DS boot up chime

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Okay, so I fire up Meteos today, but instead of the usual boot up chime (you know, 'dong dong dong-dong'), I get a weird high-pitched chime instead. 'ding ding ding-ding...'

What's up with that? I just got it, so it's still under warranty and whatnot... I wonder if I'd be justified swapping it, but I figure that maybe I should just replace it now while I still have a chance. Besides, the screen is already covered in barely-perceptible-but-nonetheless-noticeable scratches, even though I've only ever used the stylus on there (which was nice and clean, and never pressed hard — weak).

All of a sudden, I'm feeling jittery on an up-until-yesterday solid purchase.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
HeartlessNinny said:
Okay, so I fire up Meteos today, but instead of the usual boot up chime (you know, 'dong dong dong-dong'), I get a weird high-pitched chime instead. 'ding ding ding-ding...'

What's up with that? I just got it, so it's still under warranty and whatnot... I wonder if I'd be justified swapping it, but I figure that maybe I should just replace it now while I still have a chance. Besides, the screen is already covered in barely-perceptible-but-nonetheless-noticeable scratches, even though I've only ever used the stylus on there (which was nice and clean, and never pressed hard — weak).

All of a sudden, I'm feeling jittery on an up-until-yesterday solid purchase.

Try checking the settings,sounds like it had someones birthdate logged in as thats what gives you a different boot up chime.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
It was his birthday yesterday, so thats what it was.

If you had gone into pictochat it would have given you a happy birthday message.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
soopafamicom said:
Try checking the settings,sounds like it had someones birthdate logged in as thats what gives you a different boot up chime.

Hrng, birthday chime.

Yeah, it was my birthday yesterday, actually. I didn't know there was a birthday chime. Next time I'll read the manual, I guess. Still, it seems like an odd feature. Did they think we'd forget our birthday or something? Or is it meant as some kind of greeting? If so, I don't really see the point of it. Ah well, quirky systems and all.

It sure sounds weird, though, like it's broken or somehing. Whatever.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
HeartlessNinny said:
Hrng, birthday chime.

Yeah, it was my birthday yesterday, actually. I didn't know there was a birthday chime. Next time I'll read the manual, I guess. Still, it seems like an odd feature. Did they think we'd forget our birthday or something? Or is it meant as some kind of greeting? If so, I don't really see the point of it. Ah well, quirky systems and all.

It sure sounds weird, though, like it's broken or somehing. Whatever.

its built into the DS OS and games can be made aware its your birthday

also, in pictochat other people may not know its your birthday, notice it doesnt say how old you are though, due to paedophiles.

its got a lot of point though.