Dumb Questions about AES

My AES is comming in the mail in a few days, so I have a few questions. Will an AES play a small meg game (i.e. 50 megs) and a large meg game (i.e. 500 megs) at the same efficenicy, or do I need to get some kind of upgrade for it? And AESs don't have regional codes like other consols do, right?

mvsplayer

Cheng's Errand Boy
your beautiful machine will play all aes games with equal fruitfullness!!!

it also will play the games in jp if its a jp console or in us. if its a us console.
<-------look to your left here.
the FAQs, read them, its a true blessing.
:buttrock:

you can get it modded with a debug chip , svideo or composite and you can also upgrade the sound .
use the search command for that.

tis is all.

Last edited:

Seige

n00b
mvsplayer said:
you can get it modded with a debug chip , svideo or composite and you can also upgrade the sound .
use the search command for that.

Highly Recommended :buttrock:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
jakesteve17 said:
My AES is comming in the mail in a few days, so I have a few questions. Will an AES play a small meg game (i.e. 50 megs) and a large meg game (i.e. 500 megs) at the same efficenicy, or do I need to get some kind of upgrade for it? And AESs don't have regional codes like other consols do, right?

If you've got the cash, send it to either JMKurtz or Kenny Boy and get the following modifications:

S-video
composite video
stereo

Uni-bios 2.0 (much better than the debug, IMO)

Also, I think that component video is now an option, so you might want to look into that. But I haven't really seen an instance where it offers a substantial improvement, so I can't fully recommend it.

RGB is the best way to go, of course, but it's kind of a hassle since US TV's don't support it. Plus, to get an optimal RGB signal, I think you need to do a mod where S-vid and other outputs are disabled.

OlderGames

Hardened Shock Trooper
15 Year Member
galfordo said:
Uni-bios 2.0 (much better than the debug, IMO)

Damn straight! Hell I even love the little "extras" it comes with
like the jukebox... gotta luv it! :D

Razooooooooooooooolllllllllaaaaaaaaaa for prez! :make_fac:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
OlderGames said:
Damn straight! Hell I even love the little "extras" it comes with
like the jukebox... gotta luv it!

I also <3 teh jukebox - one of my favorite features of the uni-bios actually. Some of those tunes I can just listen to over and over again ... :drool:

The music has always been a close second (first is gameplay) as the best thing about SNK games.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
RGB is the ONLY way.

It's not even worthy to play with any other video connection. It simply isn't acrace quality.