Do you pay attention to your post count or your rank?

Robert

20 Year Member
Honestly, I like my three stars. Not for the showing off purpose but more because it gives a kind of army rank style I like. Sadly it's based on the post count so a +1 poster can get one within some months (when some old members still don't have one).

I would rather see a system based on the time you spent on this board. One year, one star or something like this.

Now concerning my post count, I don't even know how much I have and I didn't pay attention for a while. I remember I was following it carefully the first year I was here because you could get regulary new ranks with few posts. Now I just don't pay attention.

Please share your opinion.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I like the fact you can use the war room's -1 feature to keep yourself at a post count/rank that you like.

I've been trying to get down to 2000 and keep it there.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I wish it would just be ghosted. People pay way to much attention to it. In fact, to me.. The higher it is, the more of a loser you are.

The -1 warroom shit is awesome cause it hides just how much time I spend on this site.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
I could care the fuck less about my post count.

I like my rank cuz it fits my avatar & sig, don't you think? I got Kevin Rian(black) as my Avatar and I have Kevin Rian chilling with Ralf and Clark in my sig and my rank is "Ralf & Clark's drinking buddy", so it works out perfectly.

The only wierd thing is I have 2 stars with my rank, and in the military 2 stars is the rank of a "Major General", and In real life I'm no where near a Major General, lol. Neither Ralf nor Clark are old enough to be Generals either!

toy_brain

Amano's Drinking Buddy
Theres no way in hell I could keep up with the spammers in this place.
I've been here years and havent even cracked 2000. So I try not to think about it.

Robert

20 Year Member
I didn't know about the -1 system with the war room.

So from what I see, you pay more attention to the rank (in fact the name of rank more than the stars themselves) than the post count.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I never really look. I have that stupid custom rank, and my post count doesn't move much b/c of the -1 in the War Room :kekeke:

+1

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I'm amazed at how worked up some people get over it.

The only thing that matters in this place to me anyway is meeting people from here at meetups to play them in fighters/Neogames. Second to that is meeting up online to play over Live or ROMZ.

Everything else is inconsequential.

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I was after 5 stars for awhile ( :kekeke: ), but I don't really pay much attention to it anymore. The most important thing about it IMO is that it at least lets sellers/buyers know that you've spent enough time around here without getting banned and/or nuked.

I liked my "King of Typists" ranking much better than my current one, which doesn't make sense and is kind of generic and unoriginal. If the mods want to be derisive, they could at least come up with something a little more creative. Anyway ....

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I am all game...but I do follow in whats happening in my post count. :emb:

I am happy I have a rank...I dont even like ICP. :kekeke: My name has nothing to do with ICP...its just IC. I dunno...Ive just had this name since I was 17. No reason really...plus its part of my e-mail addy. :conf: :kekeke:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I do.
I think it's interesting to see how many times I opened my mouth.

Robert

20 Year Member
I'm surprised to see so few people concerned. From what I remember I have seen tons of rank related threads and +1 post here.

Either the guys don't post or don't want to recognize it.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
My only goal (be it as Storm Rider, MegaDrive 20XX, Mercenary X99) has always been to simply reach the rank of IKARI WARRIOR, and by now I probably would've been there had I just stayed with one account, but these days I couldn't care less, if I did I wouldn't bother to post in the War Room at all due to the -1s. It would be nice to have that rank though as pathetically "Nerd" as that might (and it is) very well be.

GK

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
I pay attention to both of them. Its almost like knowing what you're walking into a fight armed with up here sometimes. Some of our members with more posts accumulated tend to think their post count=mythrill armor + great sword and im walking around with peasant coat + dirge. :glee: So im laying low for now, building my armor until the day I get bold enough to verbally rape a few of the stronger members! Just fucking around. But I do pay attention to both....im waiting to one day be a host for orochi or get a pimp ass custom rank.

O.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I have nearly 5000

I just noticed the other day actually

3000 of them were spent calling Stinky-Dinkins a fag

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
Im not really interested in my post count(hence why its pretty low) but it annoys the hell outta me when someone comes out the "N00B" statement just because you have a lower post count :oh_no:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
djrconsoles kr1 said:
Im not really interested in my post count(hence why its pretty low) but it annoys the hell outta me when someone comes out the "N00B" statement just because you have a lower post count :oh_no:

his name is dashk

just ignore him

everybody is a n00b to him that registered after 2001

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
+1. Seriously I used to, but now I don't care. I did notice the other day that because of my more than occasional war room posting and not posting much on the weekend anymore I had been at 3900 for like a month.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
i uhhh... i dunno i just post. +1