Darkstalkers 4? Vampire Savior 3? A NEW Darkstalkers installment?!?!

mdog

Zero's Secretary
Being and always will be a huge fan of the Darkstalkers series, it appears that Capcom has a NEW installment for the 2d fighter Masterpiece in the works! I'm excited and look foward to seeing what new characters they'll produce this time around!! We will soon find out. FINALLY, capcom looks to be back in the bizzz!:buttrock:

http://www.neogeoforlife.com/

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Well, it would be great to see another NEW chapter of the VAMPIRE series (there's no such a thing as 'DarkStalkers', sir).

Yet:

fans are in the hopes for new high resolution sprites and of course the usual moody graphics

hi-res my ass!

I want the old sprite and charas roster to be updated with some cool new comers, no Atomiswave shit.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Being and always will be a huge fan of the Darkstalkers series, it appears that Capcom has a NEW installment for the 2d fighter Masterpiece in the works! I'm excited and look foward to seeing what new characters they'll produce this time around!! We will soon find out. FINALLY, capcom looks to be back in the bizzz!

Dude, I'll believe this when I see it.

The last time we all got worked up about something 'new' from Capcom, it was Hyper Street Fighter II...which was misinterpreted as some kind of remake of SSF2X, and it turned out to just be SSF2X with other versions of selectable characters.

Ten bucks says this is just someone misreading the Vampire release for the PSP.
Believe me, I want it to be true...but given the giant turd Capcom is about to drop called Capcom Fighting Jam, I just can't believe they'd actually be inspired enough to make a Vampire sequel of all things.

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
75% sure this is just the PSP release
25% sure this is just another panic reaction by Capcom to SNKs domination of the 2D fighter market

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
Ten bucks says this is just someone misreading the Vampire release for the PSP.
That's what I keep thinking. I've heard about this a few places, but they can all be traced back to magicbox. It only takes one guy to make a simple mistake and get everyone happy for nothing.

Otherwise, it's likely a Vampire Chronicles thing for arcade. If it is, I hope they let you choose music and backgrounds from Vampire/Vampire Hunter, not just Savior.

I'd love a new game, but I'm not counting on it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
ParryHor said:

You may as well throw in the thrash whatever localized veriosion of any foreign anime/manga/movie I've worked on.

Even with my very best effort -> still fake shit.

You don't think I keep a copy of my own works, do you? ;)

POssibly I buy the original release for the products I work on...

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
MrLonghair said:
75% sure this is just the PSP release
25% sure this is just another panic reaction by Capcom to SNKs domination of the 2D fighter market

most likely... :(

Baseley09

Hair Group,
SouthtownKid said:
That's what I keep thinking. I've heard about this a few places, but they can all be traced back to magicbox. It only takes one guy to make a simple mistake and get everyone happy for nothing.

Otherwise, it's likely a Vampire Chronicles thing for arcade. If it is, I hope they let you choose music and backgrounds from Vampire/Vampire Hunter, not just Savior.

I'd love a new game, but I'm not counting on it.

It was reported in the UK press this week that there will be a new Vampire game from Capcom. It assumed it would be a "full" release, but didnt confirm that it #wasnt the PSP game. I'm confused :(

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Well, it would be great to see another NEW chapter of the VAMPIRE series (there's no such a thing as 'DarkStalkers', sir).

Yet:

hi-res my ass!

I want the old sprite and charas roster to be updated with some cool new comers, no Atomiswave shit.

Your such a Prick! Fucking except western names for games and stop being such a dickhead! It was fucking pathetic enough when you were coming out with all those jap Zelda names!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Shito said:

Yet:

hi-res my ass!

You have 2 serious issues with gaming to work out, both are clearly stated right here.

Mushiki

flaming petrosexual,
15 Year Member
It would be great to see a new Vampire game, but like it was stated before, it is most likely some kind of misunderstanding with the PSP release.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing the Vampire characters in the upcoming Sammy vs Capcom.

Shito said:
I want the old sprite and charas roster to be updated with some cool
new comers, no Atomiswave shit.

As far as I know, Capcom never mentioned being interested in working with the Atomiswave platform.

High resolution sprites would be a great update for the series, but... it's Capcom.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Mushiki said:
As far as I know, Capcom never mentioned being interested in working with the Atomiswave platform.

I know man, I was just bitching about the current 'snk trend'

High resolution sprites would be a great update for the series, but... it's Capcom.

Well, I have to agree the very much anime-looking graphic style of the Vampire series would be most probably the best looking if ported into hi-res, still I can't stand hi-res for bitmap games...

sQuareh4t3r

formerly "sQuareh4t3r", then "MacGuffin", now "sQu
NeoDragoN said:
Your such a Prick! Fucking except western names for games and stop being such a dickhead! It was fucking pathetic enough when you were coming out with all those jap Zelda names!
Touché. I mean, I have been studying Japanese in and out of a classroom environment for nearly six years and have spent periods of time in the country, and I don't even stoop to the level of fanboyism that you do, Shito. Let's face it, most of the people on these boards are from Western cultures, and as such, the titles of the games they know will be the Western counterpart. I will refer to a game by its Western name at all times, and do you know why? Because that way people will actually know what I am talking about. Not everyone sits around and collects information about what the titles of each game are in different regions, so calling them by a different name than the standard Western users are used to is pointless. Stop being such a twat.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Being a casual fan of the series (not diehard in the way I am towards, say, World Heroes) I do not care quite frankly if they ever make another one. I mean, with Night Warriors and Vampire Savior on Saturn being the kind of ports they are, it's hard to ask for more. :p

Although I am not a hardcore Darkstalkers fan, I do own GameFan's brilliant and rare Saturn Night Warriors strategy guide, which I've seen go on eBay for $20+

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:

OMG OMG I feel owned now! I'm such a prick...

~lol taking such issues as personal and insulting me

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
squareh4t3r said:
Touché. I mean, I have been studying Japanese in and out of a classroom environment for nearly six years and have spent periods of time in the country, and I don't even stoop to the level of fanboyism that you do, Shito. Let's face it, most of the people on these boards are from Western cultures, and as such, the titles of the games they know will be the Western counterpart. I will refer to a game by its Western name at all times, and do you know why? Because that way people will actually know what I am talking about. Not everyone sits around and collects information about what the titles of each game are in different regions, so calling them by a different name than the standard Western users are used to is pointless. Stop being such a twat.

I see your points. They make sense. You try to see mine as well, you would find they make sense also, just from another point of view of the 'human relation' thing! :)

Shit'o said:
I'm totally far from being a Japanophile or something. I'm well proud of being European, actually. My fav literature is the French one, you know. I love English poetry and romanticism as well. I love Italian and French art and all.

But again, I'm always true to the original, whenever it comes from.

It's just simple like that.

There' NO WAY I'm talkig about 'The Little Prince', it's 'Le Petit Prince' period. Or Guernica, is just Guernica. Same thing.

Pretening to be Japanese? Not my cup of tea.

Just stating as Japanese was IS Japanese, are Japanese games are.

As for your remark of my supposed effort in 'trying to be undestandable', well you know, I'm nothing like a philantrope, most likely an intellectual elitist.

If you get the shit I'm talking about, the nice: chaces are I'll be interested in talking with you about that shit.

If you can't get what I'm talking about, well then too bad and boo-boo, I simply don't care your eventual opions about something you don't even know the actual name, for your opinions are most likely to be far from the real thing and the real point I'm discussing.

And thus you can call me a moron, and asshole of whatever:

I don't care anyway.

To me talking to other people is always about making some kind of selection.

Who gets shit and who not.

Such is life to me, scouting for the (eventually few) people I've fun to talk with.

Nor I'm not to teach anyone on a inet board, you know?

I'm not a fucking religious, crusader, missioner or something.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Shito said:
OMG OMG I feel owned now! I'm such a prick...

~lol taking such issues as personal and insulting me

I feel my original message has been justified by how you responded to it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
I feel my original message has been justified by how you responded to it.

~lol poor counterpoint trying to regain any smart position

[you think calling a person as a prick and a dickhead would lead to any decent conversation?]

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Shito said:
~lol poor counterpoint trying to regain any smart position

[you think calling a person as a prick and a dickhead would lead to any decent conversation?]

I don't need to regain "any smart position" people know what i am about. As for calling you a prick and a dickhead, it was'nt intended to start a conversation. Why the fuck would you think that i would want to converse with someone like you? Calling you a prick and a dickhead is pure fact and looking above a couple of people seem to agree.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Man, seems some of you folks didn't take your Midol this week. Anyway, it's good to see another VS game (even if there is little hope it's actually a 'new' release). I thought I read somewhere that Capcom stated that Capcom Fighting Jam would be thier last new fighting game. Well, I hope there is a new one, but Capcom has been spitting out absolute crap as of late so I would be doubtful that this new game will be anywhere near as good. Here's hoping Clover Studios has something to do with it.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
NeoDragoN said:
I don't need to regain "any smart position" people know what i am about. As for calling you a prick and a dickhead, it was'nt intended to start a conversation. Why the fuck would you think that i would want to converse with someone like you? Calling you a prick and a dickhead is pure fact and looking above a couple of people seem to agree.

~lol 'pure fact' + majority argument

[boy, you're such a character]

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
I'm pretty sure Iggy at Madman's Cafe mentioned a long ways back a Darkstalkers game in the same vein as HSF2 was coming out, but it was only rumor at the time. This could be that game.

Tom

The Frog of Genjuro,
This wonderfull news if it is true. Anyone else notice Darkstalkers is one of the few game series Capcom hasn't run into the ground, but only gets better? I mean, how many times can you play SF2 with so so improvements and the gameplay of the X series was ruined after X4. While not a fighting game capcom fucked up the Biohazard/Resident Evil games after the original CV; Capcom even messed up RE3. I hope capcom redraws the sprites and doesn't screw this game up.