Do you clean out your Neo Collection?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
How is this a serious question?

"Hey guise, how do I get rid of shit I don't think I will need anymore?"

How do other people answer this for you?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
You can't summon the past back. It's gone, yet the annoying wave of zombie threads continues. A new trend masked as an infantile test of courage? While you're at it: Bring Reagan back.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
3bdb146b0b7308a8725f8bf8af09e7e3.jpg

Last edited:
With all of the multicarts and other ways to test, I pretty much know every game I'm buying is one I plan on keeping.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
i only sold off some duplicate games i found for cheap in the wild to friends of mine for cheap.

Recently sold off the neo pocket collection only because i wasnt really using it and just didnt like collecting it anymore. My aes, i still play often and enjoy!

Usually wont sell my aes stuff unless i absolutely need the cash

xsq

Recently sold off the neo pocket collection only because i wasnt really using it and just didnt like collecting it anymore.
shame you didn't offer it here... looking for a few titles.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
never ever. I want to be buried some day under tons of AES carts.

Just sold a few english releases because i could find the japanese ones which are main point of my collection.
Other than that I would never sell, unless I absolutely needed the cash.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
never ever. I want to be buried some day under tons of AES carts.

Just sold a few english releases because i could find the japanese ones which are main point of my collection.
Other than that I would never sell, unless I absolutely needed the cash.

You will be when your shelf topples over and crushes your spine. I'm thinking umm sometime soon maybe?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I was strictly MVS but tend to sell off the games I don't play as often. Now that I got into AES, those are staying around. I love the art style of the box and manuals, so those have a different feel even though they're the same ROMs. I'm planning on selling off a large amount of my MVS and going NeoSD with the exception of a few games that get regular rotation (metal slugs, NTM, KOF 98)

I was strictly MVS but tend to sell off the games I don't play as often. Now that I got into AES, those are staying around. I love the art style of the box and manuals, so those have a different feel even though they're the same ROMs. I'm planning on selling off a large amount of my MVS and going NeoSD with the exception of a few games that get regular rotation (metal slugs, NTM, KOF 98)

On other boards, I feel like I see people go the other way more often - selling off AES to fund cheaper MVS and then other arcade/videogame purchases.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
On other boards, I feel like I see people go the other way more often - selling off AES to fund cheaper MVS and then other arcade/videogame purchases.

That's a fascinating observation. Please tell us more.

That's a fascinating observation. Please tell us more.

The proliferation of non-emulation alternatives such as using CMVS, Superguns, and Magic Keys, among other potential solutions, has allowed gamers to use cheaper MVS cartridges and enjoy the same or nearly the same experience of using an AES cartridge has led many to jettison their AES collections in order to fund other endeavors without impacting their ability to afford and participate in the Neo Geo experience. This means an experience like the one referenced by our friend ggallegos1 is at least less common, if not wholly unheard of, and is that point more of an exercise in collection than purely gaming. An expression of mild, nearly passive, surprise in response is, itself, comparatively unsurprising.

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
The proliferation of non-emulation alternatives such as using CMVS, Superguns, and Magic Keys, among other potential solutions, has allowed gamers to use cheaper MVS cartridges and enjoy the same or nearly the same experience of using an AES cartridge has led many to jettison their AES collections in order to fund other endeavors without impacting their ability to afford and participate in the Neo Geo experience. This means an experience like the one referenced by our friend ggallegos1 is at least less common, if not wholly unheard of, and is that point more of an exercise in collection than purely gaming. An expression of mild, nearly passive, surprise in response is, itself, comparatively unsurprising.

Fx7hW4K.jpg

xsq

Spoiler:
Fx7hW4K.jpg
Oh, come on, he made such a good effort with that well worded post.

50474aaae4a1b1e3da3ee0113a6e21d4.gif

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member

Your attempted trolling was too subtle. If you are going to shitpost, it's best to be direct like...fagit melt.

xsq

That chemical compound, could it exist, would never be written like that - the second occurrence of titanium would be represented by a subscript 2 and not be written out separately.
VzXACAi.gif

FilthyRear

15 Year Member
That chemical compound, could it exist, would never be written like that - the second occurrence of titanium would be represented by a subscript 2 and not be written out separately.

Thank you for proving my point.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

:lol:

On topic: Things were much cheaper then, but when I was doing the bulk of my buying I tried to have some rules so that things didn’t get out of hand:
AES/NG64: all-time favorites only
CDZ: games I love but didn’t want to spend hundreds on (e.g. ADK titles)
MVS: everything else I still enjoy

These days I try to support the SNK brand in general, but the varied quality of the re-releases/ports over the years have not always made that easy.
With my other retro consoles, I just stuck to my favorite titles that are exclusive to that console. This ensures that each console only has a handful of games that I play constantly.