Deflecting Supers in SSVS??

Rick

Crazed Addict,
The computer always seems to deflect my super (qcf+CD) weapon flipping technique when I use Sogetsu. Can I deflect any super by doing qcb,fd+d? Or is there another way to deflect supers? What about the timing? Can I do it during the move or only right as it hits? Can you deflect regular special moves? thanks!!

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
i've seen the same thing with the cpu. i had sogetsu and he actually blocked the first hit of the super and then deflected a subsequent hit (not sure if it was the second one or not).

the deflect move won't work against low attacks or projectiles, but it does work against all standing weapon attacks and theoretically would work on weapon-based supers as well. timing is critical, of course.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
kafuin_gairathe deflect move won't work against low attacks or projectiles said:
Don't know about that. I've deflected out of low slashes plenty of times. Kicks are about the only safe attack. Well jumping slashes are safe, until you come across Jubei...

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
i've seen the same thing with the cpu. i had sogetsu and he actually blocked the first hit of the super and then deflected a subsequent hit (not sure if it was the second one or not).

the deflect move won't work against low attacks or projectiles, but it does work against all standing weapon attacks and theoretically would work on weapon-based supers as well. timing is critical, of course.

Don't know about that. I've been deflected out of low slashes plenty of times. Kicks are about the only safe attack. Well, there the jumping slashes are safe, until you run into Jubei...