Do MS1 AES carts differ quite a bit in weight? Did I get a boot Neo bomber Man?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
nruva said:
BISCUIT!

-Nick

Eh?:spock:

@Ryan - I am picky, but not to the point where I weigh carts and produce pdf documents on cart rattles and sticker placement.
As for Dr NeoGeo he knows nothing about the word 'mint' nor its meaning... neither do several Italian "collectors" (and i use this term very loosely)

The photo gallery is now more like a rogues gallery as a lot of the stuff you see in those photos from these so called 'super collectos' is 100% bonefide crap. Shit that even Buyrite wouldn't sell let alone describe as 'mint'.

BTW - Of course none of want to see you ripped off.

rimm_rs

Banned
As for an IC dying, I'm not a tech, and did not know that. If a game dies in 20 years I may or may not be abole to find parts or a person to fix it.

I don't see why some are flaming here, the question I asked is legit... perhaps the flamers need to get out more and not hang in front of the computer so much?

Also: Big Bear, Kenny Boy, 16-bit, NeoRYU, Bar 81, Freelancer, Mikace01, Neo Mike (and more but I'm not recalling right now) have sold to me and in all cases, they will tell you that I hit them with lots of questions. They will also tell you that i paid quickly and once I got the item left the a PM thanking them and also a thread here pushing them as good sellers. Not ONE person can come forward and say that they SOLD me an item and i wanted to send it back. I ask a lot of presales question to avoid return.

@thebinarycode:
You MIGHT have gotten a boot, I didn't think you'd notice so I'll refiund your money! ;-)

@2heed:
Space, I don't know where I'd put and MVS machine. I'm not rich, but I do OK and I buy what I can afford.

Last edited:

rimm_rs

Banned
@RICH and anyone else not getting it:

PLEASE listen to this:

I DO NOT, I REPEAT NOT, weigh my carts. I naver have and never will. I never claimed to either READ the posts.

I was comparing a known non-conversion MS1 to a second/new copy to be sure that the new copy was legit.

With one copy in the right hand and the other in the left hand I could EASILY feel that one weighed a good bit more than the other. I was NOT checking weught, but rather looking at the sickers on the cart side by side.

For the record: Had that happened to you with 2 of the same title, would you have done nothing or made a post asking? The answer either is a "Yes" or a "No." And don't dodge the question, just answer it. After all, after your posts, you'd surely answer, "no."

i'm done with this post...

Last edited:

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
rimm_rs said:
As for an IC dying, I'm not a tech, and did not know that. If a game dies in 20 years I may or may not be abole to find parts or a person to fix it.

Don't worry about not finding parts. Basic logic IC's (74xx numbers) are extremely common, and not likely to disappear. All you have to do to replace one is simply desolder the old one, solder in a IC socket(to simplify future replacements), and stick in the new chip. Basic soldering skills are the only thing required.

If you couldn't find someone locally to burn a replacement ROM, you can always find people online to do it.

Like I said, the only thing to worry about is the encryption chip on the newer games. It's a custom part, so you can't just buy one off the shelf.

Marco-big-bro

Morden's Lackey
Maybe some get one having 3 MS1 orother games, but I think it kills the market where so many games can't be afforded by most of us...
Games are made to be played!!!:cool:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Marco-big-bro said:
Maybe some get one having 3 MS1 orother games, but I think it kills the market where so many games can't be afforded by most of us...
Games are made to be played!!!:cool:

Well, I would say that some AES games (specially the rare and expensive) are not kept just to be played anymore. If you only wanted to play the game you would get the MVS, a conversion a port, or even the roms.
Personally, I don't really see the point on owning multiple AES copies of the same game, if what you want is to be sure to be able to play it in the future. If I wanted to do something like you, I would own only one copy of the AES, and for the money another copy would cost I could buy like 10 or MVS copies of the same title, and they would serve better they're back-up purpose. Actually, I think that most likely it's your AES system what will eventually die, not the games.
In fact, what is really a back-up (and this certainly what I would do), and will certainly never die, is the roms. Just keep your games well stored, and play with the roms in a computer after 40 years. You don't even need to know if your old AES games still work: just keep them on the shelf.

That's my 2 cents.