spanish)

# Mongolia (Mongolian)
# Morocco (Arabic)
# Morocco (French)
# Nigeria (English)
# Norway (Norwegian)
# Peru (Quechan)
# Peru (Spanish)
# Philippines (Tagalog)
# Poland (Polish)
# Russia (Russian)
# Russia (Tatar)
# Slovakia (Slovak)
# South Africa (Afrikaans)
# South Africa (English)
# South Africa (Zulu)
# Spain (Basque)
# Spain (Galician)
# Spain (Spanish)
# Switzerland (German)
# Taiwan (Chinese Traditional)
# Thailand (Thai)
# The Netherlands (Dutch)
# Turkey (Turkish)
# United Arab Emirates (Arabic)
# United Kingdom (English)
# United States (Chinese Simplified)
# Venezuela (Spanish)
# Wales (Welsh)

Also you could do valet, it's not really that easy but it's flexible. If you like cars you'd like it. I did.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
restaurants are some of the easiest money you can make. you can pretty much make your own hours and based on personality make more or less waiting tables. i've been working in restaurants since i was 16. and save for the year i wanted to be a mechanic, or the 6 months i worked as an A/C repairman, or the 2 weeks i spent in an office. its the most satisfying thing i've done. i've now got years of management experience and finally got a job here in ireland just last week in a management role. took me a while to get one here as they have a different system. but now i can finally start stacking that cheese again. i went to chef school, i've been a chef, waiter, cashier, host, and manager. and someday i'll prolly have my own restaurant. i enjoy the industry and the work. lot of people hate it, or only do it while they're in school. but some of us stick with it.

and its not a bad way to get a good job that pays well after a few years of being there. but for 20 hours a week, you can wait tables on friday, saturday, and sunday and make the money you need at pretty much any place.