17. Resoglas *arrived*
18. Shirt *arrived*
19. nruva *arrived*
20. Eric *arrived*

Droid

bulletnyourass

noble trader
Tom,

Thanks again for the hospitality. Tell The Godfather I am getting ready to play me some Minty Fresh PSP imports thanks to his *generosity*. I would have stayed later; but parking is a nightmare around here if you arent home by a decent time. Tell Jose, that my Haohmaru will be ready for his Basara next time around. :buttrock: :kekeke: :buttrock: :kekeke:

Phillip

sonofx51

If you're even THINKING about TRADING with this us
Just wanted to say Thanks to Tom for having us over at his place with all the Neo goodness. It was cool seeing some people I hadnt seen in quite awhile and meeting some new people as well. I miss my AES games :crying:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
I'd also like to thank Tom for putting this gig into motion... Where else could I have played video games all day, and get shat on by a parrot? Hopefully a bunch of the people who came to today's hookup will be able to make mine... LEAGUE BOWLING CHAMP RIGHT HERE!!! :D ... although... I lost in the first round of samsho... oh well... :p

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Many thanks from me as well, Tom.

Even though I got smashed in the first round of SSVS and lost my self-proclaimed title of "King of Puzzle Bobble", it was a lot of fun! And it was cool to meet everyone in person. :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
I'd also like to thank Tom for putting this gig into motion... Where else could I have played video games all day, and get shat on by a parrot? Hopefully a bunch of the people who came to today's hookup will be able to make mine... LEAGUE BOWLING CHAMP RIGHT HERE!!! :D ... although... I lost in the first round of samsho... oh well... :p

You didn't have the outfit :(

Thanks again to Tom for hosting, good times... And Bobak you are an amazing MD3 player... I hope we can play again sometime when you're back in LA.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Thanks very much Tom, as usual. I'm always overloaded with MoTW comp and then itching for a fix the next day. No doubt it'd be the same with SS5 if I was any good, I guess I finally need to break down and buy a Neo.

Was the Supergoose 1-slot yours? That's pretty much what I had in mind.

Eric

Fight On!,
Thanks again for hosting, Tom. It was some great fun, and hopefully the wife wasn't too mad by the end of the night. :D

Bobak: Today begins my training to defeat you in MD3. :mad:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
nruva said:
You didn't have the outfit :(

Thanks again to Tom for hosting, good times... And Bobak you are an amazing MD3 player... I hope we can play again sometime when you're back in LA.
I had it! (just ask Tom... he saw the bag) nobody requested it though durring the playing. You'll just have to come on down to my place on the 27th ;)

aria

Former Moderator
I just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet all of you and I had a great time at the gathering. It was great to meet so many good people from the site, and other who just dropped in to check things out! All of you all area always welcome to a MN gathering.

Droid: An extra thank you for hosting!

I apologize I had to cut out early but I had to meet my parents for dinner.

nruva said:
And Bobak you are an amazing MD3 player... I hope we can play again sometime when you're back in LA.

Coming from you, I'm very honored. It was great to see you again, I wish I could've hung out longer so we could try out the 200 base on vs. mode. If you somehow ever find yourself in MN, you'll find some decent competition here too (other than me) :D

BTW, Nick, when I get back I'll post my old high scores for the challenger mode. I didn't realize my MVS had kept them until I went home and checked last night. I took a picture which I'll upload next month.

Eric said:
Bobak: Today begins my training to defeat you in MD3. :mad:

Well, nruva is pretty good so you'll have a good surrogate to get practice.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Bobak said:
I just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet all of you and I had a great time at the gathering. It was great to meet so many good people from the site, and other who just dropped in to check things out! All of you all area always welcome to a MN gathering.

Droid: An extra thank you for hosting!

I apologize I had to cut out early but I had to meet my parents for dinner.

Coming from you, I'm very honored. It was great to see you again, I wish I could've hung out longer so we could try out the 200 base on vs. mode. If you somehow ever find yourself in MN, you'll find some decent competition here too (other than me) :D

BTW, Nick, when I get back I'll post my old high scores for the challenger mode. I didn't realize my MVS had kept them until I went home and checked last night. I took a picture which I'll upload next month.

Well, nruva is pretty good so you'll have a good surrogate to get practice.

You missed Eric and I playing later in the night, he seems to be a natural... He was point for point on me and before long there was no way in hell I could even think about playing Devil or Fool against him... and it was his first time playing! :emb:

SolidSnakeII

Marked Wolf
Thanks a lot Tom(Droid) was a great time like always, why does time have to fly so fast do :loco: Thanks a lot for the Mai poster. And now Part 4???? ;)

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
*whew* after all the festivities yesterday, I'm abit on the tired side. Glad we were able to stretch it out until 10pm or so...I ended up hitting the wall and zonking out just before the last of the hardcore gamers left.

I wanted to thank you all for coming. Everyone was great and made my job as host an easy one, considering the number of people that made it. Your presence did me great honor....especially some of the harder people to catch up with (Bobak, Nruva, Eric, 300wins, Spark and Jindo) as well as the Godfatha himself...BIG! Rest assured every attendee will be receiving an invite when it's time for Droid's socal hookup #4 sometime in winter 2005 or early spring 2006

Special thanks goes out the following BIGtyma's:

Sara and Logan for putting up with Daddy's gaming habits and allowing us to discombobulate our house for a day or 2...in order for us to have our fun :buttrock:

BIG: for making the nametags, helping setup, accompanying me to popeye's and almost singlehandedly transforming our neo hookup into a shmupmeet :buttrock:

SolidsnakeII: for reclaiming the SS5S crown for SoCal....until the next hookup

Zenimus: for helping setup, assembling fans and giving me all I could handle in PuzzleBobble. :p

Jindo & 300wins: for driving all the way down here from NoCal, supplying gaming gear, helping set up and making an emergency trip to Home Depot to buy additional fans which saved our apartment from becoming a sweltering hellhole. ps: I havent forgotten I need to square up with Roger about the fans ;)

Bulletnyourass for breaking it down old skool style and requesting Popeye pcb to be played.

iconsx He couldnt make it to our hookup, but he replaced my freezing ketsui board the very next day....You won't find a better person to deal with. Tony is top notch all the way. Thanks man you're the best! :buttrock:

Again thanks to everyone that made it....I look forward to doing it again in the near future...so little time....so many games!

Droid

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
First off, I would like to thank Tom, his wife, and his child for having us over for this great meetup. Jindo and I had a lot of fun and it was well worth the 6 hour drive there and back home again.

I would also like to thank BIG for letting us crash at his place and for being a good host as usual.

It was nice to see everyone again and to meet new faces that I haven't meet in real life before, from Bobak, Eric, stuffmonger, nruva, and many others.

I look forward to the next time we are down in SoCal. As some of you noticed, I took a bunch of random pictures during the meet. The link is below. I just wanted to shout out a few things.

3rd Strike crew (nruva, Shirt, and Eric) - Until next time we play 3rd Strike. Don't miss the Hugo "man love" move too much in the meantime. ;)

Stuffmonger - We will continue our sports competition come 2 weeks when you show up for CGE.

PICTURES LINK
http://www.arcade4home.com/OCpart3/

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
shirt said:
Thanks very much Tom, as usual. I'm always overloaded with MoTW comp and then itching for a fix the next day. No doubt it'd be the same with SS5 if I was any good, I guess I finally need to break down and buy a Neo.

Was the Supergoose 1-slot yours? That's pretty much what I had in mind.

Actually, that was mine. I brought it with me to OCpart2 also, remember?

Eric

Fight On!,
From roger's link:

The face of getting owned at MD3 :kekeke: (Warning: 200k)

And this marks the last time Nick gives me a ride halfway to the gathering. Unless he wants to join in on a Matrimelee tournament. :emb:

Roger: Never again shall I fall victim to your man love! :envy:

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
300wins said:
First off, I would like to thank Tom, his wife, and his child for having us over for this great meetup. Jindo and I had a lot of fun and it was well worth the 6 hour drive there and back home again.

I would also like to thank BIG for letting us crash at his place and for being a good host as usual.

It was nice to see everyone again and to meet new faces that I haven't meet in real life before, from Bobak, Eric, stuffmonger, nruva, and many others.

I look forward to the next time we are down in SoCal. As some of you noticed, I took a bunch of random pictures during the meet. The link is below. I just wanted to shout out a few things.

3rd Strike crew (nruva, Shirt, and Eric) - Until next time we play 3rd Strike. Don't miss the Hugo "man love" move too much in the meantime. ;)

Stuffmonger - We will continue our sports competition come 2 weeks when you show up for CGE.

PICTURES LINK
http://www.arcade4home.com/OCpart3/

Yikes, too many pics of me...:(

Always ready for a heaping helping of Hugo love.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Eric said:
From roger's link:

The face of getting owned at MD3 :kekeke: (Warning: 200k)

And this marks the last time Nick gives me a ride halfway to the gathering. Unless he wants to join in on a Matrimelee tournament. :emb:

Roger: Never again shall I fall victim to your man love! :envy:

You may have just blown project phoenix, mister... :emb:

Thanks for snapping some shots Roger, I think these photos show just how diverse this meet up really was. We had the fighter crowd, the shooter crowd, our tiny puzzle crowd, and of course the mustachioed non-dog suit wearing crowd. :mad:

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
nruva said:
You may have just blown project phoenix, mister... :emb:

Thanks for snapping some shots Roger, I think these photos show just how diverse this meet up really was. We had the fighter crowd, the shooter crowd, our tiny puzzle crowd, and of course the mustachioed non-dog suit wearing crowd. :mad:
HEY! You'll just have to come to my place on the 27th! Catch me early when I'm not "in the zone"
me... in the top players golf zone> http://www.arcade4home.com/OCpart3/PDRM1465.JPG

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
It was a one hell of a gathering. I had a blast. thanks to the host, Tom, and everyone else who made this possible. One thing I learned is that I gotta practice some Samsho5special.

MonkeyD

n00b
I'd also like to start off by thanking Tom's family for letting us hang out at their place to play games and Tom himself for hosting it.

It was a lot of fun meeting a bunch of the Neo Geo members and talking with a few. The game selection was excellent and Tom has some of the best shooters. :buttrock:

If there is a #4 I would love to go and talk to a few of the other members I didn't get to this time and play some different games.

Thanks again Tom

-MonkeyD