Dreamcast KOF2002

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong Forum, I didnt know which one to post this question in :)

With the dreamcast version of KOF2002, it only runs in 50hz on my machine. Is there a way to make it run in 60Hz?
I have a PAL dreamcast and the Jap version of KOF2002 (is that the only DC version?).

Finally, Im using the utopia boot disk to play the game...

Thanks for any help :)

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Yes, there's only the Japanese version of the game. As for why it doesn't play 60hz, it may be the Utopia disk. The utopia disk is free, but it is the least configurable of the bunch. For instance, you can't change video modes with it, nor does it support VGA adaptors. There is some hack to attempt to get Utopia to play in VGA but good luck trying to get that one to work.

I haven't used a Utopia in a while. But gameshark works well with modes, the best being VGA as that eliminates the Hz issue. However, I believe there is a CDX boot disk which might be the best for your question. Mainly in that it actually has a selectable ability to play in 50 or 60hz.

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Thanks for the quick reply.

I havnt heard of CDX before but I'll keep an eye out for a copy and get it as soon as possible.

:)

Thanks again.