Diddy Kong Racing DS

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Anyone pick this up today? Looks like it is 2-8 players single or multi-card, multi-player. And ...up to six plays on Wi-Fi.

I got my copy today but not really that excited about it. I might try it out later via some local multi-player and then try out the Wi-Fi portion.

Just thought I would see if anyone was grabbing this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I will never get how people enjoyed the original.
Worst kart racer I ever played.
Many said it owned Mario Kart 64 in singe-player, but really, MK64 annihilated it in every aspect.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I will never get how people enjoyed the original.
Worst kart racer I ever played.
Many said it owned Mario Kart 64 in singe-player, but really, MK64 annihilated it in every aspect.

I didn't really like the N64 version that much and that is why I was unsure whether to grab this or not. I had a lot of fun with Mario Kart DS on Wi-Fi (when ever I could find someone to play) and since Diddy Kong racing offers Wi-Fi (up to six players) I thought I would give it a chance.

That being said, I still haven't opened it yet. Also for the record, there are a lot of horrible kart racing games out there, many of them much worse than Diddy Kong Racing on the 64.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
I didn't really like the N64 version that much and that is why I was unsure whether to grab this or not. I had a lot of fun with Mario Kart DS on Wi-Fi (when ever I could find someone to play) and since Diddy Kong racing offers Wi-Fi (up to six players) I thought I would give it a chance.

That being said, I still haven't opened it yet. Also for the record, there are a lot of horrible kart racing games out there, many of them much worse than Diddy Kong Racing on the 64.

I was just curious, Gameoz, do you buy every DS game regardless of quality?

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Weevus said:
I was just curious, Gameoz, do you buy every DS game regardless of quality?

:) It may seem that way but no. If a game offers single card, multi-player play, I am usually willing to pick it up since we own multiple DS systems. Same goes for a game that offers Wi-Fi.

I pick up most of the higher profile games and but pass on a good portion of what is released.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
I always loved the original diddy kong racing, it was just awesome!
bouncy and catchy soundtrack added a lot, you could select your vehicle which added a lot of variety(in mario kart you only had carts), and the adventure mode was just cool, no selecting a level, you were travelling across the land and selecting tracks from there, which was pretty cool.
I will defintely pick it up on ds very soon :cool:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
:) It may seem that way but no. If a game offers single card, multi-player play, I am usually willing to pick it up since we own multiple DS systems. Same goes for a game that offers Wi-Fi.

I pick up most of the higher profile games and but pass on a good portion of what is released.

Gotcha.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Gameoz said:
Anyone pick this up today? Looks like it is 2-8 players single or multi-card, multi-player. And ...up to six plays on Wi-Fi.

I got my copy today but not really that excited about it. I might try it out later via some local multi-player and then try out the Wi-Fi portion.

Just thought I would see if anyone was grabbing this.

I have it and I wasn't all that impressed. Just a rehash of the n64 version with online play. I would just stick with mario kart if you have a racing itch to scratch.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Bought it tonight. Bought a brand new stinking router aswell and it still wont connect. I think rogers is blocking it on there end. Which is fucked.

Nubcakes

Stakes Winner
My boss let me borrow the demo version yesterday and it's actually pretty good. Got online with it this morning but of course only like 3 people on.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
I always liked Diddy Kong Racing but to me there just isn't a reason to buy the newest DS version. It has a few new levels and the addition of some new characters too like Tiny & Dixie Kong but basically the same as on the N64.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I hated the original, and this one sounds far worse. Buy FF VI and pass on this, GO.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
Mine is still sealed. Bought a brand new router. I think the cable modem has the mac address's of the two computers stuck in its memory or something. Im going to switch them up this weekend and get back online to whip all your candy asses.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
The exact same game? If I hadn't played the original to death (a decade ago, now), I might have picked this up.

Nubcakes

Stakes Winner
Yeah, it is the exact same thing...if id didn't have wifi it would be worthless. Some of the stylus addition are ok.