Decided against this one...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
At least you guys have a Xmas party. Back when I first started in my company they would give us one hour with coffee in donuts in the morning and a half day if you got your assigned work done. Now we don't have anything. Some techs just get together and do their own thing.

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
At least you guys have a Xmas party. Back when I first started in my company they would give us one hour with coffee in donuts in the morning and a half day if you got your assigned work done. Now we don't have anything. Some techs just get together and do their own thing.

To be honest, I think that would be better.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
To be honest, I think that would be better.

Yea I agree but It would be nice to have the coffee and donuts and just bullshit in morning for a little. I really don't care about working the full day. Most of the techs get along with each other and would be kind of cool just to have management and the techs have a little fun for an hour. I think it would boost up the moral.

There is such a division between our side and managment.

Last edited:

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I hate company holiday parties. Boring speeches, people either getting wasted or tell you about shit you absolutely don't care about.

I make it a point to come up with an excuse every year to skip.

Sorry to hear that man. I work for a fortune 500 company that had a record year. Everyone usually gets Christmas dinner during lunch one day. I work nights though, so they tried to stiff us. I told my boss we should just go out. So he took the department code and took our team out to nice restaurant. Multi billion dollar company cant even treat 4 guys who work a 24/7 "essential" staff...

Yeah, fuck them.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Edit -- outa respect for Smoke's decision to back off this one. Happy Merry.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I get all of Kwanzaa off. I guess that's a Christmas bonus.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I have something that's pretty bad.

My wife's work used to do a Christmas party thing every year. Then they moved it to January, just because it was cheaper. Motivation!

Just tonight one of my friends asked me to go to her holiday party on 1/31. I assumed she meant 12/31 but nope, January 31st. Why even bother at that point?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I feel ya.

Our situation is not as dire as yours, but I have a hard time motivating people in our office to participate in these events. They're mostly upset with the practices of the company and there's not much the direct management team (which includes me) can do. Our Christmas party was composed of nearly 60% of our in office employees, so it wasn't horrible. We don't make it mandatory but because some didn't show up, we were left with extra funds to do extra christmas shots and catch a nice buzz.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I didn't have a Xmas meal this year... due to last years Fiasco...

ONE of my staff members is a typical chav and if the menu doesn't involve steak and chips... he doesn't eat it...

...Well... Fuck him... i'm going to fire him in the New Year anyway...

xROTx

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I didn't have a Xmas meal this year... due to last years Fiasco...

ONE of my staff members is a typical chav and if the menu doesn't involve steak and chips... he doesn't eat it...

...Well... Fuck him... i'm going to fire him in the New Year anyway...

xROTx

Fucking Chavs....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Fucking Chavs....

TELL me about it...

...I treat this guy REALLY well...

18 months ago he was broke and was pawning his stuff with me... Now he's set and he STILL complains i don't pay him enough...

...I counter this by the reason that he's a fuckin' idiot of a member of staff and hasn't learned a thing in 18 months...

I use him as a gopher... carry and fetch... it's the only thing he's good for...

xROTx

PS. Stressed me out over Xmas... with his complaining ways... jan said i shouldn't fire him before Xmas...:(

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Back in the 90s when I worked at Kinko's they let the 2nd shift people leave work for a couple hours to attend the Christmas party. They had to go right back to work afterwards for another 4 hours. One of our sketchy new hires came back drunk and was telling customers to forgive her if she got their order wrong because "she was a little drunk". Good times :lolz:

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
I have something that's pretty bad.

My wife's work used to do a Christmas party thing every year. Then they moved it to January, just because it was cheaper. Motivation!
Damn that's pretty sad.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Dude that sounds terrible Smoke. Hope your at home celebration is much better.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I remember what this post was about. Just wanted to share my $0.02.

I refuse to go to my company's Christmas party. They told me that I'm not valued because I'm not sales staff or upper management, and they pay me poorly because of that, and to a lesser extent because of the benefits. If it wasn't for the benefits, I'd strongly consider returning to retail because this job is unfortunately practically the only opportunity in the area and has been for years. And, by their own admission, the benefits aren't that good.

So, I don't go to the party because I don't feel like I'm a part of the company. Or if I am a part of the company, I'm the earwax.