Do you use military time?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't, but, the nurses at work do (i.e., they'll announce and schedule testing from 13:00-15:00 instead of 1-3 PM). I get that there's no confusion about whether the hour is AM or PM with that system, but, I prefer 12 hour cycles. I can use it if I have to, I just dislike it.
military-military_time-military_clocks-reports-deadlines-24_hour_clock-mfln8218_low.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Syn

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Similar to dealing with the nurses, it depends on who I'm talking to. Friends who served I'll use military time but personally I use AM or PM.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I do, even when I'm not in the military. I can talk to people in normal 12 hour time, but all of my clocks and watches are on 24 hour time because it's easier for me to read instantly.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No. Unless everyone does it, it's really is unusual.
My teams struggle with time zones as it is.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I use it almost exclusively as a lot of the systems I fuck around with all day only use it. At first it was a problem but now I actually prefer it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I have to use it occasionally here in Japan, and it's annoying as fuck. Celsius? Fine. Kilograms? Cool. Military time? Go fuck yourself. Although at least we don't have stupid daylight savings.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'm glad you've been able to adjust to a better way of measuring temperature and weight. One would think that to be much harder than counting the 24 hours in a day but oh well each to their own I guess.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm glad you've been able to adjust to a better way of measuring temperature and weight. One would think that to be much harder than counting the 24 hours in a day but oh well each to their own I guess.
Military time isn't difficult, I just don't like it. I'm not in the military, never wanted to be in the military, not a huge fan of any of the world's militaries.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What is even more interesting is the fact that it is not an invention of the military.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
My buddy in college had his own time (12 hour format). When I met him, I figured he didn't bother to program his alarm clock. Then one day I saw his watch and it matched his alarm. It was something like 5 hours and 23 minutes ahead of normal time (or 6 hours and 37 minutes behind).

Edit: also he didn't change for DST.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What is even more interesting is the fact that it is not an invention of the military.
That is interesting. Well, fuck it. I can count to 24. All by myself. Maybe I'll be less antagonistic toward those who use it.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I have a few of my Casio F-91w watches set to military time just for a change of pace. I have to use it occasionally for international meetings, publishing platforms, etc.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I use 24h time for tech and IT admin stuff, preferably with the GMT offset noted. In my normal day to day life I just ise 12h time.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Because I have to use it at work, I set all clocks I use to it if I can. It took be a few years to get the later hour conversions into memory. Still can't be bothered with UTC tho.