Do You Have Any Other Handhelds? & How Do You Rate Them Against Your NGPC.?

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Really? I know the Turbo has better screen but are ya sure TG16 is more powerful than Genesis? I always read different, I've only played Bonk on Turbo and it didnt look as good as Genesis, I guess there are more impressive looking games then?

------------------
mendou.jpg

-Shuuchan

ScoobyDoo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I always thought that the TG was only 8-bit. With the Genisis being 16-bit, I guess that means the Nomad wins on power.

S

Silent_Scope

I think Turbo has two 8 bit processor correct me if I'm wrong.
Can you tell Dracula X is a 8-bit or 16 bit game?
when you talk about 8-bit then you are referring to NES.......LOL
Look at NES, can it handle Street Fighter II CE on it? Turbo can.........

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope
"You have to defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance"

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Actually the TG16 has an 8bit CPU, a variant of the Motorola 6502 in the NES but its graphics chip is a 16bit processor. I was really pretty sure it wasnt as powerful as Genesis but I could be wrong.

S

Silent_Scope

compare TG16 game to Genesis and you'll find out TG has more color and can do some cool stuff

Ex: Street Fighter II CE Hucard
Ninja Spirit Hucard
Aeroblaster (better than Gen...haha)
Darius series

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
True Turbo can do more colors but Genesis can display more sprites, scroll quicker and has better background abilities.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Turbo grafx 16 is called 16, because of its graphic engine is 16 bit. That's why it can handle all those crazy sprites (evident in their shooting games like Blazing Lazers, for ex), scrolling, and etc. Turbo Grafx is actually 8 bit, because of it's engine. Genesis on the other hand is a true 16 bit. The big diff. between them is the amount of colors it can handle at one time. Feel free to correct me on this following info. Its been awhile, but I belive it's 256 out of 512 at one time for Turbo Grafx (same as Snes), and 16 out of 64 for Genesis. Hmm...Maybe that's why I always liked Turbo grafx more than Genesis.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
Actually its 512 out of 512 for TurboGrafX and 64 out of 512 for Genesis.

More colors doesnt matter as much to me, I love the multi scrolling background abilities of the Genesis(particularly sonic)
(2 backgrounds, with 2 division each)

[This message has been edited by Shuuchan (edited April 07, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

TG16 games are always bright and colorful.
Genesis on the other hand.......it's kinda ....not as good as TG
biggrin.gif

I like both. If NEC/TTI brought over entire library to the States, Gen, SNES were vanished in no time.......
Stupid NEC :<

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

Shuuchan

Crossed Swords Squire
your probably right...look how much ass PC Engine kicked in japan.

S

Silent_Scope

I'm thinking about GBA and I'll have comparison amoung Turbo Express, NGPC and GBA for sure.
So far TE is the king

------------------
Strength and Honor

Silent_Scope

M

Mike D

I have a Turbo Express BRAND NEW in the box! Never played! I love that system! Everything changed yesterday though when my GameBoy Advance arrived along with Castlevania! 2D is born once again! The NGPC could have been a lot better...I still like it though!

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
My opinion:
NGP/C:Greatest portable system ever not inpower but in quality.
Atari Lynx: Most powerfull portable ever (could handle Wolf 3D),arcade PERFECT VERSION OF NINJA GAIDEN,great to play games up to eight,this system rocks,still new games are being released for it,was the first gamesystem i owned
Turbo want one but good luck trying to find one in europe
Nomad and Wonderswan:dunno
Game.com/GB/GBC/Gamegear:total crap!!! and I mean it.
GBA:want one if SNK starts to develop for it.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Just a note:

Although the Nomad sucks batteries like mad..and it did, Sega did make a rather nifty rechargeable battery pack that while hard to find, is definitely a "must buy" accessory.

Also the TV output on the Nomad is a cool feature, as is the 2nd player controller port. Sega really should have done better with this handheld.

In terms of true portabilty however, nothing beats the NGPC..It is tiny compared to the rather bulky nomad.

RevQuixo