Difference in AES numbers and other questions

david

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I don't understand a lot about the Neo Geo systems, but why do you guys give the # of the systems. Is it for a reason and also what is the difference between a gold system and a normal one? Ok last questions, what about the neo cd system and the cdz neo system. Can they play any neo geo cd games?
Ok i'm done.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
i asked some questions about the neogeo cd and cdz awhile ago so i can help u out here

both of them do play neogeo cd games and all of them the neogeocd is older frontloading one and the CDZ is the newer toploading system it has a bit more ram for slightly faster loading times but i read its built quite cheaply and ppl have many problems with it.

when i asked the majority of the ppl recomended the neogeo cd over the CDZ

and dont take my answer to seriously on the aes system questions but i think they only post the serial number so the buyer knows its legit. or the model number because diff models differ slightly i read with some its easier to fit the phantom 1 converter in and stuff like that.

hope i was some sorta help

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
There are several different versions of the Neo AES system, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, mostly relating to video output.

For example, I have an early AES sytem, and the RCA video output sucks. I have been told that in my model the RGB and RF outputs are pretty strong. In other models, composit is good but RGB isn't, and in newer models both are peachy keen.

I don't know the exact model numbers for which systems are which, though.