dreamcast arcade stick mod

hooby

n00b
i bought a neo-geo cd unit on ebay without controllers because i figured it would just be cheaper to mod the dreamcast arcade sticks i already had. i found a few great threads that basically tell you how to do everything:
http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=002240
and
http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=004818
however, these threads never really address one specific issue - what cable to use to go to the neo-geo unit! :help:
SO,
obviously one will need a 15 pin d-sub female connector to enter the gameports. for the female end i scrapped a midi port off of an old soundcard - its a perfect fit, but i may have to sand some plastic off the neo-geo system. its like a fourth had ngcd unit, so im not too concerned about the cosmetics at this point.
however, i am having trouble finding a 15 wire cable to run from my stick to the system!! i opened up a few old pc joysticks that were around my house, only to find that the cables just had like 9 wires.
where can i find some 15 wire cable (preferably with the 15 pin female end on it)? i just assumed my joystick would have it. even radioshack failed me here.
thanks!

Amakusashiro666

, , Simon Says:, "Ban Me!"
Get a couple of neogeo extension cabes and cut them instead.Then you will have the right fit,and ends.There is a place in Canada that sells them,oldschoolgamer I think.They do repairs also,and sell those cables.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I can buy PC joystick extension cables here in Barcelona for 6€ each, they have 15 wires and a male and female plug. Depending on the manufacturer that has them available, the female socket is long enough for the Neo Geo deeper socket, or not; if it's not then I have to "shave" the female end as it's made of rubber plastic, I only need a knife and a few minutes.

hooby

n00b
lol

wouldnt the pc joystick extension cable (male-female) be essentially the same exact thing as a neo geo controller extension, just without the garunteed perfect fit?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
hooby said:
lol

wouldnt the pc joystick extension cable (male-female) be essentially the same exact thing as a neo geo controller extension, just without the garunteed perfect fit?

Yes, but the PC one should be easier and cheaper to get.

And I was about to say "circuncidate the female" but it just didn't sound right :kekeke: