Demons of Asteborg DX

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
Neofid Studios just announced that they're bringing their Demons of Asteborg remake, Demons of Asteborg DX, to the Neo Geo (and the GBA)!

Going by the description, it also looks like it's not going to be just another lazy port, but that they're actually trying to put a novel twist on the NG version.

In addition to benefiting from the reworked graphics common to both new versions, the Neo-Geo version will display more details thanks to its higher resolution. Furthermore, it will feature a new two-player mode.

I, for, one welcome this new resurgence of NG homebrew!

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Neofid Studios just announced that they're bringing their Demons of Asteborg remake, Demons of Asteborg DX, to the Neo Geo (and the GBA)!

Going by the description, it also looks like it's not going to be just another lazy port, but that they're actually trying to put a novel twist on the NG version.

I, for, one welcome this new resurgence of NG homebrew!
It's good to see that it will be a different version compared to the Mega Drive version :)

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The music in DoA MD is brilliant, and the graphics are pretty solid. Unfortunately, the difficult curve was far too steep for me and I sold my copy on.

I believe it's a common criticism the game received, and the sequel/prequel that's not long come out has had the same, so I'll pass on any Neo version unless they're prepared to address this particular feedback and include a mode that is more accessible for the more casual gamer.

NeoSeeD

n00b
The music in DoA MD is brilliant, and the graphics are pretty solid. Unfortunately, the difficult curve was far too steep for me and I sold my copy on.

I believe it's a common criticism the game received, and the sequel/prequel that's not long come out has had the same, so I'll pass on any Neo version unless they're prepared to address this particular feedback and include a mode that is more accessible for the more casual gamer.
The campaign does say that it will have "difficulty balancing". I'd like to see the gameplay improved with enemies actually having hit stuns & flashes. As usual, it would be nice to see a NGCD version announced, but that doesn't seem likely to happen.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
The campaign does say that it will have "difficulty balancing".
Once bitten twice shy I'm afraid. I'd have to see some pretty convincing evidence to see its accessability has been greatly improved... especially at the high price they're asking for AES carts - way above what all the other indie AES projects are asking at the moment.

And, yes, a NGCD port would always be welcome.

pva

Overtop Pathfinder
Unfortunately, the difficult curve was far too steep for me and I sold my copy on.
One of their strech goals is to add additional difficulty settings. I take it they intend to make the game even more bastard hard. 😅
Should the campaign hit €90,000, additional difficulty settings will be added.

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
7 days left and they are over $30k USD short of reaching their minimum goal. I hope they can make it, looks fun!

I'm in for for a regular MVS and a regular GBA.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

I found that the controls where a big issue on the difficultly to me. Really floaty and when you got the bosses they where huge huge damage sponges.

The campaign does say that it will have "difficulty balancing". I'd like to see the gameplay improved with enemies actually having hit stuns & flashes. As usual, it would be nice to see a NGCD version announced, but that doesn't seem likely to happen.
I too also always crave for a cd port especially if they could make an arranged ost.

bloodfire3

10 years, 9 posts.,
Looks like the campaign is going to make it. 29 hours to go and only needs an additional $1600 USD. So if you want to get in on this game, looks like it will happen.