Double Dragon Combos

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
hello friends,
how is cheng fu any combos.
Cheng Fu,
-in corner-
use max powers
-f,f+any button,down+D(2),f,d,df+any two buttons.
-f,f+any button,down+D(1),d,df,f+any tow buttons(4 hits)into cancel,down(1 or 2 hits),any moves. buttrock

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Come on, don'be so obnoxious, we're supposed to be here to discuss about everything neogeo related. Following your statement, no one should care about anything but FF, LB and KOF. What about Kizuna Encounter, Ninja Masters, Breakers? And then, DD was a neat little game that deserved much more attention, its combo system wasn't that bad and many of its coolest features are still to be discovered IMHO.
Keep on the good work, Steve, we need people like you

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My fave Abobo combo/tactic (cheapness alarm!! :) ):

b+D -> D,C -> qcd (that's quarter circle DOWN, starting on fwd)+B -> back up one step (but don't do a b+D!) -> D,D,D (until your charge meter is full) -> jump D,D -> qcd+CD.

...if the second jumping D,D connects and you get a full charge meter after the first/second hit, all you have to do is to pull off a Triple Hammer Punch (qcd+CD) to kill or nearly kill your opponent (up to 100% damage). The 100% only works under ideal conditions, tho.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
hoooooooooo
very nice combos abobo's (cheapness).
ok
how is cheng fu,billy,jimmy is any combos.
multi_co

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yesterday i tried your combos: Cheng's one can do up to 17 hits, his qcf+2 buttons actually does 7 hits and not 4. You need to keep the buttons pressed til the seventh hit without touching any direction, then cancel.
Therefore (X meaning 'any button'):
f f C, d+D,cancel into qcf+2X (keep 2X pressed),cancel into D D, cancel into qcf+D --17 hits

About Abobo's combo...how the hell do you do it, Takumaji? I fear i didn't understand anything.
How can you chain a D D into a C? How can you connect 3 D (or even one) after a f,df,d+B? And what did you mean with 'jump D,D'? Explain me, please

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
COMEDISDEGNO:
Yesterday i tried your combos: Cheng's one can do up to 17 hits, his qcf+2 buttons actually does 7 hits and not 4. You need to keep the buttons pressed til the seventh hit without touching any direction, then cancel.
Therefore (X meaning 'any button'):
f f C, d+D,cancel into qcf+2X (keep 2X pressed),cancel into D D, cancel into qcf+D --17 hits

About Abobo's combo...how the hell do you do it, Takumaji? I fear i didn't understand anything.
How can you chain a D D into a C? How can you connect 3 D (or even one) after a f,df,d+B? And what did you mean with 'jump D,D'? Explain me, please
Well, it's not really a combo where the combo meter counts every hit, it's more a way of playing Abobo most cheaply, but it can (and should) be done in one go, that's why I call it a combo. The qcd+D/qcd+CD has autoguard, so this works wonders against DD's stupid CPU. It's NOT a thing I'd pull off in a 2P fight.

The C is a typo, should be a D. Jump D? Well, you jump, you press D! wink Abobo does a kick on jump-D that can be linked to his qcd+CD if you do the move (very) shortly before landing

The "D,D,D" stuff is there to build up energy. You know the super energy system in DD, the length of the bar depends on the number of moves you do or the hits you get, but also on the size of the life bar, so it's not predictable when you your charge meter is full and active, so I used the triple D as a variable for this.

Finally, it's a difference between a b+D and a standing D. Abobo's qcd+D takes slightly longer to come out if you do a b+D.

So, the cleaned-up "combo" looks like this:

(when close) b+D,D(,D)-> qcd+B -> one step back, D,D (until your charge meter is full) -> jump D, another D or another qcd+B -> qcd+CD

1.) b+D,D(,D) = if the second standing D connects and you do another standing D followed by the qcd+B, your opponent will be dizzied. In this case, continue with some more qcd+B's or crouching D kicks.

2.) the back-step is necessary to time out the qcd+B. You could also do a standing A or even a jump.

Hope this explains it.

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thank you, it looks explanatory...i will check it out this evening.
What i really don't get is how you can continue your 'combo' after a qcd+B. For what i recall, qcd+X is a knockdown attack...Is it supposed to dizzy the enemy? Should it juggle?

About the 'jump D,D', i thought it was some kind of air juggle a-la Kizuna Encounter...my mistake.

<small>[ March 31, 2003, 12:22 PM: Message edited by: COMEDISDEGNO ]</small>

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
COMEDISDEGNO:
Thank you, it looks explanatory...i will check it out this evening.
What i really don't get is how you can continue your 'combo' after a qcd+B. For what i recall, qcd+X is a knockdown attack...Is it supposed to dizzy the enemy? Should it juggle?

About the 'jump D,D', i thought it was some kind of air juggle a-la Kizuna Encounter...my mistake.
the qcd+B does not dizzy the opponent all the time. DD's "dizzyness" is similar to Capcom games, a number of hard hits in a row can dizzy an opponent, but not if you hit him with/during a combo.

But then, should the opponent get dizzy and/or gets knocked down, well, that's what the backstep or foot sweep is for to take care of that.

COMEDISDEGNO

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
SHUKO

(corner) jump B, (close) f+A x 9, dp+C\D(3 hits), DIZZY, dp+2X (pursuit) --- 100% damage!

(full screen far) qcf+A, qcd+2X ---8 hits