Duke Nukem Forever...the 2001 version?!

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I actually didn't hate the DNF we got. Of course, I paid 10 bucks for it used. If I had been waiting for several years and then paid full price I might feel differently, but I picked it up way later and thought, "that was aight"

same.

I refused to pay full price. Walked into a GameStop randomly one day and saw that it was 10 bucks and decided to give it a go.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
same.

I refused to pay full price. Walked into a GameStop randomly one day and saw that it was 10 bucks and decided to give it a go.
same. I got it dirt cheap...was still bummed out

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
the problem is "graphics" evolve much quicker than game development...so if you keep changing engines for the next shiny new thing you'll never finish a game...ala DNF
In racing DNF stands for Did Not Finish, meaning the car broke or got drove into a tree, the whole weekend a write-off. Was Duke Nukem Forever really a Springtime for Hitler situation? Was it planned to take ages and then flop?

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
This is cool. I remember being excited reading about it in the gaming magazines in 2001. Then it was delayed... and delayed... and delayed... and then when it finally came out in the ps360 days, I don't think I cared anymore.

I did buy that version a few years later when it was priced about 5 bucks at gamestop. Yeah, it wasn't particularly good, but I had at least 5 bucks of fun with it. Beyond the glitchiness and whatnot, it had a good sense of humor and a lot of character.

Anyway, cool that the original version is being leaked. Thanks for the info.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The entire first Duke3D level is recreated and playable in the leak. It's by no means completely functional though.

as someone who advocates for and when they can find them releases rare unreleased crap...I did NOT see this coming but I am happy it happened
Very interested. I was an hardcore fan waiting for DKF and I remember the 2001 trailer. I was really excited. I did not watch the complete youtube video. But I think like he says, probably a fan remake will come. Crazy they did not release or finish this kind of version instead. Of course today it is outdated.

rholdenl

n00b
I actually didn't hate the DNF we got. Of course, I paid 10 bucks for it used. If I had been waiting for several years and then paid full price I might feel differently, but I picked it up way later and thought, "that was aight"
I made the horrible mistake of getting it week 1 and then proceeded to get stuck on a boss and never finish the damned thing.