Damn my NAM-1975 Cart...

O

Omega-NEO

I posted about this game here before and I got some feedback. Unfortunately I still cannot beat the damned old man in a wheelchair! What gives? I think one guy said he has beaten this game without continuing at all. How is that possible? I can't even believe somebody has beaten this game. How can you dodge all the firepower coming at you from the machine thing the old man is sitting in? Whats the deal? I try to roll right, then left, then shoot, but oh damn, when I try to shoot I get blasted! You can't shoot in the middle of a roll... so you have to come out of the roll and shoot, this momentarily leaves you wide open, and I always get slaughtered during that moment. Do I throw grenades or what? Do I have to have the blonde chick with me to beat the old guy? Can somebody just tell me the ending before I go crazy and do something to my cart system I might regret later? Well, scratch that, I wouldn't attack my cart system, ever, but I might get pissed off and break the NAM-1975 cartridge. Please help me, give me tips, tell me anything you know about beating this old man in a wheelchair... do it for the cartridge man...

S

Silent_Scope

I think the guy who beats the Nam-75 must be the legendary Neo Geo the almighty God......I've tried for 5 years and you know what has happened to my cartridge because I have CD version now instead........
(I slaughtered the cartridge..........)

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Rolling is exactly what you're doing wrong in fighting Dr. Muckley. Just run like hell, don't roll. A lot of the time, you can manage to fake him out by standing in one spot, let the bullet balls start firing, then run to the other side of the screen. It's 50/50 that the laser will lock onto the spot where the bullets are falling, so you may have to use a quick roll to escape that.

Lobbing grenades, I've noticed, doesn't do a whole lot of damage to him. Just have patience, keep your cool, and gun his ass down. That's the main thing, keeping cool. If you can manage that, you should be able to destroy the psychopath. I won't blow the ending for you, but the bad ending is actually better. So don't be too disappointed after all your patience and preserverence.

lou_preview.jpg

http://www.fanscene.org

S

Silent_Scope

Bad ending seems like the best ending? I'll go ahead and slaughter my CD game

O

Omega-NEO

Well, thanks for the advice. Don't roll, just run. Shoot, run, shoot, run. I got it. I still don't think I'll beat the game though. Its crazy. Its so fun to play, but the end of the game just disappoints so much because you only get 1 credit to finish it off. I guess its very satisfying to finish the boss with the remaining lives you got left... it better be because I have been trying for way too long to just get a Congratulations, Thanks for Playing, End Credits... blah, blah blah... I better see some naked American women running into my arms or something...

Omega Neo,
That was me who can beat Nam on one guy. If you have a few bucks, I'll send you a video of me going through it. Ha ha! Anyway, Lou was absolutely correct. Run like a fool! Run into a corner, shoot your ass off, when his shots catch up to you, Roll INTO them, then start running again. This part ALWAYS gets my heart pounding! God, what a great game! BTW, have you fought him after you knock him out of the wheelchair? If not, be ready for an unpleasant surprise. Just run like a bitch, shoot, when you hear the laser, roll towards the missile fire. I promise you, it is possible to beat it with one life. Patcience is the key to beating Muckley, you have to knit-pick him all day long. And, about the ending, I'm sure you're familiar with it. You see R. Muckley's face, and he says "The world is mine!"
wink.gif
Just kidding man. You'll see the real ending. "But the Hell continues."
Good luck,
AOF

O

Omega-NEO

Are you serious about taping yourself beating the entire game? How much is this going to cost me? I have more than a few bucks... what if I send you a blank VHS tape or something? Then what will it cost me? By the way... if you die during the game, do I get a discount? Just kidding... I was just fucking with ya' there... but seriously, I'll send you a blank tape if you'll record yourself beating the game for me. Make sure you record the ending too. I am dying to know what happens!! Never in my life have I wanted to see a game ending so bad... except for when I played Zelda: A Link to the Past on my Super Nintendo. I eventually got to this castle I couldn't beat. It was so confusing. I couldn't even find the way through the damn thing. I used to play so much, just hoping for a miracle so I could defeat the castle and move on with the game. Eventually I did beat the castle and then the game and I saw the ending. It was so awesome. NAM-1975 is the next Zelda for me... but this time I don't know if I will ever see the ending. I keep trying to beat the game, over and over again but I can't. I didn't even know the old guy could get out of the wheelchair! Shows you how good I am at fighting him... so it would be worth it to me to send you the tape and stuff just to view the final ending. So what do you say? Do we have a deal or what??

Sure man,
Just send me a tape, and a few bucks for return shipping. Don't know if you want to see the ending though, you should earn it yourself
wink.gif
Are their any other games I can help you with? BTW, My Neo is in the shop (and has been for over two MONTHS!) at MAS Systems. I can probably borrow my friends, but it will take about a week of practice before I get my skills at Nam back. My email is:
artoffighting@hotmail.com
I'll send you my address & all. Hey, if you think that's impressive, once, I actually beat Viewpoint on hard with ONE life!!! I think I was on crack. That was one of my proudest & luckiest gaming moments ever.
See you,
AOF

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
I could never watch a video of the ending, but it seems rather tempting. I have been trying to beat this game for at least the last five and a half years, maybe six. The only game that's taking me longer is Phantasy Star. I began my first quest back in 1988 and I still haven't beaten it, nor (hiding face) the original Super Mario Brothers!

Anyhow, I'll think of your tips next time I play. Just tell me one thing if you would. How long do you have to keep shooting that old nutball? I seriously once spent about seven minutes shooting him, first with a Vulcan, as well as grenading him in the arcade, and he finally got me. Of course it did cut off extra lives after 300,000 pts., but still, it seemed like there was no end to it.