DUX- impressions?

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone here played DUX? Is it good? I have heard alot of negatives but without any really good reasons. How does the music sound? I might get the OST and skip the game itself.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
It's 2009, do we really need more R-Type clones? I'm passing on this one.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
It's really bad.

Damn shame too

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
...and I was just about to install VMWare so I could burn this thing. Glad I saw this thread.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
...and I was just about to install VMWare so I could burn this thing. Glad I saw this thread.

You might want to hold off until the rev 3.1 version with sparkly bullets.

Spazmonkey

Another Striker
We'll see, I pre-ordered it a looong time ago, so hopefully it will be good.

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
Got it. I think it looks nice and there is definitely fun to be had with it. Even though I hate checkpoint shooters, I've enjoyed what little time I've spent with it. Heck it's nice to have the dreamcast up and running. Nice euro-trance soundtrack too.

But serious shmupers will be dissapointed. For those who haven't been following the drama filled thread over at shmups, the long and the short of it is that a member found an way to easily counter stop the game...in the first stage... the first day he played it. :spock:
Oh, and they also ditched these previously promised features in the 11th hour:
3 loops
adjustable difficulty
configurable controls (really?!?!)

IMHO, it's worth playing but don't get your hopes up.

If you do decide to get it, they have just released a patched version with some fixes (namely the stage 1 counter stop) which if you are just ordering you will probably get. If you pre-ordered you will be able to request one at some point in the near future for free, or so they claim.

Last edited:

arfink

Crossed Swords Squire
Well, thanks for the input guys. I can appreciate this as an indie game, so I would actually expect the most hardcore to find it lacking. I am not hardcore. Still, the OST might well be worth my time, it sounds quite nice. Though I may just stick to some of my fave net labels to get trance...

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
Well, thanks for the input guys. I can appreciate this as an indie game, so I would actually expect the most hardcore to find it lacking. I am not hardcore.

Translation:
Well, thanks for the input guys. I can appreciate this as a bad game, so I would actually expect experienced players to find it unplayable. I am not good at video games.

All these labels like "indie" and "hardcore" are ruining (have ruined?) the way we talk about video games.

Twinkle Star

Benimaru's Hairdresser
This game was actually just fine IMHO..I've already played this game on my Dreamcast.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It can't be that bad! Jesus man, I guess I'll just have to find out on my own.