World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet

Last edited:

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
redrum666 said:
you forgot one

World Heroes 2

Was actually listed as World Heroes only, just a mistype.

bulletnyourass

noble trader
xtoo_short20x said:
Alpha Mission 2
Art of Fighting
Baseball Stars 2
Baseball 2020
Burning Fight
Eightman
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Football Frenzy
GhostPilots
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
Last Resort
League Bowling
Mutation Nation
Ninja Commando
Roboarmy
Samurai Shodown II
Soccer Brawl
World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet

Jorge, Thanks!!!! You're a walking Neo Geo Encyclopaedia :D:D . I knew I should have just emailed you in the first place :D:D .

Phillip

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
xtoo_short20x said:
Alpha Mission 2
Art of Fighting
Baseball Stars 2
Baseball 2020
Burning Fight
Eightman
Fatal Fury
Fatal Fury 2
Football Frenzy
GhostPilots
King of the Monsters
King of the Monsters 2
Last Resort
League Bowling
Mutation Nation
Ninja Commando
Roboarmy
Samurai Shodown II
Soccer Brawl
World Heroes 2
World Heroes 2 Jet

Was there ever a Samurai Showdown dog tag?

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
OK this is strange. The World Heroes 2 the I bought from EB (I think thats where I bought it. It may have been a Software ect. or Babbages.) back when it was new is the Euro version. I never knew this until this thread. I read WH 2 dog tag looked at mine no dog tag was thinking wtf!? So I checked the cart pics and mine has the green background like the Euro cart. So now I wonder why a US store was selling the Euro cart.

SNKJorge

Hellsing said:
OK this is strange. The World Heroes 2 the I bought from EB (I think thats where I bought it. It may have been a Software ect. or Babbages.) back when it was new is the Euro version. I never knew this until this thread. I read WH 2 dog tag looked at mine no dog tag was thinking wtf!? So I checked the cart pics and mine has the green background like the Euro cart. So now I wonder why a US store was selling the Euro cart.

You're a little bit confused...
Not all the 'uniform' games are EURO, only some of them.
There's also 'uniformed' US games. The difference is
that the EURO ones are USUALLY against a gray bg, while the
US are against a black bg. Some EURO games also
come with a French manual. It gets a little confusing,
you might want to check the master list for more
info.

Hellsing

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Thanks xtoo_short20x it does have a black bg and only one manual. So I'm going to say its a US cart just not a dog tag for some reason. And yes Neo games can get confusing.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Hellsing said:
Thanks xtoo_short20x it does have a black bg and only one manual. So I'm going to say its a US cart just not a dog tag for some reason. And yes Neo games can get confusing.

I've been a bit puzzled about this as well. I've got all the dogtags, and a couple of other just regular US carts with the plain black bg. But the years on some of these leave it confusing. For example that World Heroes 2 comes roughly in the middle of the dogtag "bigger badder better" marketing campaign going by US release dates. So why make a non dogtag version in the middle of that advertising run?

Unless it's a "greatest hits" so to speak and only after a game had sold so many copies did they make a dogtag version. Of course the way the Neo sold here in the states anything that sold over 50 copies could probably be considered a greatest hit :)

SNKJorge

The_Chosen_One said:
I've been a bit puzzled about this as well. I've got all the dogtags, and a couple of other just regular US carts with the plain black bg. But the years on some of these leave it confusing. For example that World Heroes 2 comes roughly in the middle of the dogtag "bigger badder better" marketing campaign going by US release dates. So why make a non dogtag version in the middle of that advertising run?

Unless it's a "greatest hits" so to speak and only after a game had sold so many copies did they make a dogtag version. Of course the way the Neo sold here in the states anything that sold over 50 copies could probably be considered a greatest hit :)

Dog-Tag

A special Neo-Geo “Seal of Quality” that was added to the spine of early US Neo Geo carts by SNK USA (seals of quality were a popular trend started with the NES). The logo’s prominent feature was a rabid dog (taken from a magazine commercial), hence the term dog-tag. This was later replaced by the standard “Neo-Geo” symbol with “Advanced Entertainment System” written in the middle. Early European carts never used the Dog-Tag and instead used the AES symbol. See Euro-Tag.

Don't call them Greatest Hits please.

vincewy

Loyal Neo-Disciple,
20 Year Member
Jorge:

Add Street Hoop on the list, I saw this game at Game Express NY in 1996, never thought of picking it up to prove it, someone has to have it, it's rare.

SNKJorge

vincewy said:
Jorge:

Add Street Hoop on the list, I saw this game at Game Express NY in 1996, never thought of picking it up to prove it, someone has to have it, it's rare.

I want to see a picture.