Daraku Tenshi in a neo.

SSS

neo retired
Why not make an adapter using a jamma fingerboard and edge connector rather than modify a board?

Personal preference, besides I've already modified daraku years ago with a region switch. I'd still have to modify the board regardless. The 2 kicks are handled by the kick harness, and I'd need to connect them to the pcb's jamma edge.

Last edited:

FA-MAS

Kula's Candy
I'd still personally connect the kicks to the adapter, but to each his own.

SSS

neo retired
Aww, screw it. I'm lazy. I just ordered an adapter and harness. Still wondering if the schematic would work though.

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
As I've said before I'm not here for a popularity contest, I come here to help others in any way I can with the technical problems they are having. Funny though the only people that have a problem with me are all Americans, isn't it?

Go back to butchering perfectly good boards, dumbass.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Why would you connect 10 to L?

Anyway, usually my superguns have a SPDT switch for the test switch, one wired to M and one wired to 15.

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
Why wouldn't you just connect them both to the test button? If using a JAMMA board M is audio ground, so grounding it will never be a problem.

If there's some reason why grounding pin 15 on an MVS isn't a good idea, someone please let me know. I have not encountered any problems so far.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On some jamma boards when grounding M it caused a strange reset, iirc it was a namco board that did that.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Be careful with this. Daraku Tenshi's sound amp heats up really quickly when connected incorrectly. Here's the switch I put into my mvs cab so the sound amp on Daraku Tenshi wouldn't overheat. Credit to MKL for the layout.

MVSJamma.jpg

as for the kick harness. Make one of these:

Dscn6040.jpg

Dscn6045.jpg

Last edited:

Supasaru

Windjammers Wonder
Great game. Great project. Great results.

That is truely awesome, SamuraiShodownSensei.