Droid's SoCal Hookup Part 3 aka "the Occupation" Saturday May 14th 2005

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
droid said:
Jindo,

Your mission, should you accept, is to kidnap 300wins and drive him down here friday night, game all day saturday then drive him back Sunday morning.

No beheading tape unless 300wins flakes out.

Droid

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjaken

Cheng's Errand Boy
I wanna go. I wanna go.

You can call me the Arsonist because Enjaken means Fire Punch/Fist

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
@Nruva and Shirt in a can:

If ya guys want personalized nicknames for the hookup, we're trying to stick with the Iraqi occupation theme, so come up with one that's related, and it will be done :buttrock:

@Shirt: I'm kinda hurt that ya didnt like Condoleezza...we'll try to come up with something else for ya bud unless ya beat us to it.

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Exactly 2 months to go...Gotta start thinking about what games would be good to tourney. Any suggestions? Can include games from other systems also.
MarioKart, Tetris versus mode, Tetris Attack, PuzzleBobble....anything if we have enough ppl interested. Definitely gotta have a SS5S tourney.

SPark definitely wants to do a Sony PSP tourney, probably linked up ridge racers if we have enough PSP's on hand. Or if there are other PSP games that would provide good head to head competition.

I just got an Arcade candy cab so if anyone would be willing to bring an mvs 1 slot + games would rock! lmk.

Between me and SPark we have 3 aes consoles. 2 ps2's. 2 xboxes. snes. 2 gamecubes. As always, if anyone can bring a TV or flat panel display, that would be a big help. Also if anyone wants to help in the setup or post hookup cleanup, we'd really appreciate it.

lmk :)

Droid

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
droid said:

If ya guys want personalized nicknames for the hookup, we're trying to stick with the Iraqi occupation theme, so come up with one that's related, and it will be done

Droid

Bin Ladin has nothing to do with Iraq.....but I dig the nick, :mr_t:

Things are looking good for me right now, I'll be able to get my ass down there and get the beat down in all the games. You bastards better play Garou this time :mad:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
droid said:

If ya guys want personalized nicknames for the hookup, we're trying to stick with the Iraqi occupation theme, so come up with one that's related, and it will be done :buttrock:

@Shirt: I'm kinda hurt that ya didnt like Condoleezza...we'll try to come up with something else for ya bud unless ya beat us to it.

Droid

Operation Ghetto Hamster?

OK, OK... hehe... I can live with whatever you throw me... but I won't take sloppy seconds. If Shirt isn't going to be Condoleezza... I'm not either! :emb:

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
droid said:

Droid

We can always call him "Towel on a head" :kekeke:

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm cool with "Bunker Buster"..... mainly because it's also the name of one of Maxima's DM (KOF: qcf qcf + A/C)

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
durka durka durka durka..... :D

Who wants their nickname to be "F%ck Yeah!" ?

Droid

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
droid - 300wins and I wouldn't mind attending this gathering but we aren't 100% sure at this moment. But we'll probably know for sure sometime in April. :eye::eye:

BIG

sony fanboy
This meet is going to be off teh chain. I've already got some nifty giveaway prizes lined up for the tourneys.

BIG-

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
who the hell is that in your sig Godfatha? :help:

Shock and Awe is correct....this will be the supreme mother of all jihadi meets of all time! Durka Durka Durka!

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Metal slug tourney?... I'd hit that... I'm also building a 25" full cab that I'll be able to swap out my 2-slot, a cps2, and other jamma boards in... possibly through a multijamma If I can get ahold of one pretty cheap :drool_2: ... I'd just get chewed up and spit out at a fighting tourney though... so drop me a line when the metal slug tourney takes form... I'm a so-cal local...

BIG

sony fanboy
Ok guys,here's what I got in store so far,prize-wise.

Metal Slug 1st Mission (Complete)
Metal Slug 2nd Mission (loose)
A few SNK- related memorabillias.
SNK Mooks
SNK Posters

Will report back as soon as I'm done searching through the rubbles.

BIG-

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
A ms3 tourney would be cool...
From what I gather... it's the best one so far...

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Count me in, sucka's!

How 'bout a Money Puzzle Exchanger tourney, or Magical Drop 3? Or how about Pulstar... :drool:

Anyway, can wait to be back in the states just in time for this meetup. (I'm stuck in Japan being forced to buy games at horribly cheap prices and play games at a new arcade on a twice a day basis, it's really an awful situation) ;)

BIG

sony fanboy
ResOGlas said:
Count me in, sucka's!

How 'bout a Money Puzzle Exchanger tourney, or Magical Drop 3? Or how about Pulstar... :drool:

That's what I'm talkin' bout! Woot!

Anyway, can wait to be back in the states just in time for this meetup. (I'm stuck in Japan being forced to buy games at horribly cheap prices and play games at a new arcade on a twice a day basis, it's really an awful situation) ;)

:emb:

BIG-

Josh

Banned
Metal Slug tourney could be biased on how far a gamer can go on 1 credit. Divide contestants into compatible character roles.