Double Dragon II PCB Video Color Problem

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
i just got this PCB yesterday and i hooked it up to the SG on s-video - i am getting color output problems with this. the colors are off, its like too much green or red tones on it.

the SG im using outputs natural RGB that uses external video encoder (NEOBitz-based) of component, s-video, composite. the SG does have the three R.G.B based turning "pots" i adjusted those but the green/yellow and the red persists hence the video output looks funky and unnatural looking. AFAIK i cant or dont have access to some "test/service" interface off the MoBo and the DIP settings are just board or game oriented settings, not necessarily video.

another problem is - the whole game screen looks like its displays all the way to the left, i mean i cannot even see the HUD for the player one life meter.

@norton9478 - have you encounter this video problem before? has anyone encounter this before and may want to relay some advice on how to correct this? thx in advance... :emb:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
You got that quick.

Here are the dip settings:
http://www.crazykong.com/dips/DoubleDragon2.txt

Video output on my 19" cab:

100_0423.jpg

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
yup thats the screen that im expecting...my wife comes home tonite so i can borrow her digital camera to take pics on the video output on my end. thx for posting the sample pic at least i know its behaving normally before it left your cab...

i dont know yet the resistor arrays ttooddyy was referring to - was not really indicated on the thread you referred to buit ill reserach further to see on the board where they are...i hope this is an easy tweak. :emb:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
the link is just for the dip settings.

did you check to make sure both boards are hooked together tight?

evasyar

Genjuro's Frog,
topher said:
did you check to make sure both boards are hooked together tight?

sure did - the board linkage is just right.

OK - here are samples of the video output samples:

- pic of PCB to try and spot the resistor array with, jamma harness sideup.

DD2004.jpg

- pic of PCB backside up.

DD2008.jpg

- sample of the title display.

DD2005.jpg

- ...another of the title display.

DD2006.jpg

- attract sequence samples.

DD2007.jpg

DD2003.jpg

DD2002.jpg

DD2001.jpg

hey ttooddyy - still trying to find the resistor array you are referring too. you think you can see from the pics here??

any other technical advise greatly appreciated. :emb:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
The arrays are those in line flatpack devices just to the right of the jamma edge connect in the first piccy, sometimes they get damaged in transit.

Looking at the screen shots, that is not the problem. It is encoder related imho.
Some boards do not run well with some encoders. MK2 is a good example, the chroma phase is screwed up (using AD encoders), it may be the same with DD.

Get access to a rgb monitor, I bet the colour will be perfect ;)

edit- check this thread
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140648

Last edited: