Deathsmiles I & II (PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member

Gematsu said:
Following a tease in September 2019, publisher City Connection and developer Cave Interactive have officially announced Deathsmiles I & II for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Switch. It will launch in 2021 in Japan.

The collection includes the following titles:

Deathsmiles
Arcade
Version 1.1
Normal

Deathsmiles Mega Black Label
Arcade
Version 1.1
Normal

Deathsmiles II
Arcade
Deathsmiles IIX
Arrange

New Functions

The original Deathsmiles first launched for arcades in October 2007, followed by Xbox 360 in April 2009, iOS in July 2011, Android in July 2013, and PC in March 2016. Deathsmiles II launched for arcades in May 2009 and Xbox 360 in May 2011.

Watch the Deathsmiles I & II teaser trailer below. Visit the teaser website here.

Source

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
That's dope!

The only cab I have wired for modern systems is Tate, I mostly use it for shmups on the 360. Deathsmiles would be fun to play again.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I have Deathsmiles NA, Deathsmiles, and Deathsmiles IIX, but I'll buy this anyway.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
No anime tiddy faceplate this time? I still have mine around here somewhere.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Deathsmiles on the go would be awesome! Hope they bring out Akai Katana as well!

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Cool after this release i hope it means more ports of cave shooters for modern consoles.

glazball

Pleasure Goal
10 Year Member
Very cool. I've never spent any time with these, having never owned a 360, but always wanted to. Looking forward to picking this up.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Very cool, I will be picking this up also.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I think I played my copy of DS1 on the 360 three or four times before putting it away for good. Not my favorite from Cave. Maybe I'll check it out since I never played pt 2.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
If you weren't able to get into the first game, the second one will not win you over.

I think both games are ok but will wait for shmupper reviews before I buy, as I already have them on 360 and not in a rush to double down.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
IIX is horrid.

Yeah... I got really close to a clear and then just kinda gave up because it's just not that fun and the graphics are awful. Reusing DS1 graphics would've been a better move.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
That game was one of the biggest disappointments ever for me.

Yes the graphics were terrible from a technical standpoint, but even more so from a thematic one. I mean, an Xmas theme sounds awesome on paper but there just wasn’t enough relevant content to justify it. Everything just feels so stitched together. It just left such a bad taste in my mouth that I never really gave it much attention at all.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I own DS1 on steam, but this is definitely something worth considering. Never tried II or IIX (I'm not too much into the graphics style of II vs I), but depending on the price it might be worth it to pick it up again for XBox One to get a quick game or two in from time to time.