Does SNK/Playmore make a better Dan?

kelvSYC

NEST Puppet
Many say that Dan is a parody of Ryo. But it's amazing that there is more depth to a Dan created by SNK/Playmore than a Dan created by Capcom. For proof, check out his Shinkuu Gadou Ken or his Chohatsu Densetsu, or even the ongoing Dan/Kyokugen gags.

I think SNK uses Dan as some legitimate way to laugh at themselves, and Capcom uses Dan to just imitate SNK laughing at themselves.

Anyways...

Do you think it's a product of SNK's reputation of getting more depth out of characters, or is it just SNK is treading with Dan where Capcom would not (ie. SNK is making a better parody of themselves than Capcom of SNK)?

Kemps

Crossed Swords Squire
Dan in MOTM: "That Geese guy isn't very honest about things. If he wants to be my disciple, he should say so!"

SNK made Dan actually funny, while with Capcom, eh, it's getting very old.

seba_boi

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Capcom can't just use Dan to directly rip off Robert, right?... Only SNK can do that w/o any suing, I believe...

Well, Dan's win quotes in Capcom vs SNK 2 (especially those when paired with Mai) were hilarious. Nothing has matched that, of what I've seen...

SNK does do a better job of addressing the Dan-Kyokugen character rivalry/parody though. Especially in MOTM.

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
ah gotta love Dan's super taunt in MOTM, best version of it I think

kshira

Crazed MVS Addict
Haven't seen the SNK Dan play but he certainly looks better than his Capcom counterpart. That just might be because of my love for SNK style of animation, the SFA-style animation is gettin boring.

Capcom should start using SFIII style animation from now on for its 2d fighters.The same could be said for SNK with its KoF style graphics but that system has yet to be released(I've been told), while Capcom already has CPSIII which it could have used for CvS2 but didn't.